3.0 Basic Com Gear

Since 3.0, all of the non-tank 186 basic com gear has "A" mods (the ones with the least crit or power). Prior to 3.0, it was my understanding that these were the worst mods and that dps and healers wanted the "normal" mods (no "A' and no "B"). Has this changed? Or is this just Bioware making gearing up via coms that much harder (or impossible)?

My combat medic currently has level 180 "normal" power mods (Advanced Agile Mod 34). Would you keep these or replace them with the 186 "A" power mods?

Thanks!

Since 3.0, all of the non-tank 186 basic com gear has "A" mods (the ones with the least crit or power). Prior to 3.0, it was my understanding that these were the worst mods and that dps and healers wanted the "normal" mods (no "A' and no "B"). Has this changed? Or is this just Bioware making gearing up via coms that much harder (or impossible)?

My combat medic currently has level 180 "normal" power mods (Advanced Agile Mod 34). Would you keep these or replace them with the 186 "A" power mods?

Thanks!

They wanted them to be A-mods because people were ignoring cybertech crafters. A 186 "A" mod will be about the same as a 180 standard mod, though if you want to play it safe just wait for the 192 "A" mod, or just do some operations for the standard mods.

Enhancements, I'd go see an artifice for Initiative/Adept/Quick Savant enhancements becuase comm ones suck.

Has this changed? Or is this just Bioware making gearing up via coms that much harder (or impossible)?

Commendation gear was terrible before (except for the min/max mods), and is now even worse since the mods are now non-optimal as well.

Buy your Ultimate off-hand for the 198 armor/barrel and the one piece of Ultimate gear with a 198 armor that will not be part of your six-piece set bonus and you're done. The rest of the gear is absolute trash.

Gear up through SM and HM operation tokens, now more so than ever.

A and B mods are now even worse than they were before.

Unlettered mods are even better than they were before.

One just needs to do operations to get good gear. There is no alternative.

For the level 55s, they are screwed.

The 55HMs wont give any of them the ability to get the proper gear.

Anything 55 level, is utterly impossible to finish beyond kuat drive yards. BW totally screwed the 55s that surplused during the 12x event. It is almost like NPCs DPS doubled.

I'm noticing the (agent) lvl 60 basic comm vendor's Waist, Wrist, and Offhand items have identical stats.

Anyone know if this is a mistake that will be changed later....or what????

Edited by Sydth

Where are the belts and bracers with +Power mods on them?

They're all +Crit now, which isn't a big thing to deal with if you had the overage/rollover comms to swap out mods/enhancements, but fresh 60s will have a tougher go of it, methinks.

Unless +Crit Rating's diminishing returns have been un-****ed (which doesn't appear to be the case) for this expansion-cycle?

They wanted them to be A-mods because people were ignoring cybertech crafters. A 186 "A" mod will be about the same as a 180 standard mod, though if you want to play it safe just wait for the 192 "A" mod, or just do some operations for the standard mods.

Enhancements, I'd go see an artifice for Initiative/Adept/Quick Savant enhancements becuase comm ones suck.

I don't see how this helps Cybertechs, they still can't craft optimal mods, just the same junk you get from basic comms.

They could have at least thrown us a bone and put a non lettered mod in the offhand or chest armor. As it is now, once I buy some filler implants and an ear piece, I have little use for the comms other than some companion armorings.

It would also be nice if they put other items we could purchase with the comms, particularly basics. Decorations, mounts, etc. My basics are at 1950+ and will probably stay there due to the worthless gear.