Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please bring back pvp servers.And remove the level sync from them.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Please bring back pvp servers.And remove the level sync from them.

SwfanNick
11.19.2019 , 01:14 PM | #1
With respect.Other players who complained the first time.Should of not joined a pvp server.I firmly believe that doing so made this game not as fun.And no one ever goes into pvp instances.Or add a mouthy Open world pvp battle Event..That rewards amazing gear.Only obtainable from the event please and thank.Fellow players like if you agree.

Goreshaga
11.19.2019 , 02:55 PM | #2
Problem with a monthly OWPvP event, if it's only on PvP instances that's fine.
But what do people who don't want to take part in OWPvP event do during that event if anyone can attack them while they only want to mind their own buisness ? They just don't play the game at all while the event is on ?
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

LD_Little_Dragon
11.19.2019 , 04:59 PM | #3
The pvp instances are pretty much what a pvp server would be.

Why do you think the server would be more popular than the instances?

I have nothing against adding new incentives for open-world pvp, but as long as companions are allowed in the pvp instance, I don't think you'll ever see real open-world pvp become popular.

Even now most people are getting the OWpvp achievments by just killing a willing member of the opposing faction over and over ... what do you think the events would end up being? Not real pvp is my prediction.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

DarkTergon
11.19.2019 , 09:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SwfanNick View Post
With respect.Other players who complained the first time.Should of not joined a pvp server.I firmly believe that doing so made this game not as fun.And no one ever goes into pvp instances.Or add a mouthy Open world pvp battle Event..That rewards amazing gear.Only obtainable from the event please and thank.Fellow players like if you agree.
No one joined a pvp server, then complained about it. We lost the pvp servers because of the merges, they brough the pvp instances in to try and balance it out. They might have complained about the lack of population, but that was happing on pve servers too. Not sure an event would work though. Exclusive rewards will cause problems, as they have before, etc. Not to mention all the crying about ganking (just look at the gree event)
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

SteveTheCynic
11.20.2019 , 12:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
No one joined a pvp server, then complained about it. We lost the pvp servers because of the merges, they brough the pvp instances in to try and balance it out. They might have complained about the lack of population, but that was happing on pve servers too. Not sure an event would work though. Exclusive rewards will cause problems, as they have before, etc. Not to mention all the crying about ganking (just look at the gree event)
Chronology error.

The switch to separate PvP and PvE instances happened some time before the server merges.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.