Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I had a premonition last night

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
I had a premonition last night

StrikePrice
04.11.2014 , 11:20 AM | #1
We are going to get nerfed. I fear 2.8.

Aelanis
04.11.2014 , 11:53 AM | #2
Seriously? What is there to nerf? Infiltration in PVP is good, but not OP. Our DPS in PVE is in dead last. Tanking in PVP is pretty frustrating, not to mention their talk of making tanking better in PVP as a whole. And for PVE, if there's an OP tank, it's the Guardian, with an insane CD suite and Pretty decent passive defenses as they are, not to mention they got another cooldown in Focused Defense. We are in no position to get a nerf.
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

Vodrin
04.11.2014 , 11:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelanis View Post
Seriously? What is there to nerf? Infiltration in PVP is good, but not OP. Our DPS in PVE is in dead last. Tanking in PVP is pretty frustrating, not to mention their talk of making tanking better in PVP as a whole. And for PVE, if there's an OP tank, it's the Guardian, with an insane CD suite and Pretty decent passive defenses as they are, not to mention they got another cooldown in Focused Defense. We are in no position to get a nerf.
Only thing I could see is Shadow/sin being affected by BW's effort to reduce the amount of hard CC in the game. Otherwise I do not see them being anywhere near first in line for a nerf.

Aelanis
04.11.2014 , 12:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodrin View Post
Only thing I could see is Shadow/sin being affected by BW's effort to reduce the amount of hard CC in the game. Otherwise I do not see them being anywhere near first in line for a nerf.
We don't really have much more hard CC than other classes, though. Spinning Kick lasts all of 2 seconds and Force Stun is pretty standard at 4 seconds. Vanguards have better hard CC, as they can multi-target with Neural Surge, and they have Cryo Grenade as well. I mean, if they leave every class with a single hard CC, then that's going to change the metagame a lot, and not affect just Shadows. I think the OP meant he thinks we have a class specific nerf incoming.
Dulfy Guides: Hatred, Serenity, Darkness, Kinetic Combat
Ellendra - Death MarkExit Area - Theraton
The Shadowlands

IInox
04.11.2014 , 02:33 PM | #5
mmmm yes so we will be a **** also on pvp? yeah.

can we hold a good *********** place in one of the end game side?

btw I don't think we will get a nerf, we are maybe NEAR to be op but we are not, we are just pretty good.

Evolixe
04.11.2014 , 03:29 PM | #6
A nerf? To burst, slightly, maybe. Anything else would be stupid.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

StrikePrice
04.11.2014 , 03:34 PM | #7
I don't think we need a nerf either. I think we need a couple buffs in Kinetic Combat mostly. I'm just scared. Things are too quiet. The change from a knockdown to a stun was too light of a touch. :scared:

IInox
04.11.2014 , 04:03 PM | #8
mah maybe fix bonus from expertise. TTK will be always less if they don't compensate the increase of dmg from gear improvement.

Xinika
04.11.2014 , 04:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
A nerf? To burst, slightly, maybe. Anything else would be stupid.
Why on earth would they nerf our burst? Have you seen what Snipers / Sorcs / Mercs do right now? Assassin burst seems right in line if you ask me.

If anything I see buffs in the future and rightfully so.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Evolixe
04.11.2014 , 04:40 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Why on earth would they nerf our burst? Have you seen what Snipers / Sorcs / Mercs do right now? Assassin burst seems right in line if you ask me.

If anything I see buffs in the future and rightfully so.
I havn't played much pvp since 2.7, but i dont think now is a right time to judge since people are in a transition of gearing up.

And while we are talking about 2.7 anyway, I didn't notice any resolve increase for spinning kick.
There wasn't one, was there?
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server