Cartel cerficates

Sukel

Hello,

I've googled around and noticed that the cartel certficates are for most people a wanted item and that they're pretty hard to get these days.

I actually have 10 around and was wondering what people want to get with the certificates? A quick look in the shops didn't really give me the answer. Is there something I'm overlooking or are they just too over-hyped?

Mostly, there's just certain items that people want, that require CMCs. Armors, for those who like them; pets and mounts for collectors, etc.

EDIT - Btw, some of the items that require(d) CMCs - Mira's armor set for example - are now available in the CM for CC.

Edited by JediQuaker

Used them for dyes and some of the armours. Have one cert left, just wish BioWare would convert remaining certs to credits and have those vendors sell items for credits as long as you have the required reputation.

Instant credit sink, for items of value.

The Contraband Slot Machine can be used as the credit sink to gain the reputation still. Win win for BioWare and the players, because I sure as hell am not wasting credits trying to get them direct from the slot machine, the odds are so low as to be not worth my time.

Hello,

I've googled around and noticed that the cartel certficates are for most people a wanted item and that they're pretty hard to get these days.

I actually have 10 around and was wondering what people want to get with the certificates? A quick look in the shops didn't really give me the answer. Is there something I'm overlooking or are they just too over-hyped?

You can use the cartel certificates to get certain mounts and armor sets from the vendors in the cartel bazaar section of the fleet. Most of them aren't worth it, but you can get a black primary dye for 2 certs or black secondary for 1 cert, for example. You can also buy a hoverchair for 6-10 if I remember.

HOWEVER, these are not unlockable via collections, so they're only for a single character.

There's also a cartel cerftificate decoration merchant in the stronghold section of the fleet. Here, you can buy a few jawa scrap vendors for your stronghold if you want, as well as a few other decorations.

LOL this thread brings back memories of the slot machine fiasco.

I have a stack of certs as well as a bunch of jawa junk from those days - and I still can't believe someone at Bioware approved adding that free credit (sell rep tokens to vendor) and mats (via jawa junk) dispensing decoration to the game.

Edited by DawnAskham

as many people have said, some cartel bazaar items, but the decos are probably the most sought after... because they aren't bound (so they can be sold, as new exclusive items on GTN)

I sandbagged a few hundred during the last nightlife event, to buy decos for my strongholds (jawa vendors, medical droids, etc)

You can use the cartel certificates to get certain mounts and armor sets from the vendors in the cartel bazaar section of the fleet. Most of them aren't worth it, but you can get a black primary dye for 2 certs or black secondary for 1 cert, for example. You can also buy a hoverchair for 6-10 if I remember.

HOWEVER, these are not unlockable via collections, so they're only for a single character.

There's also a cartel cerftificate decoration merchant in the stronghold section of the fleet. Here, you can buy a few jawa scrap vendors for your stronghold if you want, as well as a few other decorations.

Where in the bazaar is the merchant that sells that sells dyes??? I checked every single one and don't see them.

Pedantic Police - I think you mean "stockpiled", not "sandbagged". 🙂

I'd like to dedicate the following quote from Babylon 5 to your post:

"In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything."

EDIT - Btw, some of the items that require(d) CMCs - Mira's armor set for example - are now available in the CM for CC.

Some of the items, like the mounts, unlocked it in collections for the character which in turn allowed me to unlock for my account. However, that didn't work for all of the armors. Fortunately for me, I did a cross comparison of prices for the items on GTN, so was very selective on which items I used CMC's on.

Where in the bazaar is the merchant that sells that sells dyes??? I checked every single one and don't see them.

iirc, only 3 or 4 merchants offer 2 different dyes each. Some of the dyes can be purchased with just credits.