So yea Bioware

Cuddlyhoney

"We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum" - Bioware

Stunning Open world pvp yea?

Most experienced pvp developers yea ?

Why even comment on this? The groundwork's there and seems to be layed out well, we'll see in a few months if Ilum is well designed or not. Do you really expect the majority of the server population to be capped and ready to grind the pvp end-game just yet? Not every player is a 16 year old without commitments during holidays and workdays, not every player has finished leveling up and enjoying the storyline.

Why even comment on this? The groundwork's there and seems to be layed out well, we'll see in a few months if Ilum is well designed or not. Do you really expect the majority of the server population to be capped and ready to grind the pvp end-game just yet? Not every player is a 16 year old without commitments during holidays and workdays, not every player has finished leveling up and enjoying the storyline.

So why does even pre=50 world pvp and WZ's stink?

hes got the only point that needs to be understood, and he has the same avatar as me so thats another +1.

simply not enough people ready to pvp when they're busy questing with the awsome storyline, give it time. ilum is a great setup, the battlefield there with the constant walker battles is a GREAT base for awsome world pvp, just give it a while.

If Ilum was well designed then why aren't more people engaging in PvP there rather than warzones? Why are people simply trading points instead of I don't know... fighting over them? Oh yeah it's quicker and easier to get gear by working with the enemy than fighting the enemy.

If Ilum was well designed then why aren't more people engaging in PvP there rather than warzones? Why are people simply trading points instead of I don't know... fighting over them? Oh yeah it's quicker and easier to get gear by working with the enemy than fighting the enemy.

sigh, because, like i said, the LARGE MAJORITY of the population IS NOT lvl 50, thus the low population on illum and the lack of world pvp. that is why i said "give it a while".

Waiting won't change anything unless THEY FINALLY ADD REWARDS TO WORLD PvP KILLS and improve the whole objectives ting by perhaps adding some more stuff that isn't so easily exploitable and actually: doesn't encourage people to exploit it. Cause now by design people are forced to pass objectives R->SE->R->SE->R->SE and so in endless loop. There's no point in winning, holding the objective and scoring kills. Whole ilum could work equally well if people would run naked without guns.

Map design is cool. PvP concept made by so-called pvp experts is flawed to the point where I think some kid from highschool was an author of it.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

waiting will change everything. Once the lvl 50 population goes up in a few weeks, illum will be filled with new fighters and battle will take place, and winning WILL mean rewards as taking down walkers yield the daily and weekly. That many people wont "cooperate" to use exploits to get gear, its just going on at the moment because of the lack of 50s.

Ilum will not be a good pvp zone because it's a zone filled with freaking npcs! Look, you wow-kiddies, mixing PvE and PvP is BAD and should be avoided at all times. However, Mythic decided that they would fire everyone with a brain (ie the people behind Daoc) and hire retarded apes (ie the people behind WAR) and then EA decided that BW needed these geniuses to help out with "pvp" in Swtor...

...and we got the laggiest piece of crap excuse for pvp in any mmo, ever. Warzones (instanced, tiny arenas with a handful of people) lag like crazy, "open world pvp" is a zone with pve-questing and npcs all over.

Hey, guess what: DAOC WAS GOOD, THIS ISN'T!

Planetside 2: talking about 1000 vs 1000 battles

Swtor: can't make 8 vs 8 not lag like crazy.

*golfclap*

waiting will change everything. Once the lvl 50 population goes up in a few weeks, illum will be filled with new fighters and battle will take place, and winning WILL mean rewards as taking down walkers yield the daily and weekly. That many people wont "cooperate" to use exploits to get gear, its just going on at the moment because of the lack of 50s.

I don't think you have realized yet how pointless ilum is. Even if the whole community was 50, there's no reason to fight because there is no reward/point to do it. it's faster to trade nods and move on