any cooldown over 5 min is too much for pvp

mmjarec

having ****** cooldowns is ok, but a long one is long because of its awesomeness i'd rather it be less awesome and more usefull ie more uptime because having acooldown dependant class on LONG cooldowns makes it sitautional at best, i'd like to smear someone with my cooldowns actually down for a change like every other class.

even the stuff like savage kick is a nice part of dps which is never up for me in pvp thus completely worthless.

Of course its worthless in pvp, it cant be used in pvp, you can use it right after a Force charge in PvE....

Edited by AcaciaDragon

we NEED THE DPS FROM it. i dont care if its 200 dmg i will use it just because it looks so cool. its not like we are going to be OP with it in PVP if it even has limited use its such an awesome ability to only be pve its a core ability of it in pve.

no, savage kick is a core class ability that should be in pvp, it is vital. no joke. thats like not letting sorcs use FL or elctric bolt .

you know how much DPS your losing by *NOT* wanting savage kick in pvp? WHY NOT ITS AWESOME? are you mr ANTI AWESOME or something.

Edited by mmjarec

i'm 49, my biggest hit is 2.5k. and savage kick is 800-1500 usually. LETS BE STUPID AND SAY NO TO DPS

So, you're arguing that an ability that doesn't hit harder than the primary spec abilities, can only be used on week/normal mobs, and is useless in all the important content is a big deal? At 49 my annihilates were doing 2k+ non crit, and at 49-50 even Vslash wouldn't be far behind what you're calling your biggest his with savage kick, only with no setup, and it works everywhere.

Sounds to me like you turned your back on dps some time ago.

Edited by Zaxxus

we NEED THE DPS FROM it. i dont care if its 200 dmg i will use it just because it looks so cool. its not like we are going to be OP with it in PVP if it even has limited use its such an awesome ability to only be pve its a core ability of it in pve.

Sorry, but you don't need it. It costs no rage, so that in itself is pretty OP. And if it did 200 damage it would be worthless, your basic lightsaber attack that builds rage does at least that much damage if not more. And if you're willing to gimp your dps just because it 'looks cool', I am glad it can't be used in pvp, that line of thinking is beyond stupid.

sorry just cause it costs no rage doesnt means its op, it has a cooldown you know. its to make up for when you have 0 bars to use abilities with to keep your dps from dropping off too much, and thats exactly the problem, takes too long to build up dmg to burst ppl down ur already half dead from kiting.

i dont think its OP esepcially considering we get ONE CC BREAKER, the LOWEST of ALL CLASSES.

All classes get the standard 2 minute CC breaker, pretty sure no one gets multiple CC breaks standard in a class. Maybe specced other classes get specific breaks, but we have access to a root/snare breaker in the carnage tree.

edit: learn to manage your rage better, and the cooldown is 15 seconds, thats pretty short for such a hard hitting attack.

Edited by AGoldCrayon

sorry just cause it costs no rage doesnt means its op, it has a cooldown you know. its to make up for when you have 0 bars to use abilities with to keep your dps from dropping off too much, and thats exactly the problem, takes too long to build up dmg to burst ppl down ur already half dead from kiting.

i dont think its OP esepcially considering we get ONE CC BREAKER, the LOWEST of ALL CLASSES.

0 rage to cause 1.5k+ damage is OP

Charge builds 3 rage base, use battering assault for 5 rage bam

if you can't manage your rage bar then sorry L2P

you have all the tools to take down any class, ranged/melee/healer, you just have to learn when to use your abilities

Edited by doromleynek

All classes get the standard 2 minute CC breaker, pretty sure no one gets multiple CC breaks standard in a class. Maybe specced other classes get specific breaks, but we have access to a root/snare breaker in the carnage tree.

edit: learn to manage your rage better, and the cooldown is 15 seconds, thats pretty short for such a hard hitting attack.

cool story if you would have not said "pretty sure" now i cant troll you for being wrong, but you are.

i have both inquis classes to 50 both have multiple anti CC. assasin has a vanish type ability.

your telling me ops,bh both get nothing more than the 2 minute breaker.

considering how some of the pvp stats are BROKEN. i am chain cced as soon as i am smart and save charge for a knockback i just get snared/kited back to within range, so i use my anti CC and by the time i've finally caught up to the distance they've built , they are off cooldown from either their snare or stun. electrocute is 45 seconds that means i can get stunned multiple times before my ONE ABLITY IS UP.

the amount of the cc in this game while fun to do people, is way more frustrating than just dying. nothing worse than a slow prolonged death....

imanage my rage fine its nothing to do with rage, it has to do with core mechanics being available to some and others are MIA in pvp.

i know we are gear dependant but since this game is about skill and not gear i should be able to pwn someone crappier even though i'm a new 50 with no pvp gear right?

if its not about gear...which they said it wasnt, now if it were, they'd be lying thus everything they said to you could be a lie, oh wait it is.

0 rage to cause 1.5k+ damage is OP

Charge builds 3 rage base, use battering assault for 5 rage bam

if you can't manage your rage bar then sorry L2P

you have all the tools to take down any class, ranged/melee/healer, you just have to learn when to use your abilities

OP is relative, it wouldnt take any skill or time to code in a longer cooldown or less dmg to make it not OP.

point is, every class is OP to someone.

its so reactive that you could only use it after a charge or anihi spec use of the bleed effect talented with the slow .

they should at least correct the tooltip.

nothing pisses someone off more than getting to 50 to pvp then find out your favorite and/or a class defining ability isnt usable in pvp. you have to work twice as hard to get teh same dps as a marauder, so we should be rewarded with our good play. the baddies arent even going to notice savage kick lighting up anyway.

it says nowhere its not usable against players, it says only usable on slowed or immobilized

...it should say

only usable on slowed or immobilized NPCS..

confusion solved. everyone who read this thread woudl have more time back.

for every good marauder theres 10 baddies. (i assume good meaning i play my class/cooldowns efficiently and optimally)

Sounds like a failure on your part to play the class properly and understand the mechanics, not a lack of performance of the class.

cool story if you would have not said "pretty sure" now i cant troll you for being wrong, but you are.

i have both inquis classes to 50 both have multiple anti CC. assasin has a vanish type ability.

your telling me ops,bh both get nothing more than the 2 minute breaker.

Force cloak doesn't remove CCs. If the assassin is rooted and force cloaks, just aoe where they vanished and you'll pop them out.