Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

NogueiraA

Stop looking at mara's and powertechs for a few minutes. Look at snipers...

No, it's not a QQ thread, because I have 4 toons valor 60+ and a sniper valor 52.

Let's look at the defensive abilities sniper's have.

- Cover - You cant jump him.

- Entrench - immune of ALL control abilities, lasts 20 seconds... 20 seconds IMMUNE of all CC's, knockbacks, whatever... Force Shroud lasts 5 secs.. 45 secs cooldown.

- Debilitate - stun the target for 4 seconds, NOT breaks on damage. 45 secs coodown.

- Flashbang - stun the target for 8 seconds, breaks on damage. 1 min cooldown.

- Leg Shot - instant root, lasts 5 seconds, breaks if damage after 2 seconds... He can use leg shot, shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 16 secs cooldown.

- Shield Probe - Absorb damage for 15 seconds. 45 secs cooldown.

- Evasion - dodge melee and ranged atacks by 100% chance, lasts 3 seconds. 1 min cooldown.

- Ballistic Shield - deploys a giant shield reducing the damge taken for you and all allies by 20%, lasts 15 secs. 3 min cooldown.

- Cover Pulse - knocks your target to the moon, AND root 5 seconds. Breaks if damage after 2 seconds, he can shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 30 secs cooldown.

- Shatter Shot - Reduce the target armor by 20% for 45 secs. Inflicts Trauma for 9 secs and reduce all healing the target receives by 20%. 5 secs cooldown.

- Ambush knockback - Marksmanship has a 1 point talent: When Ambush strikes a target within 10 meters, the target is knocked back several meters.

So 11 defensive tools, a LOT OF damage, you guys know how much hurts each shoot from a sniper. He can kill you in 3 GCD.

Seriously Bioware, this class NEEDS a huge nerf.

"just LOS him"... No, melee class has no gap closer against snipers.

L2P? Ok, roll a melee and try to kill a sniper.

English i'ts not my first language, sorry for mistakes.

Thanks.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rock, meet paper

This, sorry but Gunslingers/Snipers are actually one of the most balanced classes around. They have the tools to be absolute monsters when/if played correctly but also have weaknesses. Despite all their tools and intended purpose of countering melee, I manage to take them down as a Sentinel, go figure, if that doesn't cry overpowered I'm not sure what will. It's not easy I'll admit but it's doable.

PS If you haven't already, roll lolSmash/ForceSweep, it will fix all life's problems.

Edited by LeonHawkeye

"just LOS him"... No, melee class has no gap closer against snipers.

L2P? Ok, roll a melee and try to kill a sniper.

Thanks.

Sweetheart, I realize you're used to always having the advantage against other classes, but you can't have the upperhand against EVERY class.

If you really want to kill them, roll a DPS scoundrel/op and faceroll them.

I really hope you're just being facetious. Because although snipers and gunslingers may be the kings of pre-50 warzones, they are in no way overpowered. In level 50 PVP I'd say we are quite underpowered until we get the max gear. We can do really well with less gear but only if we go unnoticed and/or we are protected well by teammates. And usually a sniper wouldn't be able to kill you in 3 GCD at level 50. I play a full healer sorc which is very squishy and the only time snipers have killed me in 3 GCD was back when I was mostly Recruit geared, but of course, anyone with higher gear than you can kill you in 3 GCD if you're in Recruit. Edited by Solarenergy

So many quotes so little time, just reread everyone defending sniper/slinger replace sniper with marauder and ranged with mele in every post in this thread and you will see how we have felt for months. I am not saying they are by any means OP, but the irony is delicious. Welcome to the nerf club gents.

This, sorry but Gunslingers/Snipers are actually one of the most balanced classes around. They have the tools to be absolute monsters when/if played correctly but also have weaknesses. Despite all their tools and intended purpose of countering melee, I manage to take them down as a Sentinel, go figure, if that doesn't cry overpowered I'm not sure what will. It's not easy I'll admit but it's doable.

PS If you haven't already, roll lolSmash/ForceSweep, it will fix all life's problems.

Yup...they are the paper to my rock and i kill em anyway , after learning how...

Let's see...snipers can't disappear for four seconds. They don't have a god mode either. Evasion last three seconds and the immunity is only to ranged and melee attacks. The knockbacks and roots are needed since we are a turret class that spends the majority of time sitting cover. Ever see a sniper forced out of cover and how helpless he becomes? Not to mention how much the damage can be mitigated and how the hardest hitting attack, ambush, basically only leaves a slight scratch on a tank.

And maybe you're just the wrong melee. Shadows and assassins don't have any problem at all with snipers.

Edited by Solarenergy

never had problems with snipers/gunslingers (assassin deception/madness). they can do high dmg (as well as sage or any other rdps) till the moment some1 focus em. btw i dont think they can activate all their def abilities any time they want, since should b some power source restrictions etc.

nerf scoundrel/operative/smash/bubble

pretty sure every melee AC can close the gap on snipers. Sents can force camo, and if theyre focus spec, which most are now, they can use zealous leap, despite its 3 focus cost and 10 meter range. Sins can force speed, and if you want to blow force shroud to make yourself immune to roots, even better. VGs can only close in one spec, which is tactics, by using hold the line. Operatives can use sneak, an pop dodge if they get rooted, if they so desire. If a Guard is lolderpsmash spec, he can use zealous leap like the sent, should he have the focus to do so. Although if he is already in range to use zealous leap, he can force push --> leap to close gap and knock the sniper out of postition.

