WoW pvpers will dominate.

aspectsofwar

I know theres been a lot of doubt about WoW players skill and people from grinding MMOs talking a lot of trash about WoW players not knowing "real pvp".

WoW used to be open world pvp too. Rated instanced PvP brought out the theorycrafters in WoW players forcing people to min/max and understand the esoteric mechanics of these types of games. Most of the class mechanics in this game are based off of WoW mechanics.

Your world PvP zerg raid group will probably be properly crowd controlled, interrupted, shut down and systematically eliminated by a handful of WoW gladiators. Lets not even get into warzones as they are battleground clones.

I expect WoW PvPers to dominate. I'm calling it now.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know theres been a lot of doubt about WoW players skill and people from grinding MMOs talking a lot of trash about WoW players not knowing "real pvp".

WoW used to be open world pvp too. Rated instanced PvP brought out the theorycrafters in WoW players forcing people to min/max and understand the esoteric mechanics of these types of games. Most of the class mechanics in this game are based off of WoW mechanics.

Your world PvP zerg raid group will probably be properly crowd controlled, interrupted, shut down and systematically eliminated by a handful of WoW gladiators. Lets not even get into warzones as they are battleground clones.

Guess my comp bro.

You speak the truth. You have to be pretty ignorant if you think otherwise. It might be a different game but it's also very similar. Going from WoW to this isn't a very big change. If you're good at pvp in WoW you'll be good in SWTOR. Those top players that switch over will still be top players in SWTOR.

You speak the truth. You have to be pretty ignorant if you think otherwise. It might be a different game but it's also very similar. Going from WoW to this isn't a very big change. If you're good at pvp in WoW you'll be good in SWTOR. Those top players that switch over will still be top players in SWTOR.

ROFL like he is referring to BGS. We are talking about extremely high rated Gladiator caliber players here.

Take out auto-attack, macros and key binds how good will a WoW Glad really be??? Please wake up and smell the poodoo. Blind statements of aggrogance usually preceed a fall.

Many top PVPers in wow don't use macros. Not having an auto attack changes nothing a WoW player utilizes every gcd just like you would in SWTOR. How are we losing keybinds?

Take out auto-attack, macros and key binds how good will a WoW Glad really be??? Please wake up and smell the poodoo. Blind statements of aggrogance usually preceed a fall.

You sir/maam are extremely ignorant. Arenas in wow took skill beyond doing any actual damage or healing. The main difference between your average arena player and a Gladiator was the coordination with a team.

No.

/thread

I actually believe that, by the feel of the game and classes, out of the gate it's going to be Rift players that dominate (I know there weren't many). Any variety of experience gives you an edge, however, so I think this post is unfair, being that WoW is the most likely MMO people have come from (at least at one point).

Question:

Is WOW the ONLY type of PVP you've participated in?

I'll take top pvpers from DAOC AND WARHAMMER, over Arena Gladiators.