High or low alacrity build for pve?

andywilsonght

Hey guys I was wondering, is it better to go with high or low alacrity for pve? Which build should I go with if I want to play both AP and Pyro?

Well just my 2 cents. Since most of the abilities for PT are instacast I don't think alacirty is going to help. My to credits I'd dump it into accuracy or criticals.

Well just my 2 cents. Since most of the abilities for PT are instacast I don't think alacirty is going to help. My to credits I'd dump it into accuracy or criticals.

i think the idea is the global cooldown of 1.3s vs 1.4s or something. meh i main a tank so what do i know?

It all depends on your gear rating, and if you're using augments or not.

If you are using augments, and have a rating of ~246+, Then go the high alacrity build.

Otherwise, go with the low alacrity build. To reach the threshold without the high item rating/augments, you give up too much crit for it to be worth it.

Edited by TACeMossie

It all depends on your gear rating, and if you're using augments or not.

If you are using augments, and have a rating of ~146+, Then go the high alacrity build.

Otherwise, go with the low alacrity build. To reach the threshold without the high item rating/augments, you give up too much crit for it to be worth it.

This is with full 248 and 236 augs.

then 1860+ ala is the best alternative for highest dps output

This.

Also I made a type on the original post, I meant 246+, not 146+

Im still in the past :(

NOTE: This is an estimation, not a confirmation. I might do some actual maths on this later to see what optimal gearing for each level (230/236/242/248, with 228 and 236 augments, would be)

Edited by TACeMossie