Please don't put the event * there *

Tachenko_Yuri

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Strange animal attacks have been reported by soldiers serving on Alderaan. An investigation is currently underway.

Supposing that this is about what I think it is:

The planet, as a levelling waypoint is already something people already try get out of as quickly as possible.

Massive numbers of players going there for the event, massive planet and lots of instances, plus even more loading time for the event new stuff? Not something that should've been done on alderaan imo

Wasn't around at all for the first rakghoul event, but heard is was nice.

Having to put up with massive loading times and mostly likely a long taxi hike to get there, just put a massive dent in it imo.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first Rakghoul event started out on Tatooine, which is also a "leveling" planet. It turned out fine. It'll be fine on Alderaan too.

Whilst Tatooine is big, it isn't as big as Alderaan and to an extent is far easier to travel around than Alderaan. The key point I think the OP was making was purely due to loading times. Alderaan is one of the biggest of them all and as such the concern is it being made longer due to more people being there and more stuff there.

I guess we'll find out when it is released whether that is true or not as there is no chance of them changing its location now as I imagine they've been working on it a fair while.

The key point I think the OP was making was purely due to loading times. Alderaan is one of the biggest of them all and as such the concern is it being made longer due to more people being there and more stuff there.

pretty much, yes. along with some massive taxi hike after actually getting the planet loaded up :D

Lower spec machines are so going to (not) enjoy this. I'm not one of those, inb4 " get a better machine blablabla ".

The planet, as a levelling waypoint is already something people already try get out of as quickly as possible.

Where would they put it exactly, that is appropriate for non-level capped players to access it? Fleet? :rolleyes:

Massive numbers of players going there for the event, massive planet and lots of instances, plus even more loading time for the event new stuff? Not something that should've been done on alderaan imo

They did the Tauntaun event on Hoth, and it worked quite well. So I disagree with your opinion.

Having to put up with massive loading times and mostly likely a long taxi hike to get there, just put a massive dent in it imo.

OIC... this is about it being placed convenient for you to get to in 10 seconds from Fleet? OK then. :)

Edited by Andryah

Ah... but much remains to be explored on Alderaan by many. I have the luxury of a good machine so I don't worry about load times or graphics so, maybe I'm a little selfish, but to be honest, Ald is beautiful and there is plenty of room to make a huge event like the Rak event was on Tat.

Don't forget, last time, even included a planet wide scavenger hunt which did involve find ways into the opposite faction areas. It really showed off Tat and all the nooks and crannys. I think that would be great for Alderann. Might even find a few more Orokeet nests or something like them.

Lower spec machines are so going to (not) enjoy this. I'm not one of those, inb4 " get a better machine blablabla ".

Anyone that did not have issues with prior events on the various planets (yes.. they put events out on planets for the most part), is not going to have issues with this.

And if they handle the planet shards or instances correctly it won't be that bad at all. Makeb is a graphics heavy place and yet at launch I don't remember huge issues as hundreds descended on that place. Edited by Rafaman

I wouldn't mind going back to Aldaraan.

Honestly, they spent so much time on these planets and when you get to 50 you have have no reason ever to go back there. That is a major failing of the game so I like the idea of new content in them.

I'd love an excuse to visit Balmorra too but I doubt that will happen.

- Arcada

I really hate Alderaan too. It's slow-loading, it has incredibly slow and annoying "taxi service", the music is dull and it takes forever to get anywhere no matter how you travel...

Ah well. I'll clench my teeth and just get on with it if this one is as fun as the last was. A well-made event can make any planet fun.

Since you asked nicely I'm sure they will now cancel the event and change around their whole production schedule to totally redo the work they have already done and move it to a new planet some months in the future.

Now that's service!

- Arcada