The solo mode for Forged Alliance seems.....too easy. BW could you up the difficulty?

I love the Forged Alliances, but at the same time I want to feel more challenged when doing these. I was playing it for the first time yesterday with my Jedi Sage Healer and i hardly had to do any healing at all. That Combat Support droid seems like it outclasses everything me and my companion do. I wonder if we did nothing at all in combat and just let the combat support droid handle everything if we could walk through the entire story that way. When every I would get low on health, as soon as i could heal myself with my healing abilities that droid would heal me to full, and even tho its weird i kinda felt a little robbed that I couldn't save myself. I would just like to request that BW could lower the effectiveness of the Combat Support Droid. The inner competitor in me likes to have a challenge when i do things solo and this Forged Alliance storyline solomode just seems.....too easy.

I could have just had a bad experience with my healer. Maybe its harder with damage classes or tank classes. Is it like this for those other 2 roles?

That's a pretty tough request. The purpose of the solo-mode FPs is to ensure that absolutely everyone gets barrier-free access to the relevant story content. As unfortunate as "I could probably just stand there and have the droid clear the fight" difficulty is, it would be a larger issue if really unskilled players got stuck in a solo-mode FP and couldn't progress their story and were unwilling to clear the FP in a group. They would be at significant risk of drifting away from the game.

Have hope though; the HM versions of the Forged Alliances FPs are very intense at gear-level. Unprepared players are not treated kindly by the bosses...or the trash.

Edited by Levram

It is meant to be easy... its to get you seemlessly and quickly through the story regardless of gear, ready for SOR. This is why it is a one shot deal.

If you want it to be a challenge you have a couple of options:

1. Run as a TFP as pre-3.0, using GF and/or PUG.
  2. Do them solo without the GSI Droid - they were solo-able before 3.0 and I haven't seen anything that nerfed that.

Is weird - we now have two threads. one asking for the GSI Droid on ALL fp's and another asking for it to be nerfed on the ones where it is available. Why don't both sets of players just TRY it solo and see what happens - you really might be surprised.

Edited by leehambly

That would seem to be why these have a hard mode. But I agree with you, my experience as a healer was very similar. Like...I obviously like being a healer or I wouldn't be one on my main, and just sort of standing around and having the droid do all the heals...I just thought, why don't I just skip the flashpoint entirely? It's just a waste of time (though still kind of fun, and I think these flashpoints are relatively interesting and good-looking). But my thought was that the droid could just have to have a more specific role. Like it switches btw tanking, dps and healing. But if your char is a healer, what if the droid would NOT take on that role, instead just tanking? I think that would be ideal.

That would seem to be why these have a hard mode. But I agree with you, my experience as a healer was very similar. Like...I obviously like being a healer or I wouldn't be one on my main, and just sort of standing around and having the droid do all the heals...I just thought, why don't I just skip the flashpoint entirely? It's just a waste of time (though still kind of fun, and I think these flashpoints are relatively interesting and good-looking). But my thought was that the droid could just have to have a more specific role. Like it switches btw tanking, dps and healing. But if your char is a healer, what if the droid would NOT take on that role, instead just tanking? I think that would be ideal.

Yeah, i like hte idea you posed that the Support droid would just stick to the roles that your character doesn't have. It literally takes the fun out of everything when my healer is getting out healed by a droid. One thing that was tough in the Flashpoint tho was the part on Manaan where the final boss is that Cyborg Selkath. I lost 3 times in a row before i realized i should just focus on doing damage with my healer and abandon doing healing altogether. It was a close call but i managed to take out the boss within the last minute. That was a tense part of the story. It'd be interesting to see that fight in hardmode.

You can always unsummon the droid and do it all only with your companion. Just right click the droid buff on your character, and Voila! he's gone (no need to get him killed) :) i did that on with all FA solo FS with my shadow.

If you get to some really hard part, you can always summon him at will and unsummon again after that. It's really neat :)

Edited by Pavijan

I have 2 missions

Forged Alliance: Part 1 and Shadow of Revan: Prelude

Never done the Korriban instance before but when I go in there I do not have the droid with me, just my companion. Also, as I am now level 56 I cannot queue for it in the group finder, do I get the droid midway or should it appear at the beginning?

Ok i figured it out. You have to drop every mission thats related, including the multiple Flashpoint missions. I then got an error saying i had a difficulty mismatch trying to start and had to do a reset from my portrait. I'm in with the droid now.

I love the Forged Alliances, but at the same time I want to feel more challenged when doing these. I was playing it for the first time yesterday with my Jedi Sage Healer and i hardly had to do any healing at all. That Combat Support droid seems like it outclasses everything me and my companion do. I wonder if we did nothing at all in combat and just let the combat support droid handle everything if we could walk through the entire story that way. When every I would get low on health, as soon as i could heal myself with my healing abilities that droid would heal me to full, and even tho its weird i kinda felt a little robbed that I couldn't save myself. I would just like to request that BW could lower the effectiveness of the Combat Support Droid. The inner competitor in me likes to have a challenge when i do things solo and this Forged Alliance storyline solomode just seems.....too easy.

I could have just had a bad experience with my healer. Maybe its harder with damage classes or tank classes. Is it like this for those other 2 roles?

Sorry, its part of the story, if you don't want solo find a group.

You can always unsummon the droid and do it all only with your companion. Just right click the droid buff on your character, and Voila! he's gone (no need to get him killed) :) i did that on with all FA solo FS with my shadow.

If you get to some really hard part, you can always summon him at will and unsummon again after that. It's really neat :)

Realised that today :D actually, I was so bored I took out both droid and solo boost. Kind of funny. That was actually hard.