Confirmed?

helpmewin

Why flame burst = rapid shots dmg? My pyro spec is very surprised, coz this ability is so stronk.

They seem to be quite similar in damage output if you look at the tooltip:

• Rapid Shots = 2537 - 3143 [energy]
  • Flame Burst = 2961 - 3140 [elemental]

First to notice is that the lower end of the damage range for Flame Burst is higher and second is that the type of damage is not the same. Elemental damage is "harder" to absorb/mitigate/reduce then energy damage, therefore Flame Burst is better in terms of damage output.

Quick test on a Operations Training Dummy (with Armor Reduction on it) shows for my powertech that I do around 2.6k damage with Rapid Shots and 4.4k damage with Flame Burst per activation. Your damage may vary but overall Flame Burst is way better then Rapid Shots.

Elemental/Internal doesn't deal with damage reduction except vs players or obvious shields that PVE mobs use.

It says 2k you get 2k.

Default attacks are Energy/Physical and on everything except the weakest underlevelled mobs they get weakened by armour.

Armour values vary but you can lose 1/3 of the damage just to armour mitigation.

As a general rule Elemental/Internal will be a Tech/Force attack and as such will by default always hit a player or non-boss mob.

Default attacks however are Ranged/Melee which everything by default has 5-10% dodge chance against and you need 110% accuracy in PVE to counter this. No one runs 110 in PVP so these kinds of attacks have chances of missing.

Edited by Gyronamics