Sith Warrior Story Confusion

texmonty

So I feel like I'm missing some key story points regarding Revan in the TOR timeline. Despite my best efforts to keep the storyline chronological, I seem to keep missing things. So I'm currently doing the shadow of revan storyline and having just wrapped up on Manaan, my character states that he was personally responsible for killing Revan. I was actually unaware that Revan had made an appearance yet. I did a little digging and found that he was in the Foundry flashpoint...and that a republic flashpoint was the reason he got out of prison? Didn't know the empire had him imprisoned (some clarity there would be nice). But then the next cutscene there's an option in dialogue for my character to say that he was once a revanite himself. Okay, now I'm really lost. I have no idea when or how that happened. Then again it has been a couple years since I played through levels 1-40 on this character, but still. Anyone feel free to clear this up for me.

Then again it has been a couple years since I played through levels 1-40 on this character, but still. Anyone feel free to clear this up for me.

This here I think is the culprit.

Chronological order and sources:

Revan's imprisonment: Happens 300 years before SWTOR (shortly after KOTOR 2) in the Revan novel. Also referenced numerous times in the game (ex. Taral V, Maelstrom Prison, Lord Scourge etc.)

Sith Warrior (or any Imperial character) becoming a Revanite: Is part of the Revanite quest on Dromund Kaas. Quest giver used to be by the Kaas City speeder to the Citadel, now is by the Wall

Revan's escape from prison: Taral V and Maelstrom Prison flashpoints (Republic)

Revan's "death": Foundry flashpoint (Imperial)

Events of SOR (likely a couple years later)

This seems a bit buggy, however. OP implies he hasn't done the revanite quest on DK or the Foundry - he didn't know that Revan had appeared before. Characters should only say that if they have done it, so there's a broken flag here.

It always bugs me at the beginning of kotfe when you meet Aygo and he claims to remember you from Kuat even if you never did KDY on that character. In that case, I blame BW's laziness, I doubt there was a flag for that line at all. It's just something he has to say to get the ball rolling and lend him the appearance of a personality [a mixed success, but he's better than the Voss mystic].

I recently read the Revan e-book on someone elses recommendation. So it is still fresh in my mind.

Revan started out as a young jedi driven by his passion for justice and fairness, so when the Neo-crusader Mandalorians attacked the Republic as they were meant to by an emissary of the Sith when the ambitious but stupid Mandalore fell under the Sith's mind dominated spell. Revan and Malak stood out as examples of Jedi who didn't sit on the sidelines like a lot of the Jedi did at the time, the both of them plus other Jedi including Meetra Surik, they fought beside the Republic and pushed the Mandalorians back, eventually defeating them when Revan defeated Manadalore in personal combat. Revan took the helmet of Manadalore and hid it so there won't be another Mandalore to reuinte the clans.

After the defeat of Manadalore and just before his death, Revan learned the truth, the Manadalorians were merely puppets and eventually found himself on Dromund Kaas with Malak when he learned that the emperor had planned the whole song and dance with the possibility of invading the republic with such strength as to crush it. Revan and Malak fought the emperor and lost almost immediately as soon as the fight started when Revan and Malak were mind dominated by the emperor, they weren't prepared for his attack.

Ironically the Dark side is what broke the emperor's control over Revan for the most part, but when Malak attacked Revan and left him for dead, Bastila showed up, wiped his mind and established a force link with Revan. KOTOR happened.

After KOTOR 1 and 2, Bastila and Revan remained together and she had a bun in the oven, however Revan never did get to see his son in person, only that he knew of his existence and primarily his motivating reason for failing to break after being captured by Darth Nyriss and Lord Scourge on Nathema and being sent to Dromund Kaas. Meetra worked with Scourge to break Revan out of Nyriss's place and managed it, after some rest, Revan confronted the emperor again and was more prepared to fight, he even pushed the emperor around a bit before he let his guard down and was knocked out of the fight. Scourge ultimately killed Meetra and feined loyalty to the emperor to see out his own vision for the emperor's fall, encouraged by Revan's teachings in the force.

Revan was sent to the Maelstrom prison facility, suspended in the force and left unconcious where age can't reach him as the emperor attempted to wrench information from Revan's mind. SWTOR Flashpoint Taral V and Maelstron prison happens from here, it is also where Meetra has been guarding Revan from outside the prison itself and offering of herself in the force to keep Revan in balance (she is the spirit who talks to revan about getting away from the prison as she never did become one with the force). After his rescue and return to the Republic, albiet birefly, he found the foundry and HK-47, he began arming for a private war against the empire, unknowingly the empire was already aware of the escape and followed him to the foundry where a conflict began. Hk-47 was cut down along with Revan, but only half of him wondered into the force, the other half returned to the broken body. on his "death", Revan mentioned how he now knows what Malak felt like after being defeated by way of calling him "friend".

By SoR the part of Revan that remained started using the Revanites from Dromund Kaas and began militarising them to once again begin another private war, this time against the Republic and Empire by decapitating the leadership by way of the Nova Blades and their transmitter on Rishi to clear the way to kill the emperor by the sacrifice orb in an old Masassi temple. Revan was again defeated by a strikegroup, this time it was for good as the part of him that remained went into the force with the half that was already there. Revan was obsessed with killing the emperor for everything that happened to him, however his final defeat marked the end of that vendetta and warned you of what is to come, very cryptically.

That is the extent of the story of Revan.