Cybertech 700 Level Grenades in Onslaught

TheNevet

Why do you need new grenades? I think it's been stated before that the designers don't see a need for new grenades at every level.

because the last grenades that were made have not been set to scale up to level 75. They only scale up to level 65, don't do very much damage, and are fairly useless.

Edited by TheNevet

For all we know it was a deliberate decision, but whatever the reason, starting off by insulting people is rarely a good strategy for anything other than antagonising them.

Stupid, careless, harmful mistakes when developing a product to be sold by a business should receive a little insulting antagonization.

Stupid, careless, harmful mistakes when developing a product to be sold by a business should receive a little insulting antagonization.

It's not a mistake, it's intentional. They haven't introduced new grenades in years.

It'd be nice if they brought back reusables since they brought back reusable medpacs.

For all we know it was a deliberate decision, but whatever the reason, starting off by insulting people is rarely a good strategy for anything other than antagonising them.

come on steve, you're a cynic, you know that in this situation there is no good strategy, because it ain't getting done

Let me try to respond without triggering the forum police. 🤩

It seems to be only your wildly misguided opinion that this is stupid, or careless, or harmful.

Just because you disagree with some decisions, doesn't make those decisions automatically "bad".

• 5 months later...

- - -

Hi I am new (returning player), = I am clueless about the endgame and gear and content situation - and looking to perhaps choose cybertech, and found this rather new topic via search.

Are these grenades still useless on max level? (despite their stun, I don't plan to pvp at the moment, I did back then though) = Did they really not scale the crafts to max level? It's hard to imagine they would not scale gear and crafts... But here I read it.

From what I understand they are supposed to deal damage , too (I mean there are some that just do damage, duh and it would be weird to "lose" that abillity later on, duh, people want their things to get stronger and not weaker=scale), and it makes sense a grenade = bomb does damage, so not scaling to the highest level seems like a big overlook compared with other professions. (not everyone uses them for stun)

(If that was for any reason intentional, a good design team would remove damage on all grenades, to not confuse players in the gear progression... and what to expect from a profession based on what they see early)

It's hard to find information about this at all, let alone a list of grenades crafts on the internet.

Any updates? Any info? Thank you.

- - -

It's not a mistake, it's intentional. They haven't introduced new grenades in years.

It'd be nice if they brought back reusables since they brought back reusable medpacs.

Disagree - I can support the other site, look at my signature, that topic is from 2011 (btw: I put this into my signature back then, not today..). Yet today I still meet part of that bug after not much playtime as a returning player at all, some things they just don't touch, don't care about, what ever you want to call it. Stuff not scaling or stuff not being fixed that's obviously broken you can't call intentional. :rolleyes:

(and yes, even if not in everyone's eyes that just shows that it is still broken because the dev doesn't make it obvious...referring to talk with thenevet)

Let me ask you , as probably being on the stun-side, how would you think about grenades stunning all the way that you used your profession, but at level 75 you couldn't use the stun grenades anymore (as in a max level requirement of the targets being affected by cc.. what ever mechanic you can come up with, there is sides)?

Right, probably broken.

Edited by HottesIce

I think the benefit of the grenades is more in their utility as another CC, than in the damage they do, and I feel like that's been the case all along with 'nades even when they were re-usable. I only ever used the Seismic for the knockdown CC, or the Pyro for just more AoE. Edited by phalczen

I agree. If they brought back reusable medpacs and adrenals, why can't I have my reusable grenades back?

I'm guessing the devs thought "Oh, since content is scaled down to 70, we don't need level 75 grenades." But they forgot about pvp and dxun. Sure the grenades still work in those areas, but they do very little damage and strictly used for the mezz (seismic). Once upon a time, pyro grenades were somewhat useful.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Are these grenades still useless on max level? (despite their stun, I don't plan to pvp at the moment, I did back then though) = Did they really not scale the crafts to max level? It's hard to imagine they would not scale gear and crafts... But here I read it.

They are "useless" (note quotes) rather than being actually useless.

There's a slice of players (and this affects all MMORPGs) who declare as "useless" everything that isn't the actual toppest of the top that it could possibly be. (Sometimes, it feels like they are saying "X that does ten thousand damage was the bees' knees, but now Y does ten thousand and one damage, so X is completely useless".)

So the old toppest grenades are "useless" because (they say) there "should" have been an even more toppest grenade released, and that more toppest grenade would have been stronger than the old toppest one (but just by a few points of damage), even though everything about the older one is exactly the same as before.

The level 65 grenades (Grade 9) are still useful.

Use the slow, freeze, stun grenades in PVP in a coordinated fashion, they do their job.

For PVE, I recommend using the Pyro grenade only for the following:

1. Tanks looking for a little extra DPS on mobs in groups of 4-8. Not much, but better than nothing.

2. DOT spread AOE dps such as a Hatred Sin for mobs of 4-8.

I use 'em in combination with Death Field, Creeping Terror and Discharge followed by a couple Lacerates to spread. That's spreading 4 dots at once.

Then it's back to picking single targets.

The cool down time sucks, but it's what it is.

=8-)

Edited by orig_mrrabbit

For PVE, I recommend using the Pyro grenade only for the following:

Also very good for killing the Tree Animals* on Makeb for the cheevo, for any class that doesn't have a fire type weapon.

*had a brain fart, can't remember the bloody name...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

I think the benefit of the grenades is more in their utility as another CC, than in the damage they do, and I feel like that's been the case all along with 'nades even when they were re-usable. I only ever used the Seismic for the knockdown CC, or the Pyro for just more AoE.

Disagree - I can support the other site, look at my signature, that topic is from 2011 (btw: I put this into my signature back then, not today..). Yet today I still meet part of that bug after not much playtime as a returning player at all, some things they just don't touch, don't care about, what ever you want to call it. Stuff not scaling or stuff not being fixed that's obviously broken you can't call intentional. :rolleyes:

(and yes, even if not in everyone's eyes that just shows that it is still broken because the dev doesn't make it obvious...referring to talk with thenevet)

Let me ask you , as probably being on the stun-side, how would you think about grenades stunning all the way that you used your profession, but at level 75 you couldn't use the stun grenades anymore (as in a max level requirement of the targets being affected by cc.. what ever mechanic you can come up with, there is sides)?

Right, probably broken.

They are "useless" (note quotes) rather than being actually useless.

There's a slice of players (and this affects all MMORPGs) who declare as "useless" everything that isn't the actual toppest of the top that it could possibly be. (Sometimes, it feels like they are saying "X that does ten thousand damage was the bees' knees, but now Y does ten thousand and one damage, so X is completely useless".)

So the old toppest grenades are "useless" because (they say) there "should" have been an even more toppest grenade released, and that more toppest grenade would have been stronger than the old toppest one (but just by a few points of damage), even though everything about the older one is exactly the same as before.

From what I understand they are supposed to deal damage , too (I mean there are some that just do damage, duh and it would be weird to "lose" that abillity later on, duh, people want their things to get stronger and not weaker=scale), and it makes sense a grenade = bomb does damage, so not scaling to the highest level seems like a big overlook compared with other professions. (not everyone uses them for stun)

(If that was for any reason intentional, a good design team would remove damage on all grenades, to not confuse players in the gear progression... and what to expect from a profession based on what they see early)

Edited by HottesIce