Warzone Rally

Ardrossan

I don't see a thread about this, so...

My guildies and I decided to do this today. We initially broke into two groups of four within our guild and set it up. It put us into something called 'skirmish' and we could do arenas only. We completed the match but got no points, no mvps allowed, nothing. We figured that we couldn't do it within our guild because of the potential for farming - it's a guild to guild challenge, right? So we next tried to set up a match, again, two groups of four, competing against members in our sister guild in the other faction. This time it was set to 'Guild Challenge'. One wrinkle here is that while we set up groups of four, when the queue popped, we ended up in groups of three - two guys didn't get it. Again, we selected arenas and completed a match. Again, we got no points, conquest or otherwise.

Has anyone else done this feature yet? Did you have similar experiences or were you able to get conquest points? If so, what are we doing wrong?

Edited by Ardrossan

Maybe my paragraphs are too long for the pvp community to read. let's try this again:

...we next tried to set up a match, again, two groups of four, competing against members in our sister guild in the other faction. This time it was set to 'Guild Challenge'. One wrinkle here is that while we set up groups of four, when the queue popped, we ended up in groups of three - two guys didn't get it. Again, we selected arenas and completed a match. Again, we got no points, conquest or otherwise.

Is this intended or a bug?

Maybe my paragraphs are too long for the pvp community to read.

I don't think that is the case (just take a look at a few other big threads), more likely is that no one else knows more about this to contribute to this conversation more than Trixxie's answer. That's true in my case, at least, sorry.

Maybe my paragraphs are too long for the pvp community to read. let's try this again:

Nah, you just went about it wrong. You posted a basic, simple question, and expected people to be helpful. That's not the way the internets work. As someone already said a long time ago... if you want to know something from the interwebs, you shouldn't post a question. You should post the wrong answer. No one wants to be helpful, but everyone wants to show you that they are smarter than you are.

You should have titled your post something like, "Warzone Rally! Finally something for TRUE PVPrs!!!!" Right away you'd get people to look, because we all know that one thing people here like to argue over is, just what is "true pvpr".

Then you should have filled your post with completely made up stuff about how you were using Warzone Rally to skip the gear grind, and instantly zoom alts from level 10 to level 70, all while maintaining gear and also earning so many credits that you could not only buy things off GTN, but you could buy GTN itself! Also adding in stuff about how WR made you into a much better PvPr because it's way more complex and demanding than any other form of PvP - which doesn't matter because those other forms aren't really PvP anyway.

If you'd done something like that, this thread would be up to 13 pages by now.

Of course, 12 of them would be after it devolved into personal insults about how no one should be using a yellow crystal in their off-hand blaster anymore. But you might have gotten something more useful than, say, this post, somewhere in the first page. Where someone might have posted their corrections to your "facts".

Just MHO, of course.

TLDR; I don't know either. :(

Nah, you just went about it wrong. You posted a basic, simple question, and expected people to be helpful. That's not the way the internets work. As someone already said a long time ago... if you want to know something from the interwebs, you shouldn't post a question. You should post the wrong answer. No one wants to be helpful, but everyone wants to show you that they are smarter than you are.

You should have titled your post something like, "Warzone Rally! Finally something for TRUE PVPrs!!!!" Right away you'd get people to look, because we all know that one thing people here like to argue over is, just what is "true pvpr".

Then you should have filled your post with completely made up stuff about how you were using Warzone Rally to skip the gear grind, and instantly zoom alts from level 10 to level 70, all while maintaining gear and also earning so many credits that you could not only buy things off GTN, but you could buy GTN itself! Also adding in stuff about how WR made you into a much better PvPr because it's way more complex and demanding than any other form of PvP - which doesn't matter because those other forms aren't really PvP anyway.

Of course, 12 of them would be after it devolved into personal insults about how no one should be using a yellow crystal in their off-hand blaster anymore. But you might have gotten something more useful than, say, this post, somewhere in the first page. Where someone might have posted their corrections to your "facts".

Just MHO, of course.

Good advice. What I should have done, I think, is post this in General with the title 'Warzone Rally is a slap in the face to the pvp community', then explained what happened as BW deliberately trolling guilds.

If you want to know the truth, i didn't reply initially because i had no information for you. I don't know anything about the new guild features because my guild is too small to take advantage of them, especially since most of the recent changea have chased my friends away from swtor.

I shouldn't have replied any more or differently had it been phrased as whatever warzone rally is being an affront to the community.

Trixie above gave you the answer. To get the conquest points you have to do a normal warzone (not a guild challenge) with a guild group. Just like the flashpoint rally, where you do a flashpoint with a group of guild members.

Trixie above gave you the answer. To get the conquest points you have to do a normal warzone (not a guild challenge) with a guild group. Just like the flashpoint rally, where you do a flashpoint with a group of guild members.

We've done that, we still didn't get conquest points.

What I'm gathering from this is that nobody knows anything.

Just MHO, of course.

Yep, that pretty much sums up how this forum works.

If you want to know the truth, i didn't reply initially because i had no information for you. I don't know anything about the new guild features because my guild is too small to take advantage of them, especially since most of the recent changea have chased my friends away from swtor.

I shouldn't have replied any more or differently had it been phrased as whatever warzone rally is being an affront to the community.

The majority of pvp guilds who would have used this system have since left the game or are now so small that this feature will never be used.

As usual from Bioware, too little too late for it to have the positive impact it would have 3-4 years ago.

We've done that, we still didn't get conquest points.

What I'm gathering from this is that nobody knows anything.

It could be two things.

1. A bug (this is extremely likely given Biowares track record)

2. It’s a bug

3. Working as intended because it’s a bug

My only other suggestion is to try posting on the reddit forums. More people post and are help there now because the forum trolls have gotten a bunch of knowledgeable people banned from this forum.

The reddit group it r/swtor

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The majority of pvp guilds who would have used this system have since left the game or are now so small that this feature will never be used.

As usual from Bioware, too little too late for it to have the positive impact it would have 3-4 years ago.

This is why I assume no one knows anything about this 'feature', because no one's using it.

And yes, it's probably a bug. I just wanted to be sure that no one else had done it and we were just missing something obvious. Now I see that the obvious thing we were missing is that BW is going to be on vacation for another couple weeks and this is just one of several buggy messes they left behind for players to beta-test during the holidays.