Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Three cheers for Stephen Reid.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Three cheers for Stephen Reid.

salzoris
12.16.2011 , 04:32 PM | #11
No matter what he is doing a good job, but don't get fooled he is getting paid well for this.

My only concern is they are folding to the qq'ers about not getting early access surely this should have been done slower, practically everyone up to the pre orders in the last week are in.

Now because of this they are seeing queue times of up to 2 hours plus and people having to wait 5 hours to log into a game because they are getting disconnected.

This should be there main priority not trying to get more people onto over crowded servers.

Gunkabilly
12.16.2011 , 04:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DeathStarPlumber View Post
I need to know how much he makes before i shed any tears for all the angry internet posts he has to deal with. Boo hoo.....
He works at a game company, I'm pretty sure he's the 99%. Most of the folks I've met in the industry get a lot of perks, but not mind-blowing salary.

But no amount of money in the world would convince me to endure on a daily basis what these people have been putting him through, really.

Anthonytats
12.16.2011 , 04:35 PM | #13
Woah woah woah...
What?

His response to the server queues and servers being FULL on all is basically.
"Reroll to another server"

And ive been part of MMO Launches before and i do know queues are part of this BUT most companies (Including Blizzard who i find useless) do say something about the queues and what they are doing to help etc.
So far all we've had is "Start on another server to avoid queues" when its impossible.

BW Folded quicker than a tower of cards in a hurricane.
Their Staggered launch was working perfectly and then they decided after all the moaning by the community to just get every preorder in and Boom. No more game because of the EXACT reason they were avoiding by doing a staggered launch.

They should have stuck it out and had faith in their plans.
Instead they crumpled.
The game OVERALL is brilliant. And i totally get that they didnt "Have" to give anyone early access but COME ON.

Esresro
12.16.2011 , 04:56 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Anthonytats View Post
Woah woah woah...
What?

His response to the server queues and servers being FULL on all is basically.
"Reroll to another server"

And ive been part of MMO Launches before and i do know queues are part of this BUT most companies (Including Blizzard who i find useless) do say something about the queues and what they are doing to help etc.
So far all we've had is "Start on another server to avoid queues" when its impossible.

BW Folded quicker than a tower of cards in a hurricane.
Their Staggered launch was working perfectly and then they decided after all the moaning by the community to just get every preorder in and Boom. No more game because of the EXACT reason they were avoiding by doing a staggered launch.

They should have stuck it out and had faith in their plans.
Instead they crumpled.
The game OVERALL is brilliant. And i totally get that they didnt "Have" to give anyone early access but COME ON.
Yeah, they have have hired you. BW will rue this day

DarkZeron
12.16.2011 , 04:58 PM | #15
I find David Bass alot more helpful though.
You have failed me for the last time Admiral Bioware!

emartell
12.16.2011 , 05:05 PM | #16
I like SR. He puts up with a lot but seems to still have a sense of humor with it. Its a tough job being the face of the evil game company that won't let people in even tho they explained everything clear enough that a monkey could understand.

Chomag
12.16.2011 , 05:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Esresro View Post
The man has hardly had any time off for months and has been working hard on THE biggest MMO launch ever. If you follow him on twitter you may have noticed how active he is in replying and staying a true pro dispite a few very abusive tweets from impatient gamers.

Dispite all the complaining on the forums you have to hand it to the BW team for doing so well in such uncharted territory.
He's a beginner in dealing with the public, that's why he's so open and friendly. Give him some time, he'll turn just as bitter as anyone whoever dealt with the public for long.
Hard mode: Play Republic
Nightmare mode: Play Republic on a pvp server
Are you man enough for the challenge ? Aunt Satele wants YOU.
Republic. No kids allowed.

TheHauntingBard
12.16.2011 , 05:09 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
He's a beginner in dealing with the public, that's why he's so open and friendly. Give him some time, he'll turn just as bitter as anyone whoever dealt with the public for long.
Haha so true, the more he tweets the faster he turns to the dark side.
Stephen Reid - 9:02a.m. - January 11th 2012 - because in reality, there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug.

Anthonytats
12.16.2011 , 05:09 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Esresro View Post
Yeah, they have have hired you. BW will rue this day
To be quite honest.
I have a vision of SR just sat on his twitter, eating some crisps/chips (Depending on country), laughing at others misery whilst watching Star Trek.

Everyone can talk about how he is the "Public face" and putting up with **** all day long but the fact remains that answer he gave to the question from a lot of players who pay his wages about the biggest concern ATM was.
"Reroll to a server that isnt so full."

Im not going to start Prt Scr the servers because you can check for yourself but which ones arent so full? /facepalm.

GraunKrynn
12.16.2011 , 05:10 PM | #20
Yes kudos to Stephen Reid. Thank you sir for your hard work, compassion, feedback and support. I hope you get some rest soon, my friend!