Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Build Critique

Muppetnz
01.09.2012 , 07:09 PM | #1
Can someone take a look at my build and offer any suggestions or improvement?

23/14/4
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrokrckZhGbMkZs.1

I've been using it for the past 2 days with great effect. I think it gives me all the tools I need and enough oomph from Deception to be a threat.

My usual combo is:
Spike - Maul - Thrash - Thrash - Shock and throw in whatever jolts, electricute and aditional spikes as needed. Obviously finishing with an Exploit Weakness Maul and Assassinate.

PS, I'm not looking for any WoW **** (never played it) nor am I looking for "OMG noob play 23/0/18 or else you suck". I'm looking to improve on what I have. If you think I should shift point A to point B, please provide a reason
Muppet Cravesyou 50/30 Assassin
Wholesale Painting Goods
The Swiftsure

Ziem
01.09.2012 , 07:53 PM | #2
What is this for? PvP, leveling, PvE?

Muppetnz
01.09.2012 , 08:00 PM | #3
Thought it was obvious given my signature but anyway.

PvP.
Muppet Cravesyou 50/30 Assassin
Wholesale Painting Goods
The Swiftsure

hrhesse
01.09.2012 , 08:04 PM | #4
Looks good to me.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I wouldn't use that rotation for this build. I would save Maul for when Exploit Weakness procs despite the initial high out-of-stealth regen. And just because Spike is our only stealth opener (and as you know, it's not even that with a Darkness heavy build) doesn't mean we actually have to open with it. I personally only use it as an interupt or a smaller stun before Electrocute.

When I'm running Darkness heavy, I use a similar spec (23/18/0) and a very boring rotation of Thrash until I build Induction stacks and Energize, and then Shock. Maul when Exploit Weakness is up, but generally just go between Shock and Thrash. For that reason, I really recommend grabbing Electrify instead of Sith Defiance.

I prefer the utility of Fade and Static Cling over Exploitive Strikes, but I can see how the latter would work really well - but it's yet another reason to trigger an Energized Shock as early and often in the rotation as possible.