A Long Forgotten Evil

Seipherwood

How in the world are you suppose to beat the Avatar of Sel-Makor? He just destroys me in under 10 seconds, this isnt even labeled as a group quest.

Every other end planet mission has been soloable, i dont see how this one is, unless your 50 or something. he nukes for 4-6k, massive aoe force chokes, big aoe.

Anyone have tips on beating him or something? Its annoying leaving something un-finished.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kept dying at 1% on this fight over and over.

The fight is 100% about using your cooldowns in the right order and having the best companion out for your playstyle.

I believe I tried this mission at level 42 and failed at 1% many, many times and had to come back when I hit 43. I'm a Sith Juggernaut Immortal so I had lots of defensive cooldowns & interrupts.

This was by far the hardest fight until the final encounter with Lord Draagh which I defeated through a lot of kiting and the use of an undergeared Malavai Quinn at level 47. (A tactic I also used for one of the phases of the Darth Baras fight.)

But on to some useful information:

Your companion will more than likely die on this encounter if you do not toggle passive on to move the companion out of the AoE effects.

You need to prioritize your interrupts - Interrupt the abilities that are really affecting you the most, maybe let some of the other ones go. And remember that stuns, cc, interrupts, pushbacks & pulls will all act as interrupts. I can't remember if this mob is immune to CC or not, but as a Sith Juggernaut at max level, the Intimidating Roar (AoE fear) we get is quite amazing as an interrupt (especially as an AoE interrupt). I'm sure other classes get similar abilities they can use as pseudo-interrupts.

I did this fight with a melee companion - probably the worst choice, but it was the only one I had geared. You may find that a healer companion with smart use of toggling passive on & off may be the best bet for this fight.

im freakin raging now. im dying at this idiot like about nearly an hour. trying to kill him.

marauder 47 here.

edit: FINALLY! just run around the things there, so he cant see u and always do a bit of dmg.

Edited by Adanus

They need to tweak this encounter. Its not really a 2 man because when I finally was able to run it with a second person the encounter was insanely easy. I can say however as hard as it is for you tanks at least you can do the LOS tricks..try doing it as a healing spec operative, if you hold the hate your a corpse, if your companion holds the hate you cant use LOS. For those operatives out there looking for help, use your interrupts on embrace, not affliction.

I am Marauder near 49 lvl and using Malavar. I cant beat him, wasted like 60k on repairs already. This guy Force Chokes you, while creating AOE righ under you, throws some dark energy which takes like half of your health, and he uses Force Lightning like Psionic Storm from Starcraft 1. There is no way to interrupt even half of it thanks to cooldown. And healing can't overweight the damage all the time to take away his 28k, since you can't stay on one place.

I know how this guy works now. He using a deadly consequence od actions:

1. Force Choke you and your companion. (Thus no healing)

2. At the same time open AOE right under you.

3. After Force Choke - summon Lightning and blast you with dark energy.

When this cycle happens 1 time, you save yourself by your unstun ability and a medpack + you had almost full hp before.

When 2 times come - everything is on cooldown, and your health is not that great. If you are

lucky, the blast (stage 3) will kill you. If you are not, Force Choke will.

I tried not to let him use the Choke, but it seems he will use it anyway.

Edited by Gelious

During my rise to Darth (lvl 50) there has been two final bosses I couldnt defeat solo.

Avatar of Sel-Makor is one, the Colicoid broodmaster was the other. Colicoid I propably might have pulled off solo if I had a new chance (I just had a chance to call help so I took it without trying to grind it out), but avatar was ridiculously overpowered.

I tried him at equal level, Xalek died in roughly 2.2 seconds, went from full to zero faster than dark infusion activates pretty much. Interrupt him? Sure, but he has more crazy stuff than I have cooldowns for. I think he did CC at roughly 10 second intervals. Not enough time to heal, only one unbreakable will to get out of CC and you die if you dont, etc. I think this mission needs to be made a heroic 2+ or the boss toned down. I had to call a +2 level friend to tank which made it easy, but solo it was damn near impossible for my sorc.

Its propably ok-ish if you just tone down his damage output slightly.

Edited by Karkais

Tried it as Sniper at 47, unbeatable. Went to Corellia, leveled up a bit. Came back at 49, still unbeatable. Found a friend.

This was the only soloable enemy that I couldn't beat solo.

Pretty much the same for me. The funny this is, with two people he goes down like a wet paper bag.

Voss was a stupidly hard planet to solo on though.

If you just use the LOS trick around the pillars right next to the stairs (that's the entrance to the platform he's standing on) you can kill him with literally no dmg done to you. I'm a powertech bounty hunter and I just LOSed him around one pillar while just doing dmg when he wasn't casting anything, and when he puts down his aoe, just run to the other pillar, just as long as you prioritize LOSing his casts before you do dmg, you should be able to drop him pretty easily. Oh, and keep by using your basic attack or something since you don't really want him killing your companion. I used the healing one to keep my health topped off if I ever got hit with something random.

If you just use the LOS trick around the pillars right next to the stairs (that's the entrance to the platform he's standing on) you can kill him with literally no dmg done to you. I'm a powertech bounty hunter and I just LOSed him around one pillar while just doing dmg when he wasn't casting anything, and when he puts down his aoe, just run to the other pillar, just as long as you prioritize LOSing his casts before you do dmg, you should be able to drop him pretty easily. Oh, and keep by using your basic attack or something since you don't really want him killing your companion. I used the healing one to keep my health topped off if I ever got hit with something random.

I actually completed it without the use of pillars as a Medic-specced Operative...just kited and used ranged attacks. I'd stun him and heal up every so often, but as long as you stay on the run you'll outlast him. My companion died pretty early on due to his AoE attack, but I managed decently on my own.

