Shadows/assasins

SajPl

They have stealth, they have force speed, they have as much armor as a jedi knight (technique armor bonus), they have huge dps, they have self healing ( i see 50K at the end of some warzones thats about 2-3 lives saved) and they have a knocback (only malee class if I'm mistaken correct me).

This is not another rage thread because I can easily put out as much damage on my character as any shadow (although i need to be DPS specced they can be tank specced), I can DOT him so his cloak is useless but what pains me why is this the only malee class to have so many escape routes (force speed force cloak and knockback). The knockback should be Sage exclusive and this really seems like an oversight.

Really there is nothing wrong with this class , by far they are not OP.

Ya should notice both classes get that skill because it is a Sith inquisitor and jedi consular skill , AC got nothing to do with it.

And btw , if you dps spec give the same dmg a sin tank spec ... ya should really recheck you rotations.

Edited by rzrknight

They have stealth, they have force speed, they have as much armor as a jedi knight (technique armor bonus), they have huge dps, they have self healing ( i see 50K at the end of some warzones thats about 2-3 lives saved) and they have a knocback (only malee class if I'm mistaken correct me).

This is not another rage thread because I can easily put out as much damage on my character as any shadow (although i need to be DPS specced they can be tank specced), I can DOT him so his cloak is useless but what pains me why is this the only malee class to have so many escape routes (force speed force cloak and knockback). The knockback should be Sage exclusive and this really seems like an oversight.

You've grouped every perk of the assassin/shadow granted by all three trees into a single spec.

Have I at any point called for any kind of nerf? Some people dont even try to read and they see NERF NERF NERF everywhere. With the logic that its a general ability for consulars why then the vanguard does not have a knockback like the trooper does - answer : commando - ranged needs a knockback, vanguard malee doesnt need a knockback.

My best warzone damage done was a bit over 400K almost exactly the same as a tanking specced shadow I had 1 death he had 0, except i need to be DPS he can be a tank.

now the kids are complaining about assassins :(

aint nothing sacred anymore

Now the kids seem to have nothing logical to say in the discussion. Please answer me why does one malee class deserve a knockback while other malee classes dont ?

Now the kids seem to have nothing logical to say in the discussion. Please answer me why does one malee class deserve a knockback while other malee classes dont ?

Because......(wait for it)..........this isn't Counterstrike!

Classes are supposed to be different.

Guardians get force push (a knockback with a knockdown) that assassin's don't get. They also get force leap that assassin's don't get too.....is that unfair to assassin's?

Seriously I don't get what you're complaining about, that classes are different?

If assassins go tank spec they lose their damage, if they go dps spec they become squishy as ****. I'd say they are one of the best balanced classes.

Edited by Evuke

Its called making the classes different. You think just because you have a melee class is should have something another melee class has... just because?

/facepalm

Its called making the classes different. You think just because you have a melee class is should have something another melee class has... just because?

/facepalm

shhh his mom told him he was special and deserves anything his little heart desires, don't crush his giant sense of self entitlement.

Your are a complete idiot, nowhere near as much armor as a knight, they have crap dps in tank spec, and there not viable tanks, you probably got burstes and now your crying on the forums about one of the squishiest classes in the game, L2P SCRUB

If you cant tank and do HUGE DPS the you are the idiot and ask Leah for some tips (Dxun Battle Circle). This post is only regarding the knockback which seems a slight oversight by the devs because it should have been for the ranged Sage not malee Shadow.

again, most of the DPS talents are outside of the tank tree (as it should be).

And why is it a problem for a melee class to have a knockback. Like I said, it is rarely useful. Why would a melee class want to push someone away from them?

I never use it, unless I want to throw someone in a firepit or something.

So, you're not asking for a nerf, but you're saying that there was an oversight, and the only logical thing to do would be to take something away. But that's not nerfing a class, its just addressing an oversight. And you're not raging about anything, you're just concerned. And you definitely aren't asking for a nerf, just thinking maybe that there was a teensy little oversight. And that assassins need to be brought in line. But not nerfed. And you definitely aren't angry about anything.

Right. :rolleyes:

If you cant tank and do HUGE DPS the you are the idiot and ask Leah for some tips (Dxun Battle Circle). This post is only regarding the knockback which seems a slight oversight by the devs because it should have been for the ranged Sage not malee Shadow.

I have a Vanguard that can tank and put up big numbers on the scoreboard, I can pull people to me and have a PBAoE stun.

I also have an Assassin that can tank and put up big numbers on the scoreboard, I can pull people to me and have a PBAoE knockback.

Personally I would take the stun over the knockback, why does a melee class want to knock its target away from them? It is a very situational ability.

Edited by Surgin

cry more you have no idea how an assassin/shadow is played, your complaining about all 3 specs and saying the tanks can do huge dps...lol maybe if there full BM, against fresh 50s like yourself

again, most of the DPS talents are outside of the tank tree (as it should be).

And why is it a problem for a melee class to have a knockback. Like I said, it is rarely useful. Why would a melee class want to push someone away from them?

I never use it, unless I want to throw someone in a firepit or something.

Again - this is not a problem and not once I have used the word NERF or REMOVE, i was just wondering, because all the classes are build around a certain pattern, for example "gap closers" for malee classes and knockbaks for ranged classes. If a sniper had an ability similar to "force leap" i would simply ask why does he have it and why does he need it ?

Anyways at least there is one person with something constructive to say, because most of this comminuty is mature (in their own oppinion) whose mental development stopped at the age of 12 and they do not even understand what they read sadly and can only insult others.

^exactly.

I now agree with the OP.

Having a knockback was a HUGE oversight. We need overload replaced with an AOE stun instead.

I think the OP could agree to this. It was an oversight that sins got a knockback, what they obviously need instead is an aoe stun, much more synergy with the tank spec. Lets say, 20 meter radius. It's not a nerf or a buff, it's just an adjustment.

Again - this is not a problem and not once I have used the word NERF or REMOVE, i was just wondering, because all the classes are build around a certain pattern, for example "gap closers" for malee classes and knockbaks for ranged classes. If a sniper had an ability similar to "force leap" i would simply ask why does he have it and why does he need it ?

Anyways at least there is one person with something constructive to say, because most of this comminuty is mature (in their own oppinion) whose mental development stopped at the age of 12 and they do not even understand what they read sadly and can only insult others.

Yea, why does a sniper need force leap? He's not even a force user. That's just silly.