What class

Lothahr

I am a returning player and have come back with a group of friends - Problem everyone is a jedi. I have a sent because well...I am a sucker for FOTM I guess, but I do feel like we will need more variation in our group. I am wanting to be DPS as we have tanks and healers covered (mostly) and I want to be able to PvP and PvE with relative success. I am not remotely interested in stealth builds at all. With this information please suggest and if possible explain why I should play the suggested class with pros and cons if yall don't mind. Thanks in advance.

Well if you're a sucker for fotm... fury mara, arsenal merc, or marksman/engineering sniper.

Mara: high parsing, high burst, speedy, good defensives.

Merc: 3 lives, mobile ranged class

Sniper: less mobile and dependent on cover, but good survivability if played well.

Edited by KendraP

If you want to be a non jedi and a good dps in both pvp and pve I'd recommend either Commando or Gunslinger. Gunsliger provides better dps for PvE imo and is also quite good in PvP if you learn how to kite properly. Commando's have a bit of an easier time surviving in PvP, but pays for it when it comes to dps.

The only other non-jedi, non-stealth class on repside is Vanguard. I'd recommend to stay away from Vanguard in PvP unless you're just really into Vanguards. They're really squishy. They do however pack quite a punch. Tactics has incredible burst, and Plasmatech has quite impressive sustained dps and solid AoE. It's the best of the bunch for PvE, but again very squishy for PvP.

We are playing republic not empire so...I do have a sentinel so mara but im looking for something non jedi, not stealth based. Good dps and good in PvE and Pvp

The classes are direct mirrors and 2/3 of my recommendations were for non-jedi, non-stealth classes.

If you want to be a non jedi and a good dps in both pvp and pve I'd recommend either Commando or Gunslinger. Gunsliger provides better dps for PvE imo and is also quite good in PvP if you learn how to kite properly. Commando's have a bit of an easier time surviving in PvP, but pays for it when it comes to dps.

The only other non-jedi, non-stealth class on repside is Vanguard. I'd recommend to stay away from Vanguard in PvP unless you're just really into Vanguards. They're really squishy. They do however pack quite a punch. Tactics has incredible burst, and Plasmatech has quite impressive sustained dps and solid AoE. It's the best of the bunch for PvE, but again very squishy for PvP.

I am interested in the trooper, I dont think i quite like the gunslinger. I also found out we have 2 people playing commando and i think maybe a third is too much. My question would be then - Can tactics vg be good in arenas or will i be a liability to my team? Also does commando me all of the dps checks for PvE?

I am interested in the trooper, I dont think i quite like the gunslinger. I also found out we have 2 people playing commando and i think maybe a third is too much. My question would be then - Can tactics vg be good in arenas or will i be a liability to my team? Also does commando me all of the dps checks for PvE?

If you have a dedicated healer Tactics can pack a wallop. However in PvP you will struggle. Defense on Vanguards are just not there. At all.

In PVP there might be a somewhat steep learning curve as a tactics vanguard surviving wise if you don't often have a healer. However, their burst is amazing and they can be very good in a team setup (lots of good utilities like AoE stun, pull, rebounder, stealth scan, taunt, etc.). If you queue as a team and you learn to be very good no you won't be a liability. However, it is easier on a commando.

In PVE, vanguards are great. Tactics performs very well on every single fight in the game (plasma is also fun though). A lot of groups love having a PT DPS around (especially if you don't have a PT tank or another DPS with taunt). As for DPS checks unless you are talking about a few very specific master mode bosses, every single spec is able to do every single DPS check. Even then... Yes some classes have more potential than others, but all DPS classes can do all content.