Has there ever been a tale of someone who...

ClayPeopleCry

Was born into the empire and raised as a Sith but was turned to the light side by a Jedi? I'm not talking about a Sith lord who decided to join the republic, but a Sith who while still in his training stage. Like they are still an apprentice and not a lord yet. But at some point they meet a Jedi who leads them to join the light side. Or do all Jedi just see all Sith as a lost cause? Edited by ClayPeopleCry

If you mean Sith as in force-wielding, red saber using? Jedi Knight.

If you're looking for a Sith as in anyone of the Sith Empire... well, take a look at why nine out of every ten Troopers chose the alternative to promoting Jorgan and you'll see an example of Sith-turned-Republic.

Moving past the Sith Empire onto Palpatine's Galactic Empire...

Mara Jade was raised from an early age to utilize the Dark Side as a personal assassin for the Emperor, a position called the Emperor's Hand (there were several Hands at any one time, typically all female). In 9 ABY, she was still attempting to fulfill Palpatine's final command - kill Luke Skywalker. Over time, Mara joined Luke's New Jedi Order, became a Knight, married Luke, became a Master, and the Skywalkers had a son named Ben.

There are probably other EU examples, but she's the only one I can recall off the top of my head. I don't know the novel continuity as well as I used to.

(Mara was never technically a Sith because she wasn't inducted into the Order of the Sith Lords, but I figured the example was similar enough to the question to be worth a mention.)

I have a Jedi knight but I'm not playing her right now and she is only level 13 but she isn't light sided. Maybe I'll make a new Jedi Knight and make him or her light sided.

Play through the story i cannot say anything since it'll spoil it...

More like Captain Bland's Special Snowflake Hero Story.

There are redeeming moments in it, and I really like most of my crew, but yeah, my knight is getting reeeeeally tired of the "Land on new planet, find and destroy or confiscate planet-eating superweapon of the week" thing.

It would be interesting to build a story around the other thing that seems to happen with world-quest related stuff. Basically, the Jedi Knight is the dogsbody/errand boy or girl/image rehabilitator for the Republic and the Jedi Order to the civilians on various planets, who've been negatively impacted by various conflicts and factional fights.