Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions for the Assassin

Vojjin
01.09.2012 , 09:38 AM | #1
Hello everyone!
I'm leveling an Assassin tank right now and I'm wondering about the companions that the Inquisitor gets.
It seems most classes gets a companion early on who can heal you and do at least some amount damage in combat, the inquisitor gets a tank, then a droid who isnt usefeul until you have ALOT of good gear for him, then another DPS, then another DPS, THEN close to level 40 we get a comapnion who is actually useful.

I spend most of my time in game right now Seething to get my health back, meanwhile I see Agents, Bounty Hunters, Sorcerers and warriors cutting through packs of enemies hardly without any downtime.
I can undertsand the pacing of companions for the Sorcerer half of the Inquisitor, but for the assassin it is absolutely insane.

I know this sounds like alot of QQ but I am actually serious, are the companions badly paced and/or designed for the Assassin?

Thank you for your time

theonepanda
01.09.2012 , 09:42 AM | #2
The droid is fine.

He's a great healer with ZERO gear. Just try him.

Your order of companions is

Tank
Droid (healer)
Ranged DPS
Melee DPS
Healer (ranged)
Tank
Fear the panda

Vojjin
01.09.2012 , 09:53 AM | #3
ok, maybe the droid can be used, but his Voice Acting makes it close to impossible xD

Exiled-Phoenix
01.09.2012 , 10:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Vojjin View Post
ok, maybe the droid can be used, but his Voice Acting makes it close to impossible xD
Indeed, thats the only down side.
But his healing makes you very hard to kill in PvE, just keep the mobs away from him.

theonepanda
01.09.2012 , 10:17 AM | #5
Guess what: the droid gets a huge update next patch!

"Droid will no longer say crafting phrases while in combat."

Biggest buff ever =o
Fear the panda

Brainspackle
01.09.2012 , 11:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by theonepanda View Post
Guess what: the droid gets a huge update next patch!

"Droid will no longer say crafting phrases while in combat."

Biggest buff ever =o
Thank god. This droid talking is actually my biggest complaint with the game. Other than him being annoying, I've loved every minute of SWTOR.

Sentient_Six
01.09.2012 , 10:59 PM | #7
I still don't get why they would give an Assassin tank companion to an Assassin tank.

Xalek gets all my leftovers, which means he's better geared than most actual people on the server, but I never use him.

sankalp
01.09.2012 , 11:03 PM | #8
as deception, I love khem. I use the pirate if they are lots of low lvl enemies, but for any decent fight, Khem it is!!!!

I also like his dialogues.