Granted, I think LoS'ing with the pillars will save you some grief if you don't have many heals, but this quest is do-able solo.

They really need to rebalance this fight, you shouldn't have to resort to what is basically an exploit (hiding behind pillars from a target too stupid to understand what you're doing) in order to complete the battle.

This guy is so far above the ability curve for just about everyone it's pretty ridiculous and it's coupled with the fact that he's not a HEROIC so it's not a shareable quest and so it's difficult to get someone to help you.

At the very least, his stun shouldn't take out both you and your companion, that's honestly been the toughest part of this fight - why does my stun have a 90s cooldown but he can use his every 30s AND have it hit two targets, one standing next to him and another standing 30m away?

Even with my Heroic ability activated, I still never stood a chance, only got him down to about 20% at best and couldn't get any help from anyone else in the zone to take him down.

Just died a lot on this quest and also could not get help tried LoS but he can apparently force choke you without los and then drop aoe while you're cc'd. lv 47 vengeance jugg+ 67 people on voss= nobody even responded to my pleas for help just acted like they never saw them. so gonna have to go with this quest is fight club.

Edit completed it with los with quinn and hit and run tactics when he would get close hit with sunder and run then when had rage used impale and scream and ran took a while and quinn died.

Edited by havok_bloodcraft

I am Marauder near 49 lvl and using Malavar. I cant beat him, wasted like 60k on repairs already.

This is seriously the saddest thing ive ever heard.......

First off, this fight is 110% about INTERUPTING.......not your cooldowns, INTERUPTING..

Ive solo'd this fight on my Sith Assassin and Juggernaut

Its not about having "your bestest companionzorrz!"

Seriously, if you cant beat him, ignore all the fail above...

Find your interupt skills / short term CC's / etc

For juggernaut it i start like this;

Hit him, he starts to cast, Force Push....saber throw, scream OH hes casting, charge, interupted, ravage him, hes casting again!!! force choke, more slashing and hacking, at this point im at about 80% and hes around 30%....

OH KNOES! more casting! Disruption! (notice this is the FIRST time ive used my actual DISRUPT.........hes now around 20-15% by now, lotsa screaming, crushing blow, smash, etc, OH NO HES MAKING A LAST DITCH TO CAST SOME BADDIE STUFF !!!

BACKhanded like a little girl, ravage him, good night, thanks for coming (throughout this fight as a lvl 45 Juggernaut using JAESA (not healing companion) i never even used one of my defensive cooldowns, so to the newb saying its about cooldowns and companions, go L2Play

Id do a run down for the assassin really quick but id have to change chars to remember the proper names for the skills, but this fight really is candy from a baby easy.....

GO LEARN YOUR INTERUPT ABILITIES!!!!!

How in the world are you suppose to beat the Avatar of Sel-Makor? He just destroys me in under 10 seconds, this isnt even labeled as a group quest.

Every other end planet mission has been soloable, i dont see how this one is, unless your 50 or something. he nukes for 4-6k, massive aoe force chokes, big aoe.

Anyone have tips on beating him or something? Its annoying leaving something un-finished.

My friend was L47 he asked me to help do the quest. I was either 46 or 46 SW Jug.

The encounter was really easy with my interrupt and his too. Im sure that solo would pose alot of failure (as he did alot of tries and failed).

Or get to 50 and try again. Lower lvl quests get alot easier.

First off, this fight is 110% about INTERUPTING.......not your cooldowns, INTERUPTING..

Hit him, he starts to cast, Force Push....saber throw, scream OH hes casting, charge, interupted, ravage him, hes casting again!!! force choke, more slashing and hacking, at this point im at about 80% and hes around 30%....

OH KNOES! more casting! Disruption! (notice this is the FIRST time ive used my actual DISRUPT.........hes now around 20-15% by now, lotsa screaming, crushing blow, smash, etc, OH NO HES MAKING A LAST DITCH TO CAST SOME BADDIE STUFF !!!

BACKhanded like a little girl, ravage him, good night, thanks for coming (throughout this fight as a lvl 45 Juggernaut using JAESA (not healing companion) i never even used one of my defensive cooldowns, so to the newb saying its about cooldowns and companions, go L2Play

Id do a run down for the assassin really quick but id have to change chars to remember the proper names for the skills, but this fight really is candy from a baby easy.....

First you are late, in the post just above yours i told i killed him with another player.

Second, I am not Jugg, Marauders dont have a Backhand ability which i am unfamiliar with anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so tired of people with your attitude. I know I have several interrupts. They didn't seem to work very well. He is halfway through casting and I hit my interrupt. I see that my interrupt is on cooldown, so I know I didn't miss it, and gee, he is still casting and I get my butt kicked.

I know I have several interrupts. I usually go into a boss fight making sure all my bag of tricks are off of cooldown so I can use all of my interrupts to full effect. That is how I play. Still can't beat this SOB at level 47 and Im really tired of the high repair bills.

I'm so happy for you that you are so blessed that you not only think this game is easy, but you feel you can lord it over everyone else and tell us what crybabies we are.

As an inquisitor I can say that he does dangerous stuff at roughly twice the speed that my only interrupt (that can affect him) recharges. Try again.

The best solution to this quest is to bring a friend. Thats it. I do like hard stuff sometimes, but this quest should be labeled 2+.

ps. Ive been level 50 for weeks, but I do remember that this quest made me stop. I ran into only two bosses that I couldnt solo, avatar was one of them.

Edited by Karkais

I beat my head against this guy for about an hour and finally gave up. As a Rage Spec'd Juggernaut, he is impossible to beat. I simply do not have enough interrupts to keep his spells in check.

If this quest is indeed soloable, he needs to be toned down a bit. Otherwise, label it +2