Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please tell me it gets better at 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Please tell me it gets better at 50

Vennge
01.09.2012 , 08:25 PM | #1
No attempt to flame the class at all, just a question.

I am in awe with subpar threats I make in PvP as deception to my foes. I try to use every ability to maximize my potential as a player with frustrating results. My sin was my first class I rolled then I left him in the dust for my maruader, which are now both the same level (37)

Anyways, when opening up on someone, I feel like I just tickle them, especially sorcs, and operatives can blow me up under 5 seconds if allowed. Now given, 50's have a huge advantage with maximum talents and skills, + expertise ..but I feel as of lately I am been getting down a bit with my sin. Anyone who plays at 50 shine some light at me? some pointers or anything would be great. Questions like, do you use dark charge over surging for survival? What stats do you focus on aside from crit? what's your rotation (I find myself only using thrash, maul, assassinate when the opportunity strikes , slows, stuns , discharge, watching my procs up to x5 and reduced force cost and w/e is situation intensive such as defensive or survival cooldowns)

kiveb
01.09.2012 , 08:31 PM | #2
it gets better, then it gets worse, and then it gets better.

You really need to get some lvl 50 pvp gear for things to look up, especially now when many ppl already are well geared.

I'd suggest to go darkness, it's a bit easier to be effective in pvp until you get the gear you need and it's really good for pve aswell.

Vennge
01.09.2012 , 08:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by kiveb View Post
it gets better, then it gets worse, and then it gets better.

You really need to get some lvl 50 pvp gear for things to look up, especially now when many ppl already are well geared.

I'd suggest to go darkness, it's a bit easier to be effective in pvp until you get the gear you need and it's really good for pve aswell.
I mean, I started going to warzones when the game was launched up and I was like, okay this is neat, I manage to global people..now that I decided to stick to questing and mastering the credits...I come back into the field to find myself constantly surrounded by 50's in top notch gear, mainly sorcs and operative, just laughing away at my ticklish hits xD

Cowflab
01.09.2012 , 08:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Vennge View Post
I mean, I started going to warzones when the game was launched up and I was like, okay this is neat, I manage to global people..now that I decided to stick to questing and mastering the credits...I come back into the field to find myself constantly surrounded by 50's in top notch gear, mainly sorcs and operative, just laughing away at my ticklish hits xD
Well, did you honestly expect it to be different now that you're level 37 and you're trying to blow up well geared 50's? When you played at launch you were going up against opponents that were equal level and geared or lower. For the most part it seems like you play the spec right but without actually seeing how you play firsthand it'd be hard for anyone to point out any technique flaws. You just have to try and close the level and gear gap because it does make a huge difference, whether we all want to admit it or not. You will still be able to make easy work of an equally leveled and geared opponent but you cannot expect to steamroll a max leveled, well geared opponent at your level.

It will get better once you're 50. That is one positive you can go away from this thread with, you just have to keep your expectations in the realistic zone until you're to the level of said competition.

Vennge
01.09.2012 , 09:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
Well, did you honestly expect it to be different now that you're level 37 and you're trying to blow up well geared 50's? When you played at launch you were going up against opponents that were equal level and geared or lower. For the most part it seems like you play the spec right but without actually seeing how you play firsthand it'd be hard for anyone to point out any technique flaws. You just have to try and close the level and gear gap because it does make a huge difference, whether we all want to admit it or not. You will still be able to make easy work of an equally leveled and geared opponent but you cannot expect to steamroll a max leveled, well geared opponent at your level.

It will get better once you're 50. That is one positive you can go away from this thread with, you just have to keep your expectations in the realistic zone until you're to the level of said competition.
Yeah I am hoping so, not to gloat or anything , but I consider myself relatively competent (played competitive fps for a years and WoW pvp since Season 1 with 2K+ experience so only time I would ever get rolled is in solo ques is when it's against an organized group xD

kiveb
01.09.2012 , 09:30 PM | #6
The experience you posted doesnt translate much into this game though. When gear no longer is a problem you still need to know what the classes can do to you and you to them.

Vennge
01.09.2012 , 09:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by kiveb View Post
The experience you posted doesnt translate much into this game though. When gear no longer is a problem you still need to know what the classes can do to you and you to them.
It translates perfectly, because to play within that experience means that I've observed and experienced what classes can do to me and what I can do to them in previous games meaning I am taking the same approach towards this game because everyone has a weak and strong point, some having higher advantages than others. I don't see how your response is anywhere relevant to the topic though. Let's stay on point here with all respect.