Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Juggernaut Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Juggernaut Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediMasterAlex
07.08.2019 , 10:59 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
We dont know what other classes are going to offer tho. When we see other classes we may not beleive its fotm at all.
Have you seen the sorc tacticals? They are a joke compared to the mara's and jugg's.

DavidAtkinson
07.08.2019 , 01:20 PM | #32
Not really sure what makes people think that classes should be balanced around solo ranked... solo ranked, a game mode that 10 % of the entire player base play.. ?

I play solo ranked too and PVP.. just saying.. I've always wondered about this. Still no answer.

JediMasterAlex
07.08.2019 , 03:33 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Not really sure what makes people think that classes should be balanced around solo ranked... solo ranked, a game mode that 10 of the entire player base play.. ?

I play solo ranked too and PVP.. just saying.. I've always wondered about this. Still no answer.
Group ranked is no longer being played. Regs are a casual game mode. Solo ranked is all that's left. It's not really a complicated issue.

Ubercado
07.08.2019 , 09:29 PM | #34
Just make sure that they aren't usable in PVP

Akushii
07.08.2019 , 09:46 PM | #35
Everyone here is talking about Ranked PvP.....

Okay, lets talk Ranked PvP, this would actually be justifiable. Juggernauts are already the first ones to be targeted down in Solo Ranked. And lets not forget that Mercs have 3 defensive cooldowns that already heal them up, not to mention the actual healing abilities. So even if Juggs got their heal back to full twice, it's nothing compared to Mercs who can literally heal back to full 3-4 times currently.

Anyway, I'm more concerned about the PvE aspects. It's hard to say the effect these set bonuses/tacticals will have without seeing the changes that other build in passives that the class will have. You know... all those minor nodes in the 'skill tree' that very few look at. Without understanding how everything interacts with each other, it is hard to say if things will fit in. Vengeance juggernaut currently has one of the best set rotation that runs very smoothly, because everything is predictable. If we introduce RNG, like reducing cooldown of Vengeful slam, or having vicious slash extend time of two of our dots, it might not be stable. We actually have to see the gameplay in PTS to really understand if these bonuses/tacticals work. There is no point in reducing cooldown of Vengeful Slam if we need to delay it to put dots on enemies and such. Similarly if Vicious Slash extends the dot of Impale of force scream and impale, do we need to use those abilities after the first time we apply? Or does that take both Impale and Scream out of our rotation since we will be able to continuously extend the duration by using Vicious slash?

Personally I think Vengeance is in it's best iteration currently as far as rotation and skills goes. Because everything just seems to 'fit' perfectly and comes off cooldown at the right time with the proper resource management. We will have to see how these new tacticals affect the overall rotation and gameplay.

Delani
07.08.2019 , 10:47 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Not really sure what makes people think that classes should be balanced around solo ranked... solo ranked, a game mode that 10 % of the entire player base play.. ?

because solo ranked players the elitist "experts" of the PVP community and tbh most solo ranked players if grouped with one another, could clear all NiM Ops in the game. Solo ranked players know how to sue their dcds, DPS and guardswap. They know better than anyone what is overpowered versus underpowered.

bladech
07.11.2019 , 02:41 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Let's talk about what Spoils of War has in store for the Juggernaut! Below you will find the Juggernaut's new ability, the set bonuses that are planned for them, and a list of their new Tactical items. You may see bonuses which refer to charges. We are introducing new tech in Onslaught which will allow abilities to have multiple charges, meaning you can use them more than once (per charge) and the cooldown will simply add a charge up to the maximum.

You will note that compared to the Sorcer[*]Grit Teeth - Taking damage while Endure Pain is active reduces the cooldown of Enraged Defense by 10 seconds per hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds.

-eric
And who do you expect us to go for in enemy team with juggernaut in solo ranked? if we go jugg he will outheal himself to full hp thanks to TWO enraged defenses due to grit teeth. If we go for other enemy in jugg's team he will guard him and spam taunts and still outheal himself same as in first variant. You literally making one class all-mighty because with such defense buff this class will be able to: 1.survive good and cause much damage to enemy team.2. defend his team mates by guarding them and spamming taunts.

Thats not funny really. I see no way how to outplay or deal with this double heal to full hp

Thaladan
07.11.2019 , 08:22 PM | #38
i am really disappointed now we have a point of view of the "tactical item"

As said before, i was thinking tactical item would have been an option to change a bit your way to play : a little advantage of mobilty, or an orientation to an ability to be aoe or to put a dot or more damage etc etc.

but it's no more than an extra utilty to chose ... and like utilities, will be chosed the OP ones ...

and juggs will be Op with some tactical item you propose here.

It seems you have no clue of what you propose, like utilities : no balance, no logic ...

please reconsider your tactical items, to be as you mentionned first :

- "can help you play the way you want"

- "plenty of ways to modify your character to fit your personal playstyle!"

legend of hyperspace

JediMasterAlex
07.13.2019 , 08:50 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
And who do you expect us to go for in enemy team with juggernaut in solo ranked? if we go jugg he will outheal himself to full hp thanks to TWO enraged defenses due to grit teeth. If we go for other enemy in jugg's team he will guard him and spam taunts and still outheal himself same as in first variant. You literally making one class all-mighty because with such defense buff this class will be able to: 1.survive good and cause much damage to enemy team.2. defend his team mates by guarding them and spamming taunts.

Thats not funny really. I see no way how to outplay or deal with this double heal to full hp
It does seem a bit overboard. Juggs needed some love in pvp for sure, but this just seems like too much, especially when you compare to what dps sorcs got, which will barely help them in ranked.

LeyDrewid
Yesterday , 03:51 PM | #40
This is mostly about the changes from an Immortal discipline perspective.

It's long, I'm sorry. Apparently I can't do short posts on the forums. I've hidden a lot of my post behind spoiler tags to keep it's appearance smaller and allow people to skip sections they don't care about. If you intend to read it all, sorry for the extra work.

Me and Acknowledgements
Spoiler

My Assumptions of the Developerís Goals
Spoiler

A note on Gearing as a Tank
Spoiler

Furious Focus
Spoiler

Set bonuses, commenting on generic warrior set bonuses here because lazy.
Spoiler

Tacticals
Spoiler

Suggestions
Spoiler

Fundamental Flaws with Immortal that should not be fixed with set bonuses or tacticals
Spoiler