A big thing about entrench/hunker down is that it requires you to be immobile. It makes you the ultimate turret, but if youre LOS'd by a class with a heal, you can either let them get back to full health, or break entrench and try to stop them, losing your cover bonus and CC immunity

Snipers are serious contenders now, where as before they were pretty easy to take down. Now granted, this is from a marauder viewpoint, and most will say that we are just as OP.

The vast majority of snipers do not play up to anywhere near their true potential (thank god). Operatives absolutely shred them, it's pretty disgusting how fast they die. Some of their cooldowns might need a slight adjustment on the cooldown recharge length.

I don't think their damage needs an adjustment.

In 50 they are pretty hard hitting but squishy and can be pacifyed. Good ones are a pain tho. In lowbies (they only place they can really be considered op as for some reason they scale well 4.5k crits at lvl 10 lol) however they hit as hard as smashers in that bracket :p and from range Edited by AngusFTW

- Cover - CORRECT DESCRIPTION

- Entrench - 1 min CD, talented 45 seconds, but I know few people that get it (I get it because it pisses people off!)

- Debilitate - It's melee, big deal. Talented to 30 seconds in Lethality, noone likes it.

- Flashbang - Talented to 45 seconds, Noone gets it, but I do (See entrench >:D)

- Leg Shot - 15 seconds, talented to 12, but noone gets that, not even myself!

- Shield probe - 12 second duration, 2k heal ish (aka not a lot), 45 sec cd, talented to 30 in the tree noone likes.

- Evasion - lasts 4 seconds w/ set bonus that noone gets

- Ballistic shield - Talented to 2 min 30 sec in the eng tree noone likes.

- Cover Pulse - talented to 25 sec in the tree noone likes

- Shatter Shot - Big deal? This is more of an offensive cd than a defensive cd. Sents get trauma too, but ofc since you play one you can't whine about nerfing them.

- Ambush knockback - CORRECT DESCRIPTION

:D Small gripes, but seriously snipers are totally fine, they're a pure DPS class, so they need survivability just like sentinels and marauders, too, not to mention the useful utility that they bring.

You also forgot:

- Diversion - MM only, takes target out of cover and cannot enter cover for 6 seconds, 9 seconds of 45% accuracy buff (Melee, Ranged, Force, and Tech) - Great counter to LOLHULKSMASH

- EMP Discharge - Eng only, can only be used on a target affected by your DoT that should always be on someone, 60m range, does not requre LoS, ****** damage, resets cd on shield probe. Combined with the 30% bonus to shield probe, this is a good 5k healing, which is nice.

- Ballistic Dampeners - 3 stacks for 30% damage reduction, cannot be used once more than every 1.5seconds, cannot be gained once more than every 6 seconds, Tier two MM tree

- Cover Screen - 20% ranged defense for 6 seconds after leaving cover, cannot be gained once more than every 6 seconds, will not stay on after you enter cover, so it does not stack with cover's dodge chance.

Personally, my Eng sniper's pvp build maxes survivability, since damage is mostly burst and Aoe padding... I have every defense snipers can have except Hold your Ground up in lethal, and Diversion from MM

Edited by Zunayson

Typical nerf the sniper thread from a typical bad player:

1. Plays a FOTM melee class. Cannot deal with anything in PVP unless he can charge right into their face.

2. Begins the nerf thread by listing the cooldowns of the said class

3. Brings no real PVP examples of the so called overpowered class winning duels in situations where it is not supposed to.

Dude, this thread will end just like any other Nerf the Sniper thread. People will make fun of you. And you will just end up being embarassed. Those few who will pity you, might just give you some advices and insights on how to play against snipers.

May God have mercy on your soul and may the Force be with you. :p

Sweetheart, I realize you're used to always having the advantage against other classes, but you can't have the upperhand against EVERY class.

If you really want to kill them, roll a DPS scoundrel/op and faceroll them.

Why not? There's a reason why I rerolled a mara and sin. If I cant have advantages against all classes then what's the point of being a marauder? Sniper really needs to get nerfed, or let us skilled marauders to be able to force charge thru cover and give us a class passive, we should be immune to all CCs roots and slows for 4 seconds after we force charge. And force smash damage is fine, but the AoE radius should be larger than it is rightnow.

Typical nerf the sniper thread from a typical bad player:

1. Plays a FOTM melee class. Cannot deal with anything in PVP unless he can charge right into their face.

2. Begins the nerf thread by listing the cooldowns of the said class

3. Brings no real PVP examples of the so called overpowered class winning duels in situations where it is not supposed to.

Dude, this thread will end just like any other Nerf the Sniper thread. People will make fun of you. And you will just end up being embarassed. Those few who will pity you, might just give you some advices and insights on how to play against snipers.

May God have mercy on your soul and may the Force be with you. :p

Yep I agree, bad Maras in their fotm class gettign rolled. He must be very, very bad :eek: