Sith inquisitor most powerful being in Swtor? [V2]

lironBD

{Play this in the background while reading:

}

This is an updated version of the thread I've opened in 2013.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=658950

When I first opened it the game was without most expansions and story arcs we have today, I was also unaware of many star wars lore facts and was not really knowledgeable in the Sith Inquisitor plot arc.

Few years later and after finishing the Inquisitor story over dozen times in every variation I'm opening this updated thread.

First let's clarify I'm talking about the "Darth Nox" version, which means everything pure Dark Side. Every bit of choice.

Now let's summarize what we got,

The Inquisitor is the heir of Aloysius Kallig, the greatest rival of the mighty dark lord of the sith Tulak Hord.

Regarding this proud linage it was said:

"Easily the most ambitious, and therefore the most dangerous, of my rivals is Kallig. Therefore, he shall be the first to die."

―Tulak Hord

Out story begins when the Inquisitor, slave at the time due to the Kallig line wiped by Tulak Hord, joining to the Sith Academy on Korriban due to his force affinity.

During the training the Overseer Harkun continuously send the Inquisitor to suicidal missions in the most dangerous tombs of Korriban valley of the Dark Lords.

Each time the Inquisitor, mere acolyte at the time, finish easily - including among the others, opening a secret holocron which was locked for hundreds of years.

For the final test the Inquisitor was sent to the tomb of Naga Sadow to recover a starmap stored there by Tulak Hord.

During this task the Inquisitor, mere acolyte with horrible gear and almost no training at the time, subdue the mighty Dashade Khem Val, which was a Shadow Killer in the service of Tulak Hord and placed in stasis for safekeeping.

How the Inquisitor managed to subdue this being which its greatest aspect is Eating force users is amazing at that.

During chapter 1 the Inquisitor is filling the role of Apprentice to Darth Zash, and sent as almost as soon as he arrives on dromund kaas to kill Zash's master Darth Skotia (which is heavily enhanced with bionics).

Soon after that Zash is receiving her promotion and then sending the Inquisitor throughout the Galaxy to recover artifacts stashed by Tulak Hord in order to preform a force ritual.

On Balmorra the Inquisitor is injected with a serum which transform him to become immune to the toxin waste created in the bombing - similar to the native colicoids.

On Nar Shadda The Inquisitor is taking over a major cult of one Lord Paladius and gain his first supporters to his powerbase. During the battle between Lord Paladius and the Inquisitor - Paladius used a force technique which blocked the Inquisitor's connection to the force weakening him but still the Inquisitor managed to slay Paladius even in his weakened state.

On Tatooine the Inquisitor is joined by the Pirate Andronikos reval and together the scour the desert planet and recovering an artifact which caused everyone who took an hold of it to become mad and insane but that artifact did not affected the Inquisitor.

On Alderaan the Inquisitor broke into the houses of Alde and Rist, then he annhilated the guards of Lady Rist in order to lure the Jedi which held the key to the Artifact. After that the Inquisitor fought an entire hive of Killiks and then destroyed the jedi Nomar Organa before assaulting the Elysium in order to rocover the last artifact.

In between the Inquisitor recovered his ancestor ancient Mask ( Kallig's Countenance ) which was held on Korriban in the possession of a Sith Lord named Khreusis.

And also on Nar Shadda the Inquisitor fought an entire gang of criminals to recover his ancestor's lightsaber ( Kallig's lightsaber ).

During the Ritual Zash showed her true face (literally, yuck) and tried to posses the Inquisitor, but even though she had the entire power of the artifacts and countless years as Sith Lord the Inquisitor had the bound Dashade as his guardian and Khem Val interrupted the ritual which caused Zash to become trapped inside Khem's body instead and bound to the will of the Inquisitor.

At that moment the Inquistor was declared Lord Kallig, heir to Tulak Hord and he inherited Zash's power base and apprentices.

During Chapter 2 Lord Kallig was facing the meeting with his new master the powerful Darth Thanaton , which according to the lore was in the past was a slave himself known as Teneb Kel was sent to hunt and kill the apprentice of the Sith Emperor called Exal Kressh (descendant of Ludo Kressh - Which was the rival of the famous Naga Sadow).

At their first meeting Thanaton tried to send the Lord Kallig into his death by tasking him in recovering the writings of one dead sith lord Darth Andru, what the Inquisitor was not aware of is that Andru's ghost was tormented and haunted the tomb (hence killing many who trespassed).

During the assault of Andru on Kallig the spirit of Aloysius Kallig intervened and stopped Andru, Instructing the yound Inquisitor to seek out the tomb of Darth Ergast and telling him that he have a "pull on the dead" - being able to disturb force ghosts into forming before him.

Then the Inquisitor not only learned from Ergast himself the Ritual of Force Walking (effectively bounding a force ghost and taking all of its powers to yourself, rendering the Inquisitor immortal in the process) but he bound the spirit of Darth Ergast.

Then the Inquisitor bound the spirit of Darth Andru and recovering his writings about the Force-Walking technique.

Then the Inquisitor faces Darth Thanaton for the first time and when Thanaton "kills" the un-initiated Inquisitor it is learned that due to the bound ghosts as long they are bound to the Inquisitor he is practically Immortal and can't die.

The Inquisitor then leave dromund kaas and heads out to bind the most powerful ghosts he can find in order to get the ultimate power and annihilate thanaton.

On Taris he destroyed a cadre of Thanaton supporters, cadre of Sith Assassins, two Jedi masters and enslave as his apprentice the Jedi Ashara Zavros which led him to the place where her ancestor's ghost was, the Sith Lord Kalatosh Zavros, Zavros himself was first a Jedi Master during the Mandalorian wars and then he turned to the Dark side and served in Revan's Sith Empire - Hence granting the Inquisitor not only the Dark Side insight of the previous bound ghosts but an insight to the Light side of the force with the knowledge of a Jedi Master.

Then while capturing the ghosts the Inquisitor recieve a distrass call from Zash's former apprentices on Quash where he faces a cadre of Sith Assassins sent by Thanaton - the Inquisitor dispatched all of them with ease.

On Hoth the Inquisitor joined forces with LT. Talos Drellik of the Imperial Reclamation Service in order to locate the Ghost rumored to be there.

Then he braved the base of the Sadow'een, the personal order of assassins who served Naga Sadow.

Though they were long dead the base itself was in midst of pirate turf and protected by many traps and entire host of assassins droids.

Finally the Inquisitor located the coffin of Hurak-Mul, the right hand of Ludo Kressh.

Once all ghosts were bound the Inquisitor went to Dromund Kaas to challenge thanaton, there he annhilated his apprentice Rolan and on the moment of victory the ghosts overwhelmed Kallig reviling to him that he cannot bind more then one ghost at a time.

Chapter 3s start, the Inquistor breaks into Thanaton's library to learn about two potential ways to control the host of ghosts he bound.

First he travels to Belsavis, where he brave the prison and the Rakata defenses to release the Mother Machine, an ancient construct of the infinite empire used to create force using races. Then the Mother remakes the Inquisitor's body anew into new "race" or being which is not affected by the degradation of the Ghosts - hence he can bind unlimited number of ghosts without any effects on his body.

At Voss the Inquisitor first destroys an entire voss commando squad, then he takes the trials of the Dream-Walker cult only to slaughter them all when he was done. Once finished he travelled to the Voss healing shrine and in the Dream-Walker's sanctum there he faced a force ghost of a Voss Dream-Walker named MAr-Da, through his Bindings the Inquisitor got insight to the ways of the Voss and their abilities.

In order to heal his mind and gain control over the ghosts he bound the Inquisitor enlisted the aid of a Gormak Shaman and together they traveled to the nightmare lands (a place tainted with the dark side in such way the sith themselves did not venture there).

After the ritual was performed the Inquisitor remade his mind to control it and thus taking over the ghosts and allowing him not only to bind unlimited amount of ghosts but also to control them.

In between the Inquisitor gained the allegiance of Imperial Officers cadre under the command of Moff Pyron, which was gained by helping them building the Silencer super-weapon which allows to destroy entire fleets in one shot.

After those events the Inquisitor gained new apprentice from the Korriban academy, the Kaleesh warrior Xalek, upon the ending of Xalek's trials the Inquisitor gained his revenge and with flick of his wrist he executed overseer Harkun.

Once the Silencer was ready Thanato challenged Kallig to the ancient sith ritual known as the Kaggath, a duel of powerbase against powerbase. The arena was declared as corellia and the Inquisitor accepted.

After the Inquisitor annhilated Thanaton's forces at every turn in middle of planet wide war he fought thanaton in single combat in front of Sith and military leaders.

Thanatons then ran away and went to ask the help of the Dark Council (which Thanaton was part of) on Korriban.

The story ends when the Inquisitor arrives at the Council chambers cornering Thanton to the wall and wiping the floor with him, The inquisitor "played" and humilated Thanaton in such way that the Dark Council mercy killed him.

Upon victory the Inquisitor was declared Darth Nox, and was charged with the Sphere of ancient knowledge (hence gaining access the the secrets of the Sith Order as their warden).

"By order of the Dark Council and in light of your reputation as a master of the dark side, you are now Darth Nox."

―Darth Marr

Up to this point I've told the story of the Dark Side Inquisitor. there were many points which were shared by all classes but add them to all of the above and they increase the Inquisitor influence and power by much.

Also we should note that the Inquisitor was one of the few that was offered a place in the Dread Masters cadre:

Brontes: "Once, we desired an empire. Now, with the death of Lord Styrak, we are growing mad."

Calphayus: "The wound must be healed. Our union requires a sixth—or there will be only chaos."

Raptus: "You of all Sith know power and darkness and secret terror. Once a wretched slave, you became a being worthy of worship. Now you will join us and we will feast upon your dreams as we grow strong together."

Nox: "You can promise power—but I will never be a slave again. And you cannot defy me forever."

―The Dread Masters tempt Nox to join them.

Next let's look on the expansions and extras:

During the dread seeds missions as dark sider Nox gain the power of Dread by taking to himself the unlocked power of the Dread Seeds and defying Acina (the current Empress of the Empire).

During Makeb events the Inquisitor formed a joint partnership with one of the most influential Dark Council Members Darth Marr and together they took over the Isotope-5 to create a powerful fleet of warships (add it to the Silencers).

During the Dread War events the Inquisitor fought off and destroyed the Dread Masters, and charging Lord Hargrev on Oricon to take the secrets of the Dread Masters for the Empire and the Inquisitor himself due to his position on the Dark Council.

During the Revanites Incursion the Inquisitor joined forces with Lana Beniko and Theron shan to lead their forces against the Mad dark side version of Revan.

During which the Inquisitor took part in the Assault on Tython and the Liberation of Koriban hence gaining access to many artifacts and secrets.

On Rishi the Inquisitor reveals a Rakatan device which originates from the Rishi Maze that extended his life cycle - finding out about it he sends moff pyron's force to pursue this avenue in order to achieve full immortality.

After those events the Inquisitor leads a joint Empire\Republic force to Yavin 4 and confront the Mad dark side Revan. after which his defeat the Sith Emperor was awaken.

Then Marr and Nox sealed their alliance when Marr told Nox that only them are the Elite of the Dark Council and all other members cannot be trusted to protect the ways of the Sith.

During the Ziost incident Nox faced off the horrors of the Sith Emperor, facing him and his powers time and time again without suffering the effects of his powers but in the end Ziost was lost and the Inquisitor survived.

Kotfe

In Kotfe my personal choice was NOT to kneel and pick Dark Side option whenever possible so in the end I got pretty psycho power hungry Inquisitor.

Also during the Chapter 12 I chose to forge the weapon with the Aid of Darth Marr's ghost only gaining the vengence buff.

At any rate in general the Inquisitor is in the heights of his power, as powerful force user already he gained insights from the shared time he spent with the Sith Emperor also using his powers when needed. Closing to the End of Kotfe the Inquisitor command a force of joint Sith, Jedi, Imperials, Republic, Mercenaries, Mandalorians and whatnot under his command.

The Inquisitor also have brand new (old) flagship the Gravestone which have superb main guns that can annihilate mass amounts of ships and take tremendous punishment.

When Kotfe starts and you talk with lana the Inquisitor says that she should take him to Dromund Kaas and he will take over the empire in the span of few hours, hence giving us some clues on his pull among the Imperials.

Some points above are valid to all classes but due to the unique background of the Inquisitor they add something more imho.

Now let's talk about the Inquisitor as a class,

We'll presume he is both sorcerer and assassin, hence can fight in close combat with dualsaber (enhancing his combat abilities through the force) and as a sorcerer with one handed saber thrashing large amounts of punishments from afar.

Being able to become invisible through the force, teleport himself, drain or give life force, masters the dark side powers such as lightnings and crushing afflictions.

Overall very versatile set of skills.

So to sum this all up imho in the swtor universe the Inquisitor is the most powerful being.

so far we didn't had the chance to face Valyin or arcann properly, mostly we faced skytroopers and second grade knights.

Valkorion is an anomaly in my opinion (chapter 15), we don't really know what he is or what his power really capable to do. If he was so powerful why he didn't killed his kids outright? why didn't he take over new host? if he doesn't care about his 2 empires why he keeps coming back?

until we have the answers I think he is an anomaly.

your thoughts?

I can do a respect thread for the Jedi Knight, Wrath, and Consular that would definitely rival Nox's. As far as the most powerful being in SWTOR? No. Not even close. If you play as Nox you can't hope to solo Revan. Valkorion is stronger than Revan. You use the whole "Well, we don't see him use his full power so.." Marr didn't fear Nox. Marr was one shotted by Valkorion. Arcann (if Nox is your outlander) beats Nox and couldn't even hope to face Valkorion (who casually blocked his strikes with one hand while talking down to him. Valkorion wasn't even struggling.) None of the player characters are the "Most powerful beings" in SWTOR.

Top 10-20? Sure.

Edited by Rhyltran

That's the point of the thread let's read some about other classes.

The emperor can't be considered right now because we don't even know what the heck he is, does he a force entity? a force user? a machine? a rakata experiment?

We simply don't know.

Revan is dead.

We never had the chance to fight marr so that's left unanswered.

Arcann and Valyin are pure Mary Sue and the plot saves them or denies us the fight time and time again. Each time I see Valyin in new chapter and going "LET'S FIGHT!" the current active companion make us run away.. disturbing.

And to be honest about marr one shotted he is not a force-walker.

Nox with 5 ghosts, rebuilt body and reforged mind is catagory of his own. he simply can't die while the ghosts are bound BUT during KOTFE we never seen and indication the plot recognize of nox as force walker which is problematic.

I can do a respect thread for the Jedi Knight, Wrath, and Consular that would definitely rival Nox's. As far as the most powerful being in SWTOR? No. Not even close. If you play as Nox you can't hope to solo Revan. Valkorion is stronger than Revan. You use the whole "Well, we don't see him use his full power so.." Marr didn't fear Nox. Marr was one shotted by Valkorion. Arcann (if Nox is your outlander) beats Nox and couldn't even hope to face Valkorion (who casually blocked his strikes with one hand while talking down to him. Valkorion wasn't even struggling.) None of the player characters are the "Most powerful beings" in SWTOR.

Top 10-20? Sure.

Can you make for the Champion, Cipher nine one that would definitely rival Nox? By they way what is with god like force users lacking force sense is that what they have to sacrifice to get so powerful. Darth Sidious was taken by surprise and Valkorian was taken by surprise also. We can kill planets of life but we can not sense if someone is attacking us from behind.

I would argue the JC and SI are on par with each other; there is also no evidence that the eaten ghosts are still meandering around with the SI during the bits of KoTFE.

(Indeed, I'm continually surprised that *none* of my SIs have attempted to eat Valky for that reason. Or that Kallig isn't snarking from the sidelines. "Eat him. EEEEeaaaatttt him, my child!!! Forever make him slave to our bloodline!")

Still, on straight ****BBQ levels, it does seem that the SI and JC are pretty much the top of the current generation's force powers.

Marr, the SW, and the JK are probably somewhere in there, too, but I think the edge in shear power belongs to the two force-heavy classes.

V, his kids, are all Villain Sues. Senya, I'd put below Marr/SW/JK, but not far below. Until her inevitable and sudden betrayal (seriously, I have that scene in Firefly *constantly* playing through my head every time I see her), in which case she'll power up to her own Villain Sue status.

That's the point of the thread let's read some about other classes.

The emperor can't be considered right now because we don't even know what the heck he is, does he a force entity? a force user? a machine? a rakata experiment?

We simply don't know.

Revan is dead.

We never had the chance to fight marr so that's left unanswered.

Arcann and Valyin are pure Mary Sue and the plot saves them or denies us the fight time and time again. Each time I see Valyin in new chapter and going "LET'S FIGHT!" the current active companion make us run away.. disturbing.

And to be honest about marr one shotted he is not a force-walker.

Nox with 5 ghosts, rebuilt body and reforged mind is catagory of his own. he simply can't die while the ghosts are bound BUT during KOTFE we never seen and indication the plot recognize of nox as force walker which is problematic.

This has been debated to death. Actually it's popular opinion that the Jedi Knight would have been the canon outlander had the Disney take over not happened. If there was going to be an eventual end to this game the JK fits the most as the outlander. Not only that but there are limitations to the Inquisitor. Chances are he can't handle much more ghosts than he already has. The healing ritual ensured that Nox mind was able to withstand the number of ghosts in possession but if he continued to add more to the mix, who knows what would happen, and even with the current amount.. the wrath and Jedi Knight have done some pretty impressive things themselves.

Jedi Knight defeated the voice of the Emperor who is above Thanaton. The Warrior defeated the voice of the emperor currently possessed by Sel Makor. He also defeated Baras who had siphoned energy from Kreia's spirit (the entity) and was given a power boost by Sel Makor (who was in the emperor's body.) (this is why he actually has a move called "Voice of the Emperor") not only that but you used the whole "Inquisitor being compared to kallig/horde) but the Wrath has been compared to Exar Kun. If you use the "all specs" idea. The wrath has mastery in Shi-cho, Soresu, Shien/Djem So, Ataru, and Juyo. Not only that but he has excellent telekinetic abilities, force crush, and the ability to release blasts of dark side energy at his opponents (which in the lore has been considered a form of sorcery by the way.)

If you use ability mechanics.. the wrath can also heal himself back up when he is reduced in life. So he has the power to heal himself when injured. Note the Jedi Knight is the complete mirror to him. As for the consular? He had enough power to shield multiple Jedi Masters while still casually smiting Darth's left and right. He has the force energy of multiple masters. There isn't a Barsenthor except once in every so many generations and the consular has surpassed all Barsenthors before him/her. Not to mention.. can do the things you mention about Nox. (In terms of spec.) There's enough of a case to be made all the force using classes are equal to each other in terms of power and ability.

There's enough of a case to be made all the force using classes are equal to each other in terms of power and ability.

If there's one strange Story/gamplay aspect in the inquisitors story, it's the fact that aparently Nox is able to use advanced techniques and even the basics like lightning, yet has had no training.

If there's one strange Story/gamplay aspect in the inquisitors story, it's the fact that aparently Nox is able to use advanced techniques and even the basics like lightning, yet has had no training.

Maybe Nox IS a colliqoid.

Pretty much the same thing is said for the JC. The SW and JK also have the whole 'martial prowess beyond what we've seen in generations,' too.

Maybe Nox IS a colliqoid.

Pretty much the same thing is said for the JC. The SW and JK also have the whole 'martial prowess beyond what we've seen in generations,' too.

At least those other classes had a lot of training prior to starting their story, where as Nox should still be accidentally shocking himself when he tries.

The Knight and Warrior are the same way. Right from the beginning you can tell the first Jedi you meet (remember, you're an initiate going into training) that you've already beaten all your combat instructors and haven't met anyone who can beat you. It might seem ridiculous but prodigies exist and it seems all the characters, whether it's the smuggler, knight, or whatever are prodigies in their own respective fields.

Edited by Rhyltran

The Knight and Warrior are the same way. Right from the beginning you can tell the first Jedi you meet (remember, you're an initiate going into training) that you've already beaten all your combat instructors and haven't met anyone who can beat you. It might seem ridiculous but prodigies exist and it seems all the characters, whether it's the smuggler, knight, or whatever are prodigies in their own respective fields.

The difference is that the knight and warrior had training prior.

The difference is that the knight and warrior had training prior.

We don't know how much. Especially with the knight. SWTOR is an era where you don't need to be a youngling to be taken in for Jedi/Sith training. Adults can and have been taken in for training. So even that is up in the air.

Edited by Rhyltran

as far as we know the Inquisitor is the only force user to be getting force training as a SLAVE. and the only one which his instructors are actively trying to kill.

Isn't literaly every one of the acolyte's except for Ffon a slave in your group?

Isn't literaly every one of the acolyte's except for Ffon a slave in your group?

not really, it's only said that fon fon was a pureblood with lineage an harkun want him to win. I'm sure at least the two brothers were not slaves.

not really, it's only said that fon fon was a pureblood with lineage an harkun want him to win. I'm sure at least the two brothers were not slaves.

You're mistaken. They are slaves. The Empire has a mandate that ANYONE with force sensitivity must be sent to korriban in order to train to be sith. Regardless of their upbringing, race, or heritage. The other poster is right. Ffon wasn't a slave. He was from a pure noble bloodline which is why Harkun was so sure that you were all going to die/fail.

You're mistaken. They are slaves. The Empire has a mandate that ANYONE with force sensitivity must be sent to korriban in order to train to be sith. Regardless of their upbringing, race, or heritage. The other poster is right. Ffon wasn't a slave. He was from a pure noble bloodline which is why Harkun was so sure that you were all going to die/fail.

And Harkun literally calls everyone else slaves while sucking up to Ffon, plus all the other acolytes were with you in the first cutscene, where only the slaves and Harkun were gathering.

