Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did I pick the wrong advanced class??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Did I pick the wrong advanced class??

jackalious
01.09.2012 , 11:33 PM | #1
I'm not flaming but it seems that during PvP Assassins just don't hold up. I know we aren't rouges but our sister class is rocking the PvP world in both light and dark side. I see most sorcerers doing anywhere from 150k to 300k in damages but the assassins might get 99k or lower in damage.

Well I haven't been big into PvP on a mass scale like warzones to drive that point home I'm only a level 10 in valor. So I only have about 10-15 matches. Now I don't want to own the show I just want to compete. I just don't want the group I'm in saying great we have three assassins we are going to get owned.

Please let me know what you think or let me know a build that I can compete. I'm trying to pvp so I can get better gear and learn a different aspect of this game.

kainsec
01.09.2012 , 11:39 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by jackalious View Post
I'm not flaming but it seems that during PvP Assassins just don't hold up. I know we aren't rouges but our sister class is rocking the PvP world in both light and dark side. I see most sorcerers doing anywhere from 150k to 300k in damages but the assassins might get 99k or lower in damage.

Well I haven't been big into PvP on a mass scale like warzones to drive that point home I'm only a level 10 in valor. So I only have about 10-15 matches. Now I don't want to own the show I just want to compete. I just don't want the group I'm in saying great we have three assassins we are going to get owned.

Please let me know what you think or let me know a build that I can compete. I'm trying to pvp so I can get better gear and learn a different aspect of this game.
Sorcs actually do meh damage. The difference with Sorcs is they do sustained damage, have range, and have multiple AoEs. Sins do not have the luxury of those advantages our only AoEs worth anything (read not lacerate)are mutually exclusive of one another.

At higher levels with better gear performance does pick up once you find which of the 4 prime specs work for you and put your own little variant twist on it. Its not unusual for me in Madness or Darkness spec to break 250-300k since they rely on sustained damage (dots and high survival respectively). Deception usually clocks less damage but has a much faster TTK (time to kill) on victims.
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

Hyfy
01.10.2012 , 05:14 AM | #3
I would just like to point out that, while yes the Assassin and the Sorc do come from the same base class, the two Advanced Classes are very different beasts all together. The play styles and goals are decidedly different. I'm not going to say one is better then the other, but rather they have different aspects they do better independent of one another. Anyways my suggestion is to just go in and have fun playing what you want to play. If the spec you're trying isn't fun or isn't working out like you'd want in PvP then you can try a different spec out for ***** and grins. Experiment a bit and see what you like.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid