Easy way to stop leavers/afkers

threas

Change the weekly/daily from wins to completions with at least four medals. That encourages people to stay until the end and participate rather than leave as soon as it looks bad or afk.

That doesn't encourage anything except for people to get four medals... which is also a horrible horrible idea.

Let's take a healer for instance...

Stand in acid, heal for 30 seconds.

- 2.5k medal

- 5k medal

- 75k healing medal

Go find someone with 100 health left and poke him with a stick

- killing blow medal

Last 12 minutes of the match? Go AFK in the corner.

I hate to say it, but the deserter debuff is really the only thing that makes any sense. Before they can implement it however, they need to build in some way to actually get back into the same match within a reasonable time in case of a random DC/crash.

Edited by JohnSixteen

How does the deserter debuff prevent the afk in a corner?

If you AFK in the corner, you probably aren't going to win the match. The deserter debuff still implies the requirement of winning the WZ for the daily/weekly.

The deserter debuff would discourage people from leaving a match that is seemingly going to lose, or face a 15-30 minute wait before being able to re-enter a new match.

Edited by JohnSixteen

Except healers get a max of 4 medals when they are solely dedicated healers. Your idea pretty much guarantees that no one will defend turrets or doors unless there's someone attacking them, because you only get 2 medals for straight defense.

It also punishes low levels who are already losing out on the medals themselves.

That doesn't encourage anything except for people to get four medals... which is also a horrible horrible idea.

- 2.5k medal

- 5k medal

- 75k healing medal

- killing blow medal

I hate to say it, but the deserter debuff is really the only thing that makes any sense. Before they can implement it however, they need to build in some way to actually get back into the same match within a reasonable time in case of a random DC/crash.

Guess what, if they add a debuff I will just go stand in a corner stealthed and watch tv anyways, as will everyone else that gets put on a worthless team. Letting people leave will at least give you a chance of getting someone that might want to waste their time helping you.

Edited by Cromica

- 2.5k medal

- 5k medal

- 75k healing medal

- killing blow medal

it will have all the people that dont really want to pvp finish their daily/weekly faster, so they will be affecting less people

it will have all the people that dont really want to pvp finish their daily/weekly faster, so they will be affecting less people

Yeah but we dont want to reward selfish people, we want to penalize them, so the best thing is a huge penalty for leaving AND AFKing.

Guess what, if they add a debuff I will just go stand in a corner stealthed and watch tv anyways, as will everyone else that gets put on a worthless team. Letting people leave will at least give you a chance of getting someone that might want to waste their time helping you.

There are other checks and balances that can be implemented to counter that one as well... such as a reporting vote/kick tool.

Regardless of how many checks and balances you put in place though, there will always be ******es not willing to put the effort in, not much you can do about that aside question why such a sad individual would play the game in the first place.

There are other checks and balances that can be implemented to counter that one as well... such as a reporting vote/kick tool.

Regardless of how many checks and balances you put in place though, there will always be ******es not willing to put the effort in, not much you can do about that aside question why such a sad individual would play the game in the first place.

I play the game to get better gear to kill people faster, getting put on a crap team slows that down. I play the game for me, unless you are going to pay my sub stopping telling me how the game should be played.

Edited by Cromica

I play the game to get better gear to kill people faster, getting put on a crap team slows that down. I play the game for me, unless you are going to pay my sub stopping telling me how the game should be played.

Bioware will tell you how to play, and they will tell you to stop being selfish and stop leaving games or getting a nice deserter debuff.

And then you can stop paying for your sub if you want.

Bioware will tell you how to play, and they will tell you to stop being selfish and stop leaving games or getting a nice deserter debuff.

And then you can stop paying for your sub if you want.

and I will stop paying it, this game is already circling the drain and BW keeps giving it that extra push by listening to the whiners and bad players.

I can not wait for a good game like GW2 to come out

Edited by Cromica

Simple solution: make the daily "gather 5 participation points in warzones", winning gives 2, losing gives 1. That way

- there's good incentive to work for winning (faster daily)

- there's a reason to stay in a losing match (you get some progress in a daily anyway)

Low level battlegrounds are not plagued by the leaving problem nearly as much since most people are after XP/valor/comms and you get those at a reduced rate anyway if you lose while leaving just means you wasted time for nothing.

Making battlemaster bags purchasible with a high amount of comms would also help but it's not just battlemasters leaving.

There does need to be a short deserter debuff though as right now some people are just fishing for a fast winning team by serial quitting for the first sign of a team not overpowering the enemy. You see people leave instantly if the other team touches the Huttball first and ridiculous stuff like that, they're just people looking for a strong enough team that they can afk and still get a win...

If you AFK in the corner, you probably aren't going to win the match. The deserter debuff still implies the requirement of winning the WZ for the daily/weekly.

The deserter debuff would discourage people from leaving a match that is seemingly going to lose, or face a 15-30 minute wait before being able to re-enter a new match.

A deserter debuff doesn't stop people from dropping a losing battle. If they think they'll do better requeueing after the debuff they'll drop in a heartbeat.

For example, making the daily a single win or 5 losses with 2 medals earned per loss would do more for keeping people in a match than any debuff. The idea of medals is a good one because it promotes normal participation. Add a Wow-style afk reporting tool and you would be set. It is better to nudge people towards the goal of active play than uselessly whack 'em on the nose with a deserter debuff.

(I say two medals as that still lets those that defend a turret in ACW to progress. The wins and matches lost are just examples. It could stay three wins and/or 9 matches w/medals or whatever you thing the sweetspot for the numbers should be.)

How does the deserter debuff prevent the afk in a corner?

It doesn't, people will still do it if not for their dailies, then for Valor or Exp - pre L50.

Deserter debuff is an awful, draconian measure that just creates more problems. I've quit all of 3 times in god knows how many hundreds and hundreds of WZs. I get kicked or glitched out of WZs very regularly, though.

For people like me? Punishes me for doing nothing wrong.