Where is nightmare mode EC

I get it, the devs are putting their resources into features that will impact more people. I'm not suggesting NM should be a priority. I would like to know roughly when they plan on getting it out to us though.

My guild started bleeding players after a month of farming 1.1, and I can see it starting to happen again. We've had hard mode Denova 16 cleared for a few weeks and people are starting to lose interest. Once Diablo hit no ones logging in. Just had our first person tell us last night they were quitting, and I expect another shortly. Same thing as 1.1 when I had to replace 4 of my raiders. Except this time my server is so dead I won't be able to find competent recruits.

It's discouraging as hell to talk to raiders and have to tell them "No nightmare in 1.3....so realistically we're looking at 6 weeks? 2 months?" Which doesnt even account for the fact that after farming hards for that long, people are going to be sick of Denova, nightmare or no. At that point they are going to want new content entirely.

Just throw us a bone and tell us roughly when you expect to have it out so I can plan and TRY to hold this together.

Agree totally.

We are doing 8man hm (or were doing it). We lost 3 people due to diablo and with no feedback they aint comming back. On the same side we have 3 guilds on our server, 2 with not enough people to do ops and another who can't clear HM Karagga or EV even half way. So where to get people to replace the ones we lost?

Don't tell me to gear up people who can't kill Jorg and Sorno on hm, when they won't be able to follow EC tactics in any way...

Edited by Grywon

Hopefully transfers will help making it easier to fill the spots of those who quit.

Truth is, as you said, they're focused on getting transfers done asap. It's silly but its obviously a bump in the road for them too, to try and get population sorted.

They did say they're working on it and itsming together quite nicely, but who knows when it'll actually be out :( I hope they don't delay it to release with 1.4, or well I expect a totally new op in 1.4

Last word I heard about it is that its coming together and they're adding some new things for Nightmare modes to make them really nightmarish. To me that sounds like they're not just working on EC but maybe reworking some stuff about Nightmare mode entirely.

Agreed.

Some type of timeline would really help. Something other than "we're working very hard on Nightmare EC and hope to have it ready for you soon" which doesn't really tell us anything new, even if we appreciate the hard work and your sense of urgency. Even if the release is further away than we'd all like, it helps to know when it's coming so we can all just relax, focus on other games a bit, and be ready to tackle some great content when it's ready. I think every progression raiding guild in the game is in the same boat right now.

Is Nightmare EC going to come out with 1.3? Will it be tested on the upcoming PTS? Has it been pushed back to 1.4? If it has been pushed back, does this mean there will not be other new content in 1.4?

Agreed.

Some type of timeline would really help. Something other than "we're working very hard on Nightmare EC and hope to have it ready for you soon" which doesn't really tell us anything new, even if we appreciate the hard work and your sense of urgency. Even if the release is further away than we'd all like, it helps to know when it's coming so we can all just relax, focus on other games a bit, and be ready to tackle some great content when it's ready. I think every progression raiding guild in the game is in the same boat right now.

Is Nightmare EC going to come out with 1.3? Will it be tested on the upcoming PTS? Has it been pushed back to 1.4? If it has been pushed back, does this mean there will not be other new content in 1.4?

this. I just need to know if I should just call a hiatus to raiding rather than burn everyone out before nightmare hits

this. I just need to know if I should just call a hiatus to raiding rather than burn everyone out before nightmare hits

We're exactly on the same boat. Knowing when it will come out will help us plan around that and see what we can do to hold us over till the release and make sure we can keep the guild healthy. We're already clearing Nightmare Pilgrim and Hard Mode Denova in one night, so there's really not much to do after that.

Thing is, all of us do enjoy SWTOR. We understand that the priorities are to slot in the building blocks of the game for the majority but all we really ask is an estimate or a firm timeline so we know.

Agreed to everything in this thread.

We haven't lost players, but as it is people are just logging on each week to clear Denova (which we do in under 2 hours now) and then log off till next Tuesday.

We were fortunate enough to absorb a smaller guild just prior to 1.2 to make up for losing several raiders from 1.1 content. But I'd rather not continue the trend.

I've made a thread about this a few weeks back and I've seen other threads now and again. Please just throw us a bone here.

Agreed to everything in this thread.

We haven't lost players, but as it is people are just logging on each week to clear Denova (which we do in under 2 hours now) and then log off till next Tuesday.

We were fortunate enough to absorb a smaller guild just prior to 1.2 to make up for losing several raiders from 1.1 content. But I'd rather not continue the trend.

I've made a thread about this a few weeks back and I've seen other threads now and again. Please just throw us a bone here.

