Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightning PvP Feedback

Romeugues
11.28.2017 , 01:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
No, 18k on average, 27k every minute and a half. And that's not counting the 4.5k extra about once in four times due to Forked Darkness.
Indeed, thread starter clearly doesn't know what the heck she or she is talking about.

fortyfivedollars
11.28.2017 , 02:22 PM | #12
WelI I don't know how you could possible be hitting those numbers when mine are hitting for 12k with 3.3k bonus damage.

Must be some kind of non PvP mechanic.

MusicRider
11.28.2017 , 02:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by fortyfivedollars View Post
WelI I don't know how you could possible be hitting those numbers when mine are hitting for 12k with 3.3k bonus damage.

Must be some kind of non PvP mechanic.
Man, if you are talking about pvp you need to consider dcds... also when parsing people tend to do so with 10% armor debuff. Yes you can hit for 13k is smn has saber ward up... dont mix the two... numbers are reported from a pve perspective and dummy parses, where everyone does on equal terms.

fortyfivedollars
11.28.2017 , 02:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
Man, if you are talking about pvp you need to consider dcds... also when parsing people tend to do so with 10% armor debuff. Yes you can hit for 13k is smn has saber ward up... dont mix the two... numbers are reported from a pve perspective and dummy parses, where everyone does on equal terms.
Well yeah I'm talking about PvP. That's why I named the thread Lightning PvP Feedback.

And the 10% armor debuff doesn't affect Thundering Blast because it's internal damage.

fortyfivedollars
11.28.2017 , 03:00 PM | #15
Oh I see now. My TB is hitting for 12k in PvP because of the 10% internal damage reduction from the Inquisitor buff. On a training dummy I hit for 14k-15k.

Sorc's getting screwed with their own buff. Nice play Bioware.

Romeugues
11.28.2017 , 04:37 PM | #16
Um with recklessness my Sorc's TB hits for around 20k in pvp, with a 247 item level, 248 MH and OH. 12k sounds more like a crit lightning bolt.

fortyfivedollars
11.28.2017 , 04:43 PM | #17
Sorry but I don't believe you. Well actually with recklessness I can believe you, but I'm not talking about how hard TB hits when using a 1.5min cooldown.

Romeugues
11.28.2017 , 04:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by fortyfivedollars View Post
Sorry but I don't believe you.
I just checked your post history, this topic and your posts in it make a lot more sense in that context.

fortyfivedollars
11.28.2017 , 05:47 PM | #19
It's the Inquisitor buff. You won't hit for 18k against a PvP target who has the Inquisitor buff on without recklessness. You'll hit a training dummy all the time for 18k with TB, but not a PvP target.

fortyfivedollars
11.28.2017 , 06:30 PM | #20
Hmm so autocrits add all crit chance (not just Recklessness crit chance) to crit damage. That would finally explain how people claim to be getting 18k Thundering Blasts. That change happened in 4.0 and I was playing a Merc back then so autocrits weren't an issue for me.

Of course, it would've been simpler if someone had just told me that straight up.