Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanksassin advice? lvl 35

MrSteak
01.09.2012 , 05:07 PM | #11
I've noticed the same thing. I'm 41 and things don't die as quickly as I'd like. I have a DPS companion most of the time, but when I see a gold elite, I bring out my healer. Fights take a little longer, but they tend to end with me being alive, which is the entire point of being a tank. You outlive your opponents. You don't kill them with your high damage, you just wail on each other and they die first because you're more resilient.

There IS a trick to tanking as an assassin though and that's abusing interrupts. You see a blue bar you interrupt the **** out of it. Otherwise all those guys with Full Auto are going to wreck you.

Exiled-Phoenix
01.09.2012 , 11:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSteak View Post
I've noticed the same thing. I'm 41 and things don't die as quickly as I'd like. I have a DPS companion most of the time, but when I see a gold elite, I bring out my healer. Fights take a little longer, but they tend to end with me being alive, which is the entire point of being a tank. You outlive your opponents. You don't kill them with your high damage, you just wail on each other and they die first because you're more resilient.

There IS a trick to tanking as an assassin though and that's abusing interrupts. You see a blue bar you interrupt the **** out of it. Otherwise all those guys with Full Auto are going to wreck you.
The only times i get wrecked in PvE is when i let my guard down on dark ward for a few seconds.
Not complaining about my survivability, just my damage output as a tank.