I made a thread as well and it fell off the front. I tried making this one in general discussion and it got moved here immediately. Everyone who is concerned about this keep this thread bumped and maybe we'll get an answer

We were having a chat in guild about this earlier today. The way I see it is that I spend a lot of energy trying to stay optimistic and hopeful that the content I want is coming "soon." Which to ME means "within a month." What that means to Bioware, who really knows. But what it does is set up a series of disappointments. For example:

1.2 information comes out stating that nightmare content will be released "soon after" 1.2 release

-->

1.2 releases, we clear Hard Mode content in a couple weeks and are happy, but really don't have that bash-your-head-against-a-wall appetite sated, I am a little disappointed

-->

1.3 information starts coming out, I eagerly read every tidbit for news of Nightmare Mode because at this point it seems like "soon after 1.2 release" means 1.3

-->

I am disappointed when I see no Nightmare Mode in 1.3 information

-->

I see PTS signups for 1.3 and get my hopes up that somehow Bioware will answer my prayers and Nightmare EC will magically be on there

-->

Even though it's NOT supposed to be on the PTS and I know that, when PTS launches and it's not there, I will be disappointed, however irrational that might be. But I wanted to hope, really hope, that it would be there.

-->

1.3 will launch and I will hope against hope that there will have been in-house testing of Nightmare Mode and we'll be surprised with it at 1.3

-->

Again, however irrational, I will be disappointed.

And so the chain continues. Because I have no set expectation at ALL, I continue with my baseless hoping. I just want a realistic expectation. It doesn't have to be specific, just more specific than "soon." For example: "In a patch after 1.3 but before 1.4."

Agree totally.

We are doing 8man hm (or were doing it). We lost 3 people due to diablo and with no feedback they aint comming back. On the same side we have 3 guilds on our server, 2 with not enough people to do ops and another who can't clear HM Karagga or EV even half way. So where to get people to replace the ones we lost?

Don't tell me to gear up people who can't kill Jorg and Sorno on hm, when they won't be able to follow EC tactics in any way...

Don't expect them to be with D3 for long. Game is 8 hours long and the only thing you can do to stretch the time is play on the harder difficulty where mobs kill you in 1 hit. From what I have seen other players do: you will need 3 friends and a lot of gold saved up. :rolleyes:

That's strange thought I was watching Diablo 3 not Dark Souls. :jawa_tongue: Edited by TalkingDinosaur

I was just saying this not 10 mins ago to the other officers in my guild. The fact is this; we've already lost our gm to Diablo 3 and one of our best healers has just gone AWOL, now from a pool of 19 this isn't all that bad, the officers are more than capable of running the guild and our backup healer has just been promoted to full time so we're good for now but how long can they honestly expect us to go on like this?

I said before the patch 4 bosses and 2 difficulties wasn't enough but wasn't concerned as I thought we'd have had nightmare by now. Its all well and good trying to fix server pops but that won't help anything if people don't have anything to do on their new servers.

I've tried everything to keep people going short of calling a hiatus but it just isn't working. I've eliminated alt runs, cut down to 3 nights a week from 4, split 8 and 16 man progression so people still have something to aim for. Day by day less people are logging in outside of raids and once they go for good its going to be impossible to replace them and I'm not fond of the prospect of having to go back and train new raiders when the ones we have are some of the best I've played with in any mmo.

Glad to see I'm not the only one going through this problem at the moment, I just hope that they will at least give us some info as to when to expect it. Hopefully it won't be 1.4.

This is my biggest question. Why the hell are these questions, not only not being answered, but not even being acknowledged. Hello Dev's? Your game is dying. Save it, pay attention to the players, answer us. At the very least, one of you get on here, and tell us that an answer will be coming. You just seem unaware, and don't care.

I can't recall where the information specifically came from, but a fellow officer in my guild -- who frequently scans the multiple community messages and other locations where content and FAQ discussions are known to pop up -- mentioned that the Nightmare Mode won't be launching with 1.3. If I remember correctly, the cited reason was due to the fact that 1.3 was mostly just a small bump in content to throw some things in, while they're saving most of the "new" content for a big 1.4 release.

They mentioned that 1.4 will have a much shorter timeline being released than 1.2 was, but that seems like a very vague window given when 1.2 was expected and when it was actually delivered.

We haven't particularly lost anybody in our core group, but the vent is sitting rather empty after Wednesday's and has been about a week after everything reached farm status. It's basically log in, rush through HM EC, and then save the rest for Wednesday. There was a slight extension of content this past week simply because the only thing we had left to do was clear some other world bosses for our Coral speeder's, but now that even that is done, most people log in, check if anything is going on, then go about their business.

