HM Lost Island

Bioware nailed the difficulty lots of fun and very challenging. The real problem and the true shame of it however is that in all likelihood it may become the least played FP on HM of them all.

Why? Simply put if you have to be in full Columi or near full Columi to have a reasonable chance at success then the rewards do not match the difficulty.

People will run it once or twice to say they did it and then it will collect dust. I am not suggesting that Bioware add Rakata drops on every boss but there probably needs to be a reason for people to go back in there more than once or twice. You can now crit craft a better MH than the Columi one that drops in there and after you have the Rakata chest there is no reason to go back save for helping guildies/friends get theirs. (Assuming of course you do not already have yours from SOA)

So why not spice it up with random non-set boss drops that are somewhere between Columi and Rakata or perhaps have the bosses drop Black Hole comms?

Its a great FP ( I want them tough like this) but with the preponderance of Columi floating around atm the place may not see much replay time. Just sayin.

My only problem with HMLI so far is that the first fight seems to be tuned in such a way that it's damn near impossible for an all-melee group to have any chance of completing it. Ground AoE damage EVERYWHERE.

Other than that, though, I feel like the FP is mostly intended to be an alternate way to get a rakata chets piece since HM Soa can be so damn buggy.

Edited by murshawursha

Every other HM flashpoint drops one piece of columi and no Rakata. LI drops columi on every boss except the last one, which drops Rakata. The fact that it even drops Rakata means it's supposed to be a step above Story Mode Operations as well.

If anything, I think it will be run MORE than other HMs because currently, none of the other HMs besides maybe BT are worth running for the time investment. Who wants to get a group of four people and spend 1-2 hours in order to get one Columi piece to divide among the four people when running SM Operation nets you 10 Columi pieces for 8 people?

My only problem with HMLI so far is that the first fight seems to be tuned in such a way that it's damn near impossible for an all-melee group to have any chance of completing it. Ground AoE damage EVERYWHERE.

Other than that, though, I feel like the FP is mostly intended to be an alternate way to get a rakata chets piece since HM Soa can be so damn buggy.

While an all melee group is not recommended, it certainly isn't "damn near impossible." It simply requires different strategies. It can be done -- it just requires some forethought.