copy char to testserver...

TheHolgar

I completed that survey at least 15 times, yesterday and last night, and still none of my characters have been copied over. The part of this process that is confusing to me is timing. Was this survey supposed to trigger an automatic queue, or are these batches being manually copied over one at a time by someone? Are these batches being copied over in waves? If so, what frequency and when? After completing the survey, when should we expect to see something, How long should I wait to check the PTS after completing the survey? None of these questions are being answered. I just keep seeing the same statement being echoed over and over. "Fill out survey." "Check the server." Then you are supposed to rinse and repeat indefinitely. I guess I was just supposed to spam the survey until it happed... :confused:

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and now Friday. I've logged in probably 30 times per day. Still my 1 toon has not copied yet.

My server is dead as fried chicken, at least on the test server I can play the game again, and actually report bugs too. Oh well....

This company is so fail it hurts. Omg.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
We have completed the batch of copies - players who filled out the survey since the last copy should now be copied to the PTS. We did have some instances where the information was not filled out correctly, and unfortunately those characters could not be copied. Thanks to everyone for your interest in helping us test 1.3 - we're looking forward to your feedback and bug reports! Edited by AllisonBerryman

We have completed the batch of copies - players who filled out the survey since the last copy should now be copied to the PTS. We did have some instances where the information was not filled out correctly, and unfortunately those characters could not be copied. Thanks to everyone for your interest in helping us test 1.3 - we're looking forward to your feedback and bug reports!

No,mine did not get copied over you copied the same one that had been on there already instead of the one i filled out the form for and my information was filled out correctly..so now instead of having the one i asked for i have two of the same one.

Edited by Mallatic

We have completed the batch of copies - players who filled out the survey since the last copy should now be copied to the PTS. We did have some instances where the information was not filled out correctly, and unfortunately those characters could not be copied. Thanks to everyone for your interest in helping us test 1.3 - we're looking forward to your feedback and bug reports!

Yeah... Sorry, but I'm fairly certain that's not right. I filled out that survey last night. I triple checked the spelling of both my character and account name. I most certainly have not been copied either. While I guess I'm glad you're testing your transfers a fair amount before making them live, I'm sad that I'm not on the PTS. =(

I did fill out correctly, but I didn't get any comfirmation/denial about this, so I don't know if the request reached the service teams (allthough I filled it out SERVERAL times, just because of the reason that I didn't get any notification concerning my request).

How do I know if this in progress or not?

I initially filled out the survey the same day it was announced & when 1.3 went on to PTS I found two copies of my Shadow, one with a garbage name that prompted me to rename when selected. I did some initial testing (yay instant Project!) & I realized I'd much rather test with a different one of my 50s so I resubmitted, asking for my Guardian and Marauder to go over as well.

I see the dev post that the transfers have been completed, jump servers only to find that I now have a third copy of my Shadow to test with.

*sad trombone*

It would be nice for those of us who didn't get our characters copied over to understand what was "wrong" with our surveys. I mean it was pretty straight forward so unless we misspelled something, which I know I did not, there seems to be a serious disconnect between expectations and experience.

I checked the information I put in very carefully when I filled out the survey last (which was before the deadline), and still my character isn't copied over. I do think the system does need to be re-evaluated, because it does not seem to work as confidently as you might believe if so many of us still do not have characters copied over despite putting in the right information.

• Dev Post
I checked the information I put in very carefully when I filled out the survey last (which was before the deadline), and still my character isn't copied over. I do think the system does need to be re-evaluated, because it does not seem to work as confidently as you might believe if so many of us still do not have characters copied over despite putting in the right information.

There could be additional reasons for a character copy to fail (which we'll investigate) that are unknown, but one reason we could identify was not filling out the survey correctly. For any that failed for other reasons, we still may not be able to copy those characters, but we'll investigate the causes.

There could be additional reasons for a character copy to fail (which we'll investigate) that are unknown, but one reason we could identify was not filling out the survey correctly. For any that failed for other reasons, we still may not be able to copy those characters, but we'll investigate the causes.

Allison, @SWTOR tweeted only 40 minutes ago that transfers are still ongoing:

" We're still copying. Check back later tonight if you haven't been copied over yet! -KF"

Are they really finished for the day or not?

• Dev Post
Allison, @SWTOR tweeted only 40 minutes ago that transfers are still ongoing:

" We're still copying. Check back later tonight if you haven't been copied over yet! -KF"

Are they really finished for the day or not?

They are finished for the day - the copy process for today's batch has been completed.

Perhaps next time you should mention things like this first, something along the line of "unfortunalty we were not able to copy all those that filled out forms for a number of different reasons, one of which were forms filled out incorrectly, we are currently investigating these reason and will try to have some information soon", rather then your previous sweeping statment that it was all our fault for not typing correctly.

Thnx anyway

I also didn't get my 50 transferred over, and I know I didn't make any mistakes in the survey. Character name is the same as my account name ("Puli"). Not a huge deal but I would have liked to test out some of the Legacy perks as well as the new augment system.

I also didn't get my 50 transferred over, and I know I didn't make any mistakes in the survey. Character name is the same as my account name ("Puli"). Not a huge deal but I would have liked to test out some of the Legacy perks as well as the new augment system.

Yep I know the feeling it would have been nice to get to actually test things on the Test server since almost all the content that has been released to it has been upper level or end game. No one wants to have to reroll to 50 on a brand new server when they already have level 50 characters. If they made this process more efficient I'm sure more people would actually test.

Count me as one who filled out the survey correctly for multiple characters (double and triple checked the information) and none of them have been copied over.

I was briefly logged into the PTS a couple hours ago on a level 7 character I created during 1.2 testing. If the character copy had been attempted at that time, is it possible that it would fail? Could there have been some issue with attempting to apply an incoming legacy to an existing character that was logged in? I seem to recall when 1.2 hit the live servers that a character would not be added to your legacy until it had been logged into at least once. I thought I remembered it mentioned somewhere that this had been changed. Since I don't know the actual process I can only speculate possible failure modes, but that seems at least remotely possible.