Difficulty leveling as Jugg?

Arzamar

I am having a real hard time at lvl 36 on Taris right now as a Jugg. I cant even use jaesa, because I need Quinn to heal me otherwise I will die. I'm saddled with orange gear and some pretty good mods, plus I'm vengeance spec idk what the problem is, do I need to go back to immortal?

All other classes I see lvling have such an easier time, it's like my heavy armor does nothing. Are there any tips or tricks I don't know? DIsclaimer: I don't have a 50 this is my first char.

Im Level 26 now... I have completely lost interest in leveling through side quests, as it just takes soo long to take down packs and you end up channeling 3-5 seconds after every one.

I am an immortal jugg with the dps companion.

I am thinking about starting an assasin or marauder too.

Vette's grenade attack is off by default. Turn it on and your AE packs should go down a little faster. You're still going to have to *gasp* actually channel for a few seconds after the fights though.

I leveled as an immortal juggernaut and always used either Vette or Jaesa for DPS except for a few boss fights where I used Quinn to keep me alive. If I had been a DPS warrior I'd have happily used Quinn all the time. But you do have to realize that a Vengeance Juggernaut isn't going to have the survivability that an Immortal Juggernaut does. By going Vengeance you made the choice to sacrifice survivability in exchange for extra damage.

One thing I always noticed while leveling though was how much faster a Sorcerer could kill things than I could. If all you really care about is downing packs fast, that's definitely a good class to play.

Edited by Xargyn

Thanks for the tips. It does make sense that I have to use quinn (plus my jugg is female so she will bone him). I guess I realy hated having to channel to get my health back up from 40% with jaesa. I was immortal up until lvl 24, might go back to it. How is rage spec for killing things compared to vengeance spec?

Side note: will be playing a powertech next because they are so cool and powerful :)

Also I'm at 3 days /played and about level 37, is that slow? It seems really slow.

Edited by Arzamar

Im Level 26 now... I have completely lost interest in leveling through side quests, as it just takes soo long to take down packs and you end up channeling 3-5 seconds after every one.

I am an immortal jugg with the dps companion.

I am thinking about starting an assasin or marauder too.

this is how it goes. if u dont like it.... -------------------->

going on easier mobs will reduce the need for recuperation after the fight.

How is rage spec for killing things compared to vengeance spec?

Rage is awesome for leveling and it only gets better past 40. You can mow down regular mobs very very quickly (comparing to any other Jug or Mara spec) but there's really no problem with strongs/elites either - admittedly Anni Maras have an edge when it comes to single-target sustained damage but as a Rage Jug I've had zero issues finishing my class quests about 2 levels ahead of what they were labled as (finished Act 1 at 29, Act 3 at 48). The spec also offers added mobility (Oblitirate is basically a short-range charge) and the best burst of all SW specs, so it's just plain and simple more fun to play, IMO.

On a side note all SW DPS specs (Mara or Jug) do better with a pocket healer; in other words, Quinn is your best option for easier leveling. It''s not impossible to do it with a DPS companion but it certainly makes for longer downtime between pulls, at the very least.

Edited by direborne

I am having a real hard time at lvl 36 on Taris right now as a Jugg. I cant even use jaesa, because I need Quinn to heal me otherwise I will die. I'm saddled with orange gear and some pretty good mods, plus I'm vengeance spec idk what the problem is, do I need to go back to immortal?

All other classes I see lvling have such an easier time, it's like my heavy armor does nothing. Are there any tips or tricks I don't know? DIsclaimer: I don't have a 50 this is my first char.

I finished my class-quest at lvl 46, and i've never used a healing companion, or had problems with anything really. But i play as a Immortal with Cybertech so my gear is constanly being updated. I just tanked everything, doing OK-damage, while i geared Vette to do the real killing while i controll things. As immortal i spent fairly little downtime aswell, of course you'll have to channel here and there, but if you need a boost you have 2 awesome defensive cooldowns and 2 stuns. You still gotta want to play tank and not dps if this is to work though :p

I just can't stomach Quinn at all, he's been stuck in the ship since the second i got him. I wish i could freeze him into a carbonite statue, for all the good he does me.

Edited by biojava

this is how it goes. if u dont like it.... -------------------->

going on easier mobs will reduce the need for recuperation after the fight.

I guess its more that I don't feel powerful... the fact that I have to channel a heal is not a big deal, the fact I take enough damage that if I pull 2 consecutive packs I die (or hopefully have cds and medpacks available) and that my damage feels very low, really ruins the feel of playing a Force user for me.

I have already unsubbed so if the game doesn't pick up for me I will just be another statistic, thanks for the condensation though.