Hearthstone/Inns?

tknox

Just curious cuz I couldn't find any other info about it...

I played beta and didn't take too many breaks that weekend since I was rushing to see as much stuff as possible.

I didn't notice, but are there places to set up a resting area like in WoW? If so, I can only assume there's 1 spot at a time, etc., right? Where are they/what are the icons for them?

There are bind points in major cities/hubs that you can be bound to. You can be bound to multiple spots at once, but there is a cool down for using a bind point for traveling (30 mins I think). It looks like a little console, you just go click it when you see it.

Cool thanks.

I do remember being able to port to several places now that I think about it. There were some places that I couldn't port to that I had been to, though. Is that just a case of me not clicking the NPC or whatever?

Cantinas are the rest areas for SWTOR. There are cantinas in most (every?) town. I believe your ship also counts as a rest area.

As for as quick travel, there are consoles in towns and in various spots on planets that you have to interact with to "discover" them. When you're on a planet, you can quick travel once every 30 minutes to any consoles you have discovered. Binding to certain consoles does not exist anymore.

Edited by sandpigeon

You "Bind" at every major city and outpost along the way. These stations are typically right next to or within close proximity of the taxi droid. To gain "rested" experience you simply park yourself in a cantina. Make sure to "Bind" everywhere because it isn't quite like other MMO's when you "gate" (when you die, sure). Instead of going to the last place you bound yourself you can travel to any point to which you have previously bound on that planet, making Quick Travel a useful tool. Edited by BGeorges