Scoundrel/Operative - Why wait until warzones are completely ruined?

spaceball_

Bioware needs to fix this broken class immediately, not wait until 75% of the players in warzones are these 2 classes, and that WILL happen. I've given up trying to actually play pvp in this game, I just show up in the WZ and shoot at people waiting to be insta-gibbed by these completely broken classes, and this is only the beginning.

This should be a huge priority for BW because this WILL cost them subscriptions. I know I cancelled my sub due to WZs being basically unplayable because of simply not being able to play if either of these 2 classes is present.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware needs to fix this broken class immediately, not wait until 75% of the players in warzones are these 2 classes, and that WILL happen. I've given up trying to actually play pvp in this game, I just show up in the WZ and shoot at people waiting to be insta-gibbed by these completely broken classes, and this is only the beginning.

This should be a huge priority for BW because this WILL cost them subscriptions. I know I cancelled my sub due to WZs being basically unplayable because of simply not being able to play if either of these 2 classes is present.

For a fix see my post called Nerf Everyone! It's called LTP. Live it, Learn it!

I'm rolling mine right now! I need to knife people and then stealth afterwards because I can't handle myself in front of a person one on one sans stealth.

The grass is not greener as you will see. The class is good, not going to lie. It is also pretty fun to play.

The nerf calls here are from bad players that don't know what a counter in PvP is. Also the class is a real one trick pony, it is just that the trick it has really makes people mad. They freak out when hit from stealth and stand there like a deer in headlights until dead.

The grass is not greener as you will see. The class is good, not going to lie. It is also pretty fun to play.

The nerf calls here are from bad players that don't know what a counter in PvP is. Also the class is a real one trick pony, it is just that the trick it has really makes people mad. They freak out when hit from stealth and stand there like a deer in headlights until dead.

I was kidding...I have one :D And it is OP, myself and another operative had a guy perma stunned until he died 10 seconds later just from us knifing :p

Operative/Scoundrel players that posted above, thanks for reminding me why MMO forums are completely useless.

And I don't want to put out ideas that are going to be ignored by the devs on how to fix them. I just know they shouldn't be killing 3-4 players completely solo and anyone who says that isn't broken I don't want to hear from.

I think the problem is lag more than anything. If you are lagging, you may not see the first hit until you are dead/almost dead.

In the rare instances when warzones are running smoothly, they are fun to fight against and make the matches much more interesting than having all sorcs running around, but the way things usually are now, it does sometimes feel like they insta kill you.

Operative/Scoundrel players that posted above, thanks for reminding me why MMO forums are completely useless.

And I don't want to put out ideas that are going to be ignored by the devs on how to fix them. I just know they shouldn't be killing 3-4 players completely solo and anyone who says that isn't broken I don't want to hear from.

You mean, they shouldn't be killing players in 3-4 separate 1v1 situations? Because they can't win a 2v1, let alone 3-4v1.

I agree with OP. These classes are completely broken.

The fundamental problem with these classes are their ability to CC and stealth from combat, and in the healer's case, crit heal and cc until the reinforcements arrive.Warzones aside, I find that scoundrel and operative are mostly PVP focused classes, and even in world PVP, they manage to evade or outheal 1v1. In order to fix this, I propose we turn all the existing scoundrels and operatives into jellyfish, and then follow up by turning all the Vanguards and Powertechs into kangaroos. Furthermore I find it imperative that we take all force powers away from sorcs/sages, and instead of lightsabers, equip them all with large plantains and complementary movie tickets to see "Big Mama's House."

Edited by FredTheBeard

The fundamental problem with these classes are their ability to CC and stealth from combat, and in the healer's case, crit heal and cc until the reinforcements arrive.Warzones aside, I find that scoundrel and operative are mostly PVP focused classes, and even in world PVP, they manage to evade or outheal 1v1. In order to fix this, I propose we turn all the existing scoundrels and operatives into jellyfish, and then follow up by turning all the Vanguards and Powertechs into kangaroos. Furthermore I find it imperative that we take all force powers away from sorcs/sages, and instead of lightsabers, equip them all with large plantains and complementary movie tickets to see "Big Mama's House."

I freaking loved Big Mama's House.

I'm rolling mine right now! I need to knife people and then stealth afterwards because I can't handle myself in front of a person one on one sans stealth.

I have an operative and rolling a tank or healer class, awaiting you :D

Edited by BobaFurz

To the OP get 50 first then talk.

Scoundrel/Operatives are fine,most classes if speced right can do 5k+ crits and kill low levels.

When a knife spec Opt does his little combo on my Guard he does 10% dmg to me,then he die.

Lol i was never insta gibbed sept when i was low lvl but once u get high lvl with decent gear u wont be gibbed and most will run away if op/scoun dont have good burst there screwed and there opener fills your reslove bar lol

Reading these posts it seems that people have forgotten how some MMOs are supposed to work. Certain classes have certain roles. They have strengths and weaknesses. It just so happens that concealment specced Operatives are geared towards 1v1 combat/ganking casters/healers. Other classes are better suited at other things. In a crowd, if someone picks out the Operative, he's going to die, no question, because once we're in there, survivability is low.

As far as I'm concerned, I do very well in battlegrounds. I usually end up top 3 in damage and kills and bottom 3 in deaths, because I pick my fights. It's a playstyle some people may not like, but it works with the role. However, I regularly get beaten by a host of classes, from Marauders to both kinds of Bounty Hunters, because once they have a pocket healer, they don't need to pick their fights, they can mix it up with anyone in the open field.

Yes, getting ganked is frustrating, but it doesn't mean the class ganking you is OP. Next time, think about what you're doing wrong and how to get out of it alive. I get trouble from all classes who are played by a character who clearly knows his abilities.

Yes, getting ganked is frustrating, but it doesn't mean the class ganking you is OP. Next time, think about what you're doing wrong and how to get out of it alive. I get trouble from all classes who are played by a character who clearly knows his abilities.

So how do you avoid being killed while stun locked? I can't seem to control my character.

If 75% percent went dps operative, they would lose against any decent premade with a better spread of classes.

Operatives may put out the big numbers, but they are pretty crap when it comes to objective play.

Unfortunately, they can get more valor, medals and commendations from farming kills than objective play most of the time.

Operative/Scoundrel is fine. They do a lot of burst damage because that is their role. Why should X suffer a nerf because Y does not know how to play correctly. They are strong in dealing burst damage because that's what the class was designed to do. The sustained damage is minimal. The only problem I can foresee with this spec is their healing. They may need to have healing toned down a bit when choosing a DPS spec, but that's a judgement I am going to put off until I complete my PvP set and get more experience against this spec as well as others.

I agree. There's a clear cut Rock Paper Scissors mechanic here. Rock being Knights and Troopers, Scissors being Smuggles and Counselors, a Paper being the the poor noobs that can't figure out how to play their class.

Rock beats Scissors, and Scissors avoids Rock and ganks Paper. Paper, meanwhile sits still and complains on the forums that Scissors is broken and that they don't know how to beat Rock.

There's a simple enough solution to this: Learn to play or develop some hand eye coordination.

Edited by Gremlyn

So how do you avoid being killed while stun locked? I can't seem to control my character.

Every class has an ability to break CC which is on a 2 minute timer. Every class also has some form of CC. Figure out what your best move is based on the situation.

No such thing from a Scoundrel / OP. Our opening shot / stab will fill your resolve bar and after that 3 sec stun you cannot be stunned again for 8 sec.