Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightning PvP Feedback

AdjeYo
11.28.2017 , 06:31 PM | #21
Still you're not hitting 12k unless they have some cooldown active or your gear is very suboptimal. The top parse does 19.7k on average with TB, so even with 10% internal dr you should be doing something like 17.7k without recklessness and in the ballpark of 24k with recklessness.

AdjeYo
11.28.2017 , 06:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by fortyfivedollars View Post
Hmm so autocrits add all crit chance (not just Recklessness crit chance) to crit damage. That would finally explain how people claim to be getting 18k Thundering Blasts. That change happened in 4.0 and I was playing a Merc back then so autocrits weren't an issue for me.

Of course, it would've been simpler if someone had just told me that straight up.

Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
And yes Recklessness does affect Thundering Blast, any crit chance over 100% gets added to crit multiplier.
/5char

fortyfivedollars
11.28.2017 , 06:38 PM | #23
My gear level is 242 and i have 3300 bonus force damage buffed. Before I knew about the extra 40% damage from crit chance I found it hard to believe that my TB would go from 12k damage to 18k damage in the space of 6 item levels.

fortyfivedollars
11.28.2017 , 06:40 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
/5char
You didn't specifically mention that normal crit chance was added as well, so I assumed it was just Recklessness crit chance.

AdjeYo
11.28.2017 , 06:43 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by fortyfivedollars View Post
You didn't specifically mention that normal crit chance was added as well, so I assumed it was just Recklessness crit chance.
It literally says: any crit chance over 100% gets added to crit multiplier., nowhere did I say just crit chance from recklessness. I said any crit chance is added, therefore recklessness too

fortyfivedollars
11.28.2017 , 06:59 PM | #26
Oh and 12k was a a bit of an exaggeration. I used to hit that but my gear has improved since then. Now I hit for 13-14k.

fortyfivedollars
12.02.2017 , 06:06 PM | #27
Also would it be possible to lower the cooldown of Crushing Darkness to 10 seconds to synch it with Thundering Blast for more fluid burst potential?

fortyfivedollars
12.02.2017 , 10:40 PM | #28
Also possibly remove the 10% Internal and Elemental damage reduction bonus from the Inquisitor/Consular class buff.

fortyfivedollars
12.05.2017 , 03:08 PM | #29
I guess that's really the fundamental problem with the Lightning spec in PvP. Lightning's damage is mitigated too much in PvP compared to it's lack of defensive damage mitigation. And that's just the spec. I'm not even talking about the fundamental problems for caster specs in this game, which I have already covered in previous threads.

TrixxieTriss
12.17.2017 , 09:51 PM | #30
The specs never been the same since they nerfed lightning bolt in the 4.0 force storm OP fiasco or was it 3.0, I can’t remember.
I’m sure the veterans remember how they made LS part of the rotation and put a snare in it. Seriously, who makes a castable AOE part of a burst spec rotation
Anyway, people QQ’d with good reason. Bioware in their wisdom completely ignored the feed back and what the problem actually was. Instead of nerfing FS, they nerfed lightning bolt’s burst and instant proc. This broke the rotation, but still didn’t fix the problem with FS. Eventually 3-4 months later they decided to finally nerf FS power and it’s snare, but they never reversed their nerf to lightning bolt.
Since then the class has never been the same. It’s been kludgy in the rotation and lacking any real burst potential compared to all other burst classes. But also in that time they’ve made survivability higher, which is great if you want to run around all match healing yourself at the expense of your already weak dps output
IMO, the whole spec needs a rethink and it needs to be completely seperate to the other Sorc specs so that it doesn’t affect them in some unforeseen way. I think this is why we always have so many problems with balancing classes because they don’t just focus on the spec specific abilities, they always seem to do broad spectrum nerfs of a whole class to fix just one spec and that always breaks one of the other ones they weren’t trying to fix.
For me personally, I would like to see much more burst, less reliance on dots (we already have Madness for dots) and less reliance on AOE to do damage (once again, we have Madness for that). Also less time self healing and more passives to mitigate damage. I think survivability would be too high if they were to grant the burst I want and I’d happily trade some of that survivability for more burst dps.
Some of the ideas people have posted here are good, but none are perfect for what I’d like. Which is a ranged sorc version of a Fury Mara, no dots, less healing, more passive defence and even more of reliance on mobility to mitigate damage so it is a pure combat class and not a semi hybrid that is there to off heal or apply fluff AOE damage.