Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it going to get better?

Xargas
11.05.2017 , 04:36 PM | #1
The question is simple, will it get better as a sorc in PvP survivability wise? Seeing how right now, mele and some range classes just eat through me like an ice cream I don't get why everyone want's a buff in damage, damage wouldn't be a problem if the protection was better, n not ability to take hits, just ability to avoid damage. Frequent readers might notice that I made a few posts before about survivability of this class, but then I started to wonder.... Will it always be like that? Or I'm just jumping into conclusions without learning to walk first?
http://www.swtor.com/r/TPMtD5 get seven days free with this referral link

KumbayaGOD
11.05.2017 , 08:47 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Xargas View Post
The question is simple, will it get better as a sorc in PvP survivability wise? Seeing how right now, mele and some range classes just eat through me like an ice cream I don't get why everyone want's a buff in damage, damage wouldn't be a problem if the protection was better, n not ability to take hits, just ability to avoid damage. Frequent readers might notice that I made a few posts before about survivability of this class, but then I started to wonder.... Will it always be like that? Or I'm just jumping into conclusions without learning to walk first?

in reg sorc is still better compare with pt , have self heals, bubble and phasewalk. You just need to basically hit and run and cant facetank enemies
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

RevorteX
11.06.2017 , 02:51 AM | #3
I have been calling out for buffs in SURVIVA|BILITY for months,damage is fine on the DPS scale,but as you see the result is not in our favor......
So I gave up.

Romeugues
11.06.2017 , 03:52 PM | #4
Lightning will be getting a slight defense buff in 5.6 via 5% DR when you have the dionized thing on you, so basically anytime you have your or another sorc's bubble on you.
But ya, as far as class balance for defense/survivabiltiy in PvP goes it's pretty crap, Juggs, PTs and Sorcs are bottom of the barrel, though we Sorcs can barrier so unless you get staggered nets it's possible to survive longer under focus fire, where as Jugg and PT Dcds can easily be bursted through, but after you use barrier you're pretty much dead, you can phase walk and heal up if you placed it correctly but you're still likely to be dead if they want you to be. Even with the nerfs to dcds Mercs will get in 5.6 they still will (probably) be far tankier than other classes, with Snipers being the closest.
With that in mind if I were in charge of class balance for dcds I would either gut all dcds for DPS specs so all of them quickly die under focus fire (which might not be a bad thing) or buff/change dcds so all of them survived longer and there weren't any classes or specs which easily outshined the others.

steveerkcanjerk
11.10.2017 , 06:19 PM | #5
The sorc/sage is perfectly fine. You are a ranged class if you get focused by 4 people you will die and should. You are supposed to kite and use LOS. You have phase walk, self heals, barrier to stop focus on you, and decent speed. A good sorc can run corners around another team and is perfectly fine in a 1v1. You should not compare it to sniper/merc dcds because those are overpowered and need to be nerfed. The class dishes out good dmg (usually get in the top 3 for dmg in both dps specs). You have teammates healers tanks etc who should be in wz with you. So even if you complain about 1v1 the game is not balanced around that. The class does just fine in nim raids and in ranked pvp. There are some really good sorcs/sage out there who understand this. You don't need a reflect, or shield stacks, or dcd resets just need to kite and los. On novare coast run around the bunker see the focus coming and plan for it.
the mandalorians will rise again, we will unite and make the galaxy bow.
choggun mandalorian sniper
dreadshots mandalorian mercanary

Hoppinswtor
11.12.2017 , 04:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by steveerkcanjerk View Post
The sorc/sage is perfectly fine. You are a ranged class if you get focused by 4 people you will die and should. You are supposed to kite and use LOS. You have phase walk, self heals, barrier to stop focus on you, and decent speed. A good sorc can run corners around another team and is perfectly fine in a 1v1. You should not compare it to sniper/merc dcds because those are overpowered and need to be nerfed. The class dishes out good dmg (usually get in the top 3 for dmg in both dps specs). You have teammates healers tanks etc who should be in wz with you. So even if you complain about 1v1 the game is not balanced around that. The class does just fine in nim raids and in ranked pvp. There are some really good sorcs/sage out there who understand this. You don't need a reflect, or shield stacks, or dcd resets just need to kite and los. On novare coast run around the bunker see the focus coming and plan for it.
this.
Hoppin, The Cutest Mercenary <Death Smile>
Hoppinator/Cutest Mercenary (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Hopperative (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)

Going
11.12.2017 , 10:22 PM | #7
It takes time and dedication to enjoy sorc/sage. When you get to that point, i would say it's very worth it. There once was a time where anyone could play sorc/sage, because of h2f bubble, and now with that being gone you have to use your brain more. Madness is stronger than what most think, and it's always been my favorite spec in the game.
The only thing i feel would be helpful would be to give the AOE size of Death Field back to us. Otherwise we ight.
Deceiving Believing - Going - Medsrus

Godlovesugly - Netsrus -Usabuildsufos

Fellow-Canadian
11.13.2017 , 01:24 AM | #8
You should play a dps sorc in PVP to have fun. If being competitive is important to you then you have to play another class, like a merc or a sniper who can deal more damage and survive better.
The Vale Legacy - The Harbinger
Exterminatos <(VG/PT)> Pycophants - Kanadaii <(SM/OP)> StabbyMcRoll
Broadsideofbarn <(CM/MC)> Beatanorexia
Tamahai <(SA/SO)> Psycophant

Going
11.13.2017 , 11:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellow-Canadian View Post
You should play a dps sorc in PVP to have fun. If being competitive is important to you then you have to play another class, like a merc or a sniper who can deal more damage and survive better.
You have to be a very competitive player to enjoy dps sorc, and if it's important to you keep at it, because once you start handling your own with it, you will have a lot of fun. You just need to know your place.
Deceiving Believing - Going - Medsrus

Godlovesugly - Netsrus -Usabuildsufos

Alvarius
11.17.2017 , 12:40 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by steveerkcanjerk View Post
The class does just fine in nim raids and in ranked pvp.
I have to disagree with the last part of this quote. It may be true for healers but with respect to dps sorcs, they are perhaps marginally better than dps pts or dps jugs but are far from "perfectly fine" in a ranked setting particularly with the overabundance of mercs currently. But I do agree that in regs they are decent.