Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I had a premonition last night

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
I had a premonition last night

sithBracer's Avatar


sithBracer
04.11.2014 , 10:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
That entirely defeats the purpose of Low Slash. It wouldn't even make sense if they were to do that. I would legit rage in real life and perhaps break some stuff. Like my laptop.
And replacing the KD on hidden strike with a root made sense?

Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Considering fighting people in similar gear, I assure you it's not 'gearing up'. Shadow burst is middle-of-the-damn pack. Ranged atm (especially mercs) are doing some things... Heck, even Veng are hitting 10ks on the regular. I highly doubt this class would get any nerfs the way it is. It would be insanely illogical.
2 words: "concealment op".

It's pretty obvious the BW team loves the sniper and they are slowly killing any opposition to it. First it was concealment, next it will be us ... Lets enjoy these times and burst and low slash to our hearts contempt. One day we will look back on this time and remember it as "the good old days".
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
04.12.2014 , 04:28 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
2 words: "concealment op".

It's pretty obvious the BW team loves the sniper and they are slowly killing any opposition to it. First it was concealment, next it will be us ... Lets enjoy these times and burst and low slash to our hearts contempt. One day we will look back on this time and remember it as "the good old days".
I know people like to compare concealment and deception but they're really not the same. It's like comparing a feral druid and a rogue. The feral leaning closer to the Assassin. I should also mention that Concealment puts up some good numbers in the PvE department, whilst Deception - not really. So again, if they were to nerf Deception (which I highly doubt this would remotely happen) they'd have to nerf the whole game.

PS: The love for Snipers in this game is over the top and very obvious BW.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

DarthSpekulatius's Avatar


DarthSpekulatius
04.14.2014 , 02:26 AM | #23
they'll probably require Surging charge to get the 30% AOE DR from Fade

(that would suck then I would have to play seriously against Brontes . though we didn't have the DPS to kill the first Droid in the Laser phase, is Shadow Tank-Infil Hybrid less Godlike below 50%?)

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
04.14.2014 , 10:18 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpekulatius View Post
they'll probably require Surging charge to get the 30% AOE DR from Fade

(that would suck then I would have to play seriously against Brontes . though we didn't have the DPS to kill the first Droid in the Laser phase, is Shadow Tank-Infil Hybrid less Godlike below 50%?)
I doubt this would happen. Heaven forbid we have some form of tank.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

sithBracer's Avatar


sithBracer
04.14.2014 , 10:36 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
I know people like to compare concealment and deception but they're really not the same. It's like comparing a feral druid and a rogue. The feral leaning closer to the Assassin. I should also mention that Concealment puts up some good numbers in the PvE department, whilst Deception - not really. So again, if they were to nerf Deception (which I highly doubt this would remotely happen) they'd have to nerf the whole game.

PS: The love for Snipers in this game is over the top and very obvious BW.
The nerf to concealment doesn't affect PvE at all so they didn't nerf it for PvE reasons. It was completely a PvP nerf that made absolutely no sense to me. If the premonition is true, they will probably nerf low slash and make it a root or a snare, but in return will allow us to maul people from any side with the duplicity proc. It will happen right alongside a "nerf sorc, buff sniper" patch.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Jiminison's Avatar


Jiminison
04.15.2014 , 11:13 PM | #26
Kinetic needs a little more boost,actually doesn't our tank form penalize our dps like 5% if so maybe time to remove that penalty after you spec to top of tree.

DarthSpekulatius's Avatar


DarthSpekulatius
04.16.2014 , 12:59 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jiminison View Post
Kinetic needs a little more boost,actually doesn't our tank form penalize our dps like 5% if so maybe time to remove that penalty after you spec to top of tree.
KC does enough DPS for PVE and i doubt such a small increase would matter in PVP even if the survivability (tankyness if that's a correct word) was fine.

also, we are discussing possible nerfs here not buffs.

Altheran's Avatar


Altheran
04.16.2014 , 01:29 AM | #28
I think all this "Shadow/Assassin burst is good it will be nerfed someday" that we often see in the PvP forums (and remotely here as well), is bullcrap.
Shadows'/Assassins' burst is way overrated.

What my Infiltration Shadow do with Force Breach plus Project plus Shadow Strike, my Vigilance Guardian do with Plasma Brand plus Overhead Slash plus first half of Master Strike.
Maybe Plasma Brand will result with a weaker oomph because it's half DoT but my Guardian as also the other half of Master Strike, and auto crit Blade Storm, and possibly a procced Dispatch.

The only offensive thing that my Guardian has not, is a CD that make the crit likely. But his burst isn't potentially lower... on the contrary, I can maintain my equally worth burst for a longer time.
It just need to go against regular RNG, unlike Shadows who almost skip RNG checks sometimes, but not all of the time.
And when it fails at RNG, my Guardian's burst hits are still actually something, unlike my Shadow's which will only be "another random hit".

Shadow's burst really isn't much better than a Vigilance Guardian's, and Vigilance Guardians aren't known for their impressive burst.

DarthSpekulatius's Avatar


DarthSpekulatius
04.16.2014 , 02:09 AM | #29
guardians have this huge reliance on the Master strike channel though. Shadows don't have a channeled ability (one of the main reasons why i like the class so much).

Altheran's Avatar


Altheran
04.16.2014 , 02:19 AM | #30
But it roots the target, so channeling is not really an issue.

In addition, I only need the first 1.5s (two first hits) to achieve something similar of one Shadow's "big hitters", so the third hit, although the biggest one, is only bonus at that point. I can be controlled for all i care, a good burst has already been thrown.