My guild leader and I have been passing time around in TERA, which is a nice change of pace, and we even managed to pick up a couple of recruits this week (which I think is a positive sign), but at least one of our DPS is rarely even remotely in vent (this is a guy that I personally know and haven't even talked to in awhile) because he's attracted to the real money side of D3 (no amount of talk can persuade him otherwise). A couple of others are dawdling around on the Republic side, messing with alts or simply grinding credits to prepare for the costs of the next legacy perks. For the most part, though, it's a log-in-win-loot-wait-til-next-week sort of rotation. Short sprints to the end game usually have this problem and it's no stranger that the design wasn't focused on the end game.

I admit, I was simply looking forward to Nightmare Mode EC, but as more time passes, I'd really like to have more than that.

My guess is that with the recent layoffs, the dev timeline / project plan has been thrown in shambles and many items were reprioritized on a new plan... So the game was doing pretty good from a subscriber point of view (eventhough it was no Wow) but EA management is just drowning its baby now.

No team can go through a round of downsizing without suffering bad morale and therefore less productivity.

Just beat Nightmare Pilgrim, still 0/5 on HM EC - server population is low enough that I'm having trouble finding a good group for HM EC (everyone who is doing already has a full group). I think it might be that the casuals missed out on the operation progression - there's a 16 man HM EC group on my server but they always use the same people so no luck there.

My ops group has just started reliably clearing Story EC, so have a ways to go before boredom.

My question for those clearing HM EC and nightmare pilgram -- what do you expect with Nightmare EC in terms of rewards? My understanding that is that it will not drop any new gear, but I could be wrong. Would you be satisfied with just a title as with the previous nightmare operations?

My ops group has just started reliably clearing Story EC, so have a ways to go before boredom.

My question for those clearing HM EC and nightmare pilgram -- what do you expect with Nightmare EC in terms of rewards? My understanding that is that it will not drop any new gear, but I could be wrong. Would you be satisfied with just a title as with the previous nightmare operations?

Actually BW confirmed that Nightmare EC WILL drop new gear. I'll be back with the link to that interview in just a minute. But your understanding has hopefully changed.

Actually BW confirmed that Nightmare EC WILL drop new gear. I'll be back with the link to that interview in just a minute. But your understanding has hopefully changed.

Found it!

“Nightmare mode when it comes, won’t be just a title and a pat in the back. It will come with its own itemization so there will be a real reason to do nightmare” – Emmanuel PaxEast Q&A Day 3.

Copied and Pasted from Dulfy's website (and if she's not a reliable resource who is?)

Edited by AshlaBoga

Found it!

“Nightmare mode when it comes, won’t be just a title and a pat in the back. It will come with its own itemization so there will be a real reason to do nightmare” – Emmanuel PaxEast Q&A Day 3.

Copied and Pasted from Dulfy's website (and if she's not a reliable resource who is?)

Ah, ok cool -- thanks for the info!

Just beat Nightmare Pilgrim, still 0/5 on HM EC - server population is low enough that I'm having trouble finding a good group for HM EC (everyone who is doing already has a full group). I think it might be that the casuals missed out on the operation progression - there's a 16 man HM EC group on my server but they always use the same people so no luck there.

This is exactly the kind of scenario I imagined when I was thinking, "Why in the heck are they waiting?" I figure there are people, like you, who WANT to do the content, but because of the server population issues and waiting on server transfers just haven't had the opportunity. I feel for you and don't begrudge you the time to get the progress yourself. I'm sure many in this thread would agree with me that we're willing to wait for you and others in the same boat to get your chance, but we just want to know how long we need to wait. (Albeit willing to wait and WANTING to wait are two totally different things lol)

Edit: By the way, I'd highly recommend starting to look for your raiding options BEFORE server transfers come around. Do your research and have a handful of things that look nice ;)

Edited by Inzi

Honestly it should have been released already it's very silly to have had it not launch with the raid. From what it looks like we aren't going to be getting any new raid content for a while. I think people myself included will be burned out on EC by the time Nightmare comes out and will want a new operation. Unless they decide to add a boss or the encounters are drastically different or challenging. A new set of gear will be nice but it's just gonna be the same crap over and over again.

I would hope they would add a new boss or something different but I highly doubt it. I guess the excess of trash in Denova counts as extra content.

Nightmare should have been a priority for the devs before the next round of legacy fluff IMHO.

As mentioned above, we have no clue how transfers/mergers are going to work and unfortunately people are dropping like flies if they aren't in established raiding guilds now. Re-rolling to a new server does take some work, but if you find the right guild to accept you, wait for you to level, and then gear you...it might be worth it in the long run.

I was a reroll from a low pop server to CKN. I made it a mission, leveled in a week, and was brought in and got the leftover gear. Within a short couple of weeks, was decked out and ready for PTS testing.

Have some options lined up in case transfers don't work as planned, or don't come anytime soon. There are guilds that will accept you.