Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I had a premonition last night

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
I had a premonition last night

sithBracer
08.14.2014 , 08:16 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
So after GCD 2, why didn't you just hit Resilience/Force Shroud to remove all the DoTs, and make you immune to everything he had except hammer shots? Resilience/Shroud screws over Pyro PTs/Assault VGs like no tomorrow
It's funny that you mention that. It was on CD from the previous fight. I ganked him when he was coming out of respawn in huttball; he got so angry that he just started looking for me. My resilience and hard stun was on CD and my PW was preset a little while before close to where we were about to fight. I didn't think the fight would be hard so I went in while the CDs was still up. Lesson learned, don't underestimate angry people who actually go looking for you for revenge. But either way my original point stands. Plus it's not like he couldn't reapply the DoT after 3 seconds.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Aelanis
08.14.2014 , 08:20 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
It's funny that you mention that. It was on CD from the previous fight. I ganked him when he was coming out of respawn in huttball; he got so angry that he just started looking for me. My resilience and hard stun was on CD and my PW was preset a little while before close to where we were about to fight. I didn't think the fight would be hard so I went in while the CDs was still up. Lesson learned, don't underestimate angry people who actually go looking for you for revenge. But either way my original point stands. Plus it's not like he couldn't reapply the DoT after 3 seconds.
So.... you're saying that you can't win a fight with him while your 2 main counters to him are on cooldown, and that's why you couldn't beat him, not because you had to open with 2 not-as-good moves. And no, he couldn't just reapply his dots, his Thermal Detonator has a 12 second cooldown, so he could have reapplied incendiary missile, and waited another almost 9 seconds to get his other dot up. You literally just said that you shouldn't have picked the fight because you were at a huge disadvantage. That's not a very convincing argument.
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

sithBracer
08.14.2014 , 08:41 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelanis View Post
So.... you're saying that you can't win a fight with him while your 2 main counters to him are on cooldown, and that's why you couldn't beat him, not because you had to open with 2 not-as-good moves. And no, he couldn't just reapply his dots, his Thermal Detonator has a 12 second cooldown, so he could have reapplied incendiary missile, and waited another almost 9 seconds to get his other dot up. You literally just said that you shouldn't have picked the fight because you were at a huge disadvantage. That's not a very convincing argument.
I should not have picked the fight with him. I never asked for a PT nerf (mostly because I don't know much about it, I don't play it). It doesn't change my argument at all.

I know that writing to you is like writing to a brick wall, since either you don't have the intelligence to read, or you just have some kind of problem with me, but I'll try once more.

The reason I don't like this change is NOT because I think it will hinder 1v1 fights (which is what you are probably thinking even though I explained it to you multiple times). In a 1v1 node fight, there are ways around and unless a sin gets very unlucky the opener will be similar. Ok get that? Too hard for you?

I already explained my position to you more than once, but you just don't want to accept it. My problem with this is once again, 1. it will make it harder for us to fight in mid fights and we are already weak in mid as it is and 2. it will hurt the hard switch comp in ranked group arenas and give even less reason to use deception instead of madness.

The PT 5 GCD story was simply used as a way of saying that fights in PvP can end very quickly and getting out quick burst is what wins the fights.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

johnbgood
08.14.2014 , 09:20 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelanis View Post
It's a nerf only if you could have 2-3 shotted them. After the 4th global, you've used the same moves between 2.9 and 2.10, and your next Breach is coming sooner in 2.9. You are also going to be doing more damage with your Technique, and using fewer Saber Strikes (by just a little). They nerfed us only in extremely short fights, anything past the first few seconds is a very large buff.
it's not only 2-3 shooting them, but bringing them to 30% execute range before they are able to pop def-cd's. in short 1vs1 fights we did not need to saber strike anyway thanks to shadow's respite. i'm surprised nobody mentioned yet the lowslash -> force potency -> mindcrush combo which will be little trickier with the change.

Aelanis
08.14.2014 , 05:22 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by johnbgood View Post
it's not only 2-3 shooting them, but bringing them to 30% execute range before they are able to pop def-cd's. in short 1vs1 fights we did not need to saber strike anyway thanks to shadow's respite. i'm surprised nobody mentioned yet the lowslash -> force potency -> mindcrush combo which will be little trickier with the change.
If Breach > Project used to bring them down to execute range, they could only have had 22k hp. I haven't ever seen that in a warzone, and I assumed 8.5k and 7.5k crits, which are a little high, though if they had the gear to have a total hp that low, you'd probably hit them as hard. It's even after a third hit, you'd have to hit around 22k damage to bring them that low. That would include a lucky Shadow Strike crit. 3 shotting someone to 30% just isn't that likely. And they'll pop a DCD after your opening hit if they're reasonably good, so there's almost no chance you'll hit them hard enough to 3 hit them to execute range.
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands