Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ixum's Avatar


Ixum
08.21.2012 , 02:41 AM | #891
Finding it hard to come up with a reason why this is avoided like the plague by cms/devs.

I'd like to know if it's been scrapped (if its been scrapped, which seems likely) due to resources or is it not compatible with the lowest common denominator (f2p).
The Male Eyecandy thread!

Game of Ixum @ TUMBLR

Toyboy | Splashy | Thrilldrill | Spray | Lustus | Zwallow | Virilo | Hotgun of Nano @ TOFN
Fappo Red Arcadia EU @ The Progenitor

Wispr's Avatar


Wispr
08.21.2012 , 02:57 AM | #892
If they said that SGRA have been delayed along with other story content due to the sudden implementing of F2P, though I would be disappointed, I would most importantly be understanding. But this continuing silence is starting to make me feel we're being Joss by them instead.

Cubed_Art's Avatar


Cubed_Art
08.21.2012 , 03:28 AM | #893
Quote: Originally Posted by Wispr View Post
If they said that SGRA have been delayed along with other story content due to the sudden implementing of F2P, though I would be disappointed, I would most importantly be understanding. But this continuing silence is starting to make me feel we're being Joss by them instead.
I have no problem with it, but I don't think it's coming. I don't think they are going to pay all the necessary companion voice actors to come back and do those parts, any more than they are going to pay them to come back for a 4th chapter. At this point we'll be lucky to get substantive game-play content.
Hi.

PluckyDog's Avatar


PluckyDog
08.21.2012 , 04:12 AM | #894
I was just checking in to see if the same gender relationships have been added yet. Meh, guess not.

I have not played in about 5 months. I logged into the game a few months ago ... disappointed.

I don't understand how people think the devs need to bring back the voice actors for this "change"... This was something that was to happen on launch. The voices would have been done already.

This whole thing erks me. If it is not added by the end of the year, I'm done with the game (not like I'm playing it anyways). Not renewing my subscription. Yes, it is that important to me. I'm tired of this already.

SilentKitty's Avatar


SilentKitty
08.21.2012 , 04:42 AM | #895
Quote: Originally Posted by Wispr View Post
If they said that SGRA have been delayed along with other story content due to the sudden implementing of F2P, though I would be disappointed, I would most importantly be understanding. But this continuing silence is starting to make me feel we're being Joss by them instead.
A little info would be nice. I will be ok for as long as I have a new alt see the story for. Want to experience all the classes, and then my fav ones will be replayed with a female-female relationship in order to see something new. It is the story-part of this game that got me hooked personally. And I very much look forward to new companion-convos and a new story-arc. I would understand if it had been delayed for a bit, but it would be nice to know that.

I most often start a new bioware game playing a female protagonist with a male companion. But after a few runs through the game it is fun to explore a different romance-arc with a female companion to see something new. Loved FemWarden and Alistair in DA:O, but also enjoyed FemWarden and Leliana very much. Same goes for FemShep and Kaidan verses FemShep both Liara and Samantha Traynor. The moment we get new romance-arcs I will happily start a new character to experience it. But I'm lucky in the fact that I have plenty of classes to play until then, so I'm not stressed for it immediate implementation. Keeping all fingers crossed that there will be some info on it soon.

BumpBump's Avatar


BumpBump
08.21.2012 , 05:02 AM | #896
Wow what a shock, the largest thread in the whole of the forums still gets no response from BioEA. They have straight relationships but not GLB relationships, and they made that choice at the start. They could have done them both at the same time but they chose to do them seperately, as in NOY add GLB relationshisp but fish for sales by the promise of them being added "later" and then blaming the delays on how busy they are. WHat feature are MORE people waiting on than SGR's? Nothing. They are not going to add them they are going to wait for EA to be sold and hope the new bosses will tell them to can it.

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
08.21.2012 , 05:08 AM | #897
Quote: Originally Posted by Beans_of_steel View Post
i feel kinda bad, my repeated requests for different species choices feels kinda childish and stupid now.
No no, not at all. We should all get the chance to express a desire for new features to be implemented. That's what the forums are for.

Realistically nobody needs to visit the forums in order to play the game. We only come here for two reasons - communication and information. Currently, from the developers, we're not getting anything much of either - none of us are, no matter what our issues with the current game are.

One of the things that confuses me the most about vehement, vitriolic and venomous detractors of this matter, to be quite honest, is that they don't seem to comprehend that we're all in the same boat. We all have the same main problem of not getting enough information out of the developers.

Calls of 'shut up and get back in your box' seem utterly illogical to me, no matter what people think about the actual feature being requested, and seeing people demand SGRAs be given little to no attention because it's something 'only a loud minority wants' also stuns and sours me.

Statements like 'work on things everyone will enjoy' are totally erroneous. I won't enjoy any PvP-related feature they put in because I don't PvP and I greatly dislike even the chance of accidentally flagging by wandering too close to an enemy medical outpost (like I did on Hoth). But I still support the calls for more info on, and more implementation of, PvP options because I feel they deserve an answer, and because I want people to have things in this game that they'll enjoy even if I won't. And I find it disheartening that so very often doesn't work in reverse.

I think we should be working together on this, right across the board. I've considered making a new thread specifically on it but I don't really want to watch it dissolve into a hideous bout of bigoted ranting before getting trimmed and deleted. Currently I don't see Bioware giving people any real incentive to start new inquisitive and supportive threads.

But if everyone right across the forums started supporting each others' calls for information then no matter where the devs and community team members went they'd see the same thing - people calling for information and supporting each others' calls for information too. Calls for SGRA information, PvP information, new species information, space battles information and so on - it's not hard to ignore a few voices ina mad jumble but if everyone is saying the same thing there's no way they can fail to hear.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

MIkeBear's Avatar


MIkeBear
08.21.2012 , 08:49 AM | #898
Quote: Originally Posted by PluckyDog View Post
I was just checking in to see if the same gender relationships have been added yet. Meh, guess not.

I have not played in about 5 months. I logged into the game a few months ago ... disappointed.

I don't understand how people think the devs need to bring back the voice actors for this "change"... This was something that was to happen on launch. The voices would have been done already.

This whole thing erks me. If it is not added by the end of the year, I'm done with the game (not like I'm playing it anyways). Not renewing my subscription. Yes, it is that important to me. I'm tired of this already.
This is how I feel as well. Especially with TSW and GW2 being more LGBT inclusive. *sadness*

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
08.21.2012 , 09:03 AM | #899
I have used the "Report Post" button on the closure post to request that the thread on Genera Discussion be re-opened, for the reasons I raised here, and asked that the Community Team reconsider how this subject is restricted on this forum.

Do I expect any result? Not at all. I have learned from experience that the Community Team gives this subject no response, whether we post there and here. But I am going to make sure they know how I feel about that. Politely, of course.

Wispr's Avatar


Wispr
08.21.2012 , 10:28 AM | #900
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
I have used the "Report Post" button on the closure post to request that the thread on Genera Discussion be re-opened, for the reasons I raised here, and asked that the Community Team reconsider how this subject is restricted on this forum.

Do I expect any result? Not at all. I have learned from experience that the Community Team gives this subject no response, whether we post there and here. But I am going to make sure they know how I feel about that. Politely, of course.
For what it's worth best of luck!