Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are Ships and Guildships so pointless!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why are Ships and Guildships so pointless!!!

Sarlegant
06.20.2019 , 06:13 PM | #41
it is 8 ships, not 1... the layouts are different, not much room to begin with. So on a list of things I'd want, this is not even on the list. A big investment of Dev time, for something most people would seldom use.

I'll continue to travel via the Activities portals, or the Map protals.. those take me directly where I'm going, with one cutscene, instead of the ship's several cutscenes.

Darka
06.20.2019 , 06:30 PM | #42
One thing they could do to improve your class ship is allow for more customisation
Allow players to decorate them like Strongholds

However I have always felt the ships felt more like a location rather than a ship, if that makes sense
The Defender Program est 2006 Presents
THE UNCIVILLISED SWOOP CLUB
@Darkatron @DefenderProgram @Uncivillised on Facebook/Twitter
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

robertthebard
06.21.2019 , 06:57 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
One thing they could do to improve your class ship is allow for more customisation
Allow players to decorate them like Strongholds

However I have always felt the ships felt more like a location rather than a ship, if that makes sense
It feels like home. I was all over "let us decorate the ships instead of spending time and money on SHs, when they were first announced. There was something about the stages for the cutscenes for comp dialogs/stories that do take place on the ship that prohibited that though. At least as far as I remember. I need the Item Modification station on my ship, and I'd never visit my SHs again. Well, not much, unless I'm running nublettes again, and I need to before they get their ships.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

RameiArashi
06.21.2019 , 07:59 AM | #44
I miss having my ship, not a generic Alliance ship in cut scenes. Allowing using map to travel to planets without boarding ship rendered them useless accept as quest hubs. Still need to get some quests from the ship's console after doing class story.