Getting leaped on in cover.

bernieleung

Valor 8x Sniper here, and throughout my pvp experience, I have noticed countless instances of being force leapt to despite being in cover. I was just wondering if any other snipers are experiencing this, and whether or not this is a bug or is intended (-rolls eyes-). Feedback and input is appreciated.

I am a focus Sentinel and I can leap on dudes on cover using Zealous Leap. I hope this information could help you.

Yes, the Focus Tree's (which is shared by both Guardian and Sentinel) Zealous Leap works on targets in cover and, as far as can be discerned from tooltips, is meant to. I don't use Zealous Leap since my Guardian is a tank, but as far as I know Zealous Leap is only 10m range and doesn't interrupt actions, but works perfectly fine on targets in cover.

The base-class Force Leap does not work on you whilst in cover - I can most emphatically stress from my experience that Force Leap doesn't work on targets currently behind cover, as intended and sometimes (probably due to lag between me, the server and the other player) doesn't work even when the target comes out of cover...

I've been charged before while hunkered down in huttball. I was on the high ledge near the starting point. I had a juggernaut charge me from the middle ledge (right past the acid pit) to the high ledge (near the big pole when leaving your team's exit) and easily score. now would zealous leap's range even reach there?

I've been charged before while hunkered down in huttball. I was on the high ledge near the starting point. I had a juggernaut charge me from the middle ledge (right past the acid pit) to the high ledge (near the big pole when leaving your team's exit) and easily score. now would zealous leap's range even reach there?

10m range... so they have to be realitively close, but like the above poster... maybe his actual placement on the server was closer to you than your client was showing you. There is all kinds of visual lag in PvP.. especially in huttball with the ledges.

10m range... so they have to be realitively close, but like the above poster... maybe his actual placement on the server was closer to you than your client was showing you. There is all kinds of visual lag in PvP.. especially in huttball with the ledges.

This, I would suspect, is the case. Often in PvP the order of the day is to keep running towards the desired target jamming the hotkey for force or zealous leap (depending on what range) repeatedly so that as soon as one is in range, one leaps - any bit of lag could easily make it look like a longer leap on the client-side of the leap-ee I'm guessing.

When leaping to higher ledges, one can always jump and activate the force leap mid-air to get just within range, which is a perfectly valid tactic and may have been employed.