Completely stuck at ephemeris boss fight

So today I thought it would be fun to try my first star fortress, began running the solo star fortress flashpoint. Got to the Ephemeris boss, say it for a brief second before the shutters closed and reinforcements began arriving from the two side elevators. Took them out, and nothing happened.

My character is running around an empty room. No boss, No enemies. Nothing to click on save the two healing stations. The game says I am in combat, so I cannot log, leave, insta-travel, or abandon or reset the mission. I had to hard-quit the game just to get out, but when restarting the game, it says my character is still logged in, so I cannot even play another character.

I put in a ticket, anything else I can try?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So today I thought it would be fun to try my first star fortress, began running the solo star fortress flashpoint. Got to the Ephemeris boss, say it for a brief second before the shutters closed and reinforcements began arriving from the two side elevators. Took them out, and nothing happened.

My character is running around an empty room. No boss, No enemies. Nothing to click on save the two healing stations. The game says I am in combat, so I cannot log, leave, insta-travel, or abandon or reset the mission. I had to hard-quit the game just to get out, but when restarting the game, it says my character is still logged in, so I cannot even play another character.

I put in a ticket, anything else I can try?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sounds like you hit a bug of some kind, though I've not heard of it before. First, if you wait a few minutes and try to log back in, you should be able to. Second, next time that happens, type "/stuck" and that will automatically kill you if you are in combat, so then you can log out without any issues.

What happens is you killed the adds too fast.

Let them fully spawn into the room and there should be a faint beam of light from the middle of the room to one of them suggesting the robot system is controlling it.

If you don't let that happen then the fight freezes there.

You might not see the light but let them fully spawn in and dont gib them before their spawn animations are complete and they are able to target and attack you.

Edited by Gyronamics

Can confirm; all those veteran "kiiiiiiilllllll iiiiiitttttt" instincts messing me up.

Guess designers thought people doing Star Fortresses wouldn't be coordinated enough for it to be a problem.

Also, possibly, it's the first SF mission you do, and it's right after you finish Chapter IX, so in theory you might still have weak gear, and therefore they designed it around that assumption. Someone who cranked up to 65, then Ops'ed until he has full 220+ might well have a hard time. The power difference between fully augmented 220+ and a fresh 65 still in 190s is significant.

Also, possibly, it's the first SF mission you do, and it's right after you finish Chapter IX, so in theory you might still have weak gear, and therefore they designed it around that assumption. Someone who cranked up to 65, then Ops'ed until he has full 220+ might well have a hard time. The power difference between fully augmented 220+ and a fresh 65 still in 190s is significant.

Or even augmented PVP 208s, yeh, I see your point.

But PVPer instinct RED = DEAD, and if you aren't on your game, you might very well end up with the dead. end of the equasion.

Or even augmented PVP 208s, yeh, I see your point.

But PVPer instinct RED = DEAD, and if you aren't on your game, you might very well end up with the dead. end of the equasion.

Not just PvPer instinct, that one. I spent long enough as a casual-preferred leech with substandard gear (between 2.0 and 3.0) to have a measure of caution before applying that rule, but it's still there as a feeling.

• 1 month later...

It is not even for those that pushed into 220s, I am currently playing a fresh 65 Gunslinger in all 208 non-augmented gear and had the problem. If this was a design assumption, well we all know about assumptions, most are asinine at best and should never be the standard for creating anything.

With all due respect for your thoughts, this is not actually an issue of gear level as much as it is a poorly designed encounter based on possible bad assumptions.

If there is a potential issue with mobs being killed before properly spawned, they need to change the encounter so the mobs are fully spawned before they can breach the doors from their side rooms.

Edit - This came up in another thread:

The precise mechanic is to wait until a spotlight shines on a mob. That is the mob that brings the shield down.

So really that mob needs to remain immune until the required link is established, still a poor design element.

End of edit

In an industry where the status quo is to "kill it fast and hard" or you must be a noob, especially when solo, why would anyone expect to find an encounter where they cannot go full speed ahead with proven tactics that would normally produce the results as anticipated?

Putting the blame on players for being too good is just not right. The problem is not the player but a poorly designed encounter if it cannot be played at your best level without breaking it.

Edited by katanaacredus

Putting the blame on players for being too good is just not right. The problem is not the player but a poorly designed encounter if it cannot be played at your best level without breaking it.

Since you replied to me, I'll answer this (as it tends to imply something about what I was trying to say).

I wasn't putting the blame on anyone in particular for this. I agree that if there is such a requirement (don't kill them too quickly), then it is a developer problem, not a player problem.

Curiously, a related thing happens in some lowish-level flashpoints (solo mode) and "invade the enemy ship" class missions. It affects those encounters where there is a closed door on one side of a corridor that opens when you attack a foe in front of it, revealing more foes. If you are way over-level (in terms of alacrity/crit/etc extra-power), you may find yourself killing the lone foe before the door opens, and, in fact, the door doesn't open so you never see the secret foes.

Since you replied to me, I'll answer this (as it tends to imply something about what I was trying to say).

Sorry if it came off in a bad way, there was no intent to demean you or your thoughts, more to provide an alternate or expanded view as I perceived it.