WOW Warzone exp Bug/players 30+ already?

lazerpewbang

BioWare confirmed that this has been happening and they are "looking into it" in another thread. Someone also said that Stephen Reid said that people that abused it would be getting the banhammer, but it wasn't really an exploit it was a broken system. Essentially people would just que up and it would put them in a warzone match with no other team, because the server populations are still low, so after two minutes it would end but give the participants full xp. I just don't see how you can ban people for trying to play a warzone..

The exploit here is not that they are just queueing up and finding the warfront accidentally empty. They have deliberately set up a rotating system wherein they queue up and some of them would REJECT the invitation to the warfront when it comes up. This leads to the lack of required players, ending the match early.

Again, the problem is not because of lack of server population, but of people DELIBERATELY playing with the mechanic to force warfronts to end early to farm XP.

Just thought I needed to post this, a lot of people keep on trying to tie up the problem to the staggered launch when it's not the case.

The exploit here is not that they are just queueing up and finding the warfront accidentally empty. They have deliberately set up a rotating system wherein they queue up and some of them would REJECT the invitation to the warfront when it comes up. This leads to the lack of required players, ending the match early.

Again, the problem is not because of lack of server population, but of people DELIBERATELY playing with the mechanic to force warfronts to end early to farm XP.

Just thought I needed to post this, a lot of people keep on trying to tie up the problem to the staggered launch when it's not the case.

^ Yep so if BW doesnt Ban/roll back those people they will lose 99% of there player base. Game hasnt been out for 24 hours yet and there are lvl 35 peeps cause of this epxoit not fair

There's a few Bioware posts regarding this. Look to the dev tracker before making threads ;) According to their metrics the highest level people are considerably lower than 30-40. Might just be a cover up, but I don't feel like donning my tin foil armani suit just yet. Looking good while I'm hiding out in my bunker of can o' spam and old newspapers is important to me.

But how is it their fault that the game didn't match them with an opposing team? I know that if I was in and wanted to play a warzone I would want to actually play against a team. I wouldn't stop queing for it just because I kept getting empty matches. I would just keep trying until I got one.

According to some of the less tight lipped people, there's a couple more steps required, but they're not super difficult to do, because people are doing them completely by accident.

If they can prove who exploited and differentiate from those who gained "by accident," then they should punish them...

but not so severely as with a ban...

And not so mildly as with a rollback...

No...

They should just delete the offending characters.

Perhaps it would be easy to find them all by comparing "hours played" to "levels gained."

If you're over lvl 30 in less than a day, BOOM, Deleted.

lol.

Or hey, it's only "one day," they could just wipe all the servers and start over tomorrow.

How lol-tastic would that be?

POFL? Posting on the forums, laughing. :D

going to ty and get firend to post SS, He says there are a few lvl 37 peeps already cause of this expoit on his server. This=Not good
Oh, FFS.

Today , 09:49 PM

Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

Edit: Thread

Edited by Riftmaster

It's A RUMOR _ THERE ARE NO PEOPLE THAT HIGH PERIOD - THE Exploit isnt as close as the doomsayers say it is

notice NO ONE CAN PROVIDE A SINGLE SCREENSHOT OF ANY ULTRA HIGH LEVEL CHARACTERS ?

Maybe people should read before screaming like chicken little.

Hi there!

Stephen Reid has already posted about this issue in this thread:

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

Hey all - while we have no definitive update on this yet (that'll come tomorrow, I hope, after our investigation concludes) I did want to point out one important thing.

There have been some suggestions of characters running around on servers in the 30-40 range today. We have the metrics here, and the highest level character as of 30 minutes ago is considerably lower level than that.

Again, we take this seriously, and we're looking to see if this is an exploit that we need to rectify - but don't let rumor and speculation run too rampant.

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion about this issue. Thank you!