Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Assassins Read up!

Cowflab
01.09.2012 , 10:20 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by LilTikiBoy View Post
Dark Embrace, Fade, and Obsuscation... thats 3. Id probably even include Darkswell as well, bringing the total up to 4 talents that help stealth. and as for an alpha strike from stealth we do have spike.... it just sucks unless you spec darkness.
I said that synergize us with stealth, not help stealth. Although I do believe stealth is a big tool in our tool box, I don't believe our class revolves around it like say the operative. Spike really isn't what I would consider an alpha strike, because it can be specd into to make it a nonstealth ability. I'm talking about an ambush style alpha strike.

eonfoo
01.09.2012 , 10:49 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
I said that synergize us with stealth, not help stealth. Although I do believe stealth is a big tool in our tool box, I don't believe our class revolves around it like say the operative. Spike really isn't what I would consider an alpha strike, because it can be specd into to make it a nonstealth ability. I'm talking about an ambush style alpha strike.
Might have to give up on it Cowflab. I can look at your posts from outside the box and see what it is your saying... I'm also not an idiot.

Just because a class has a few similar abilities from a class of a different game doesn't mean they are the same class. Most people don't see that.

sankalp
01.09.2012 , 10:53 PM | #43
Reading this thread makes me pat my back for never playing wow. I play my assassin without bias or comparisons with other classes/games etc.

On topic though, I am relatively low and generally use maul from stealth. I play on a crap comp and end up with 10fps if imm lucky, so I do find times when I try and maul and it fails.
but reading up on various playstyles and then trying them in PvE is really working wonders for me.

LilTikiBoy
01.09.2012 , 11:03 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by eonfoo View Post
Might have to give up on it Cowflab. I can look at your posts from outside the box and see what it is your saying... I'm also not an idiot.

Just because a class has a few similar abilities from a class of a different game doesn't mean they are the same class. Most people don't see that.
this would be fine if we were actually talking about a "a few" abilties, but were not. were talking about over 1/2 of our abilities being mirrored from "a class from a different game" since you cant say rogue, minus an opener, which """I""" feel is a flaw and not a game mechanic since they obviously tried to give us one with spike.
Peace is a lie, and so is the cake!

CE VIP R.I.P .