At least those other classes had a lot of training prior to starting their story, where as Nox should still be accidentally shocking himself when he tries.

This. Kallig is entirely on his own on Korriban because no one cares if he lives or dies and his instructor would prefer the latter. He gets through by using lightning intuitively and beating Khem Val into submission with his untrained Force abilities and a practice saber, then killing the Sith beast with the same. The Knight and Warrior also do some crazy stuff with practice weapons but they've been trained extensively in the Force, probably ~ a decade each.

And that's where the Inquisitor starts.

Edited by Canareth

This. Kallig is entirely on his own on Korriban because no one cares if he lives or dies and his instructor would prefer the latter. He gets through by using lightning intuitively and beating Khem Val into submission with his untrained Force abilities and a practice saber, then killing the Sith beast with the same. The Knight and Warrior also do some crazy stuff with practice weapons but they've been trained extensively in the Force, probably ~ a decade each.

And that's where the Inquisitor starts.

You are assuming slaves were not trained in combat to serve the Empire. You used game mechanic into the story, every Force User will be trained by their instructor of how to use the force during 1st Act, no matter how good JK with his lightsaber during youngling times there is no way he can beat Darth left and right in 1st Act with just that, same with warrior, JC or SI. Frankly i have not seen any Force User needed that much help like SI. JK, Warrior, JC all fought through their story alone without help from higher power ever, and SI's enemies were B rate Sith lord

Sorry OP, but I don't believe the SI is the most powerful being in SWtor yet. Please note the ''yet'' part - eventually if no one kills him/her, but he/she is not there yet:)

as Rhyltran said: top 10-20 for sure....

....for whom (Rhyltran) I have a question: why do you say that Marr doesn't fear Nox? My impression was that whenever Nox was feeling confrontational Marr was fast to agree with her.....something he (as far as I know) never does with any of the other characters.

...and no matter the strength of Thanaton (who imo is more powerful than the emperor's voice - I don't know why you consider otherwise but nvm as I said) it doesn't change the fact that Nox stood there and let him (Thanaton) throw whatever he can (and take his time when needed) and took it all without a scratch (with the help of the ghosts ofcourse).

So to not go and quote alot of people - I think pure (without extra power from the force ghosts) SI is maybe 2nd place (behind the JC)...or you might even consider JK/SW being stronger, but with ghosts - yea, there is reason they are never mentioned in KotFE - probably so they don't have to make another story just for the SI:)

Frankly i have not seen any Force User needed that much help like SI. JK, Warrior, JC all fought through their story alone without help from higher power ever, and SI's enemies were B rate Sith lord

But to be fair no one else have had similar encounters before being prepared for them. Do you think Sith warrior or Jedi knight can fight force ghosts? Especially easrly in their careers? Maybe the SI reacted silly when confronted with the ghost - tried lightning instead of running from it while using all the defenses she/he had, but in the SI's defense the other way was Thanaton who likely would have killed her/him too:)

Edited by Saelinne

Sorry OP, but I don't believe the SI is the most powerful being in SWtor yet. Please note the ''yet'' part - eventually if no one kills him/her, but he/she is not there yet:)

as Rhyltran said: top 10-20 for sure....

....for whom (Rhyltran) I have a question: why do you say that Marr doesn't fear Nox? My impression was that whenever Nox was feeling confrontational Marr was fast to agree with her.....something he (as far as I know) never does with any of the other characters.

...and no matter the strength of Thanaton (who imo is more powerful than the emperor's voice - I don't know why you consider otherwise but nvm as I said) it doesn't change the fact that Nox stood there and let him (Thanaton) throw whatever he can (and take his time when needed) and took it all without a scratch (with the help of the ghosts ofcourse).

I can answer that. It's because the voice is what people in the empire believe to be Vitiate's true power. No one currently alive has seen the full depths of his power. The very idea that Baras might be the voice was enough to cow the council into following him. In fact, as the wrath, it's the very reason why when you proclaim yourself to be the wrath they outright state "Whoever wins will be proven truthful." this means no matter how strong the wrath is they're fully convinced if Baras is right and is the Emperor's new voice the wrath will fall. On the other hand the opposite is true. If the wrath is the one who is correct Baras will fall because the Emperor would only choose a truly vicious warrior to be his wrath.

No one on the council believes they are a match for the Emperor. If they did, they wouldn't care for Baras' claim, but the fact that they do is telling. I think people underestimate the importance the Wrath and JK defeating the voice has in terms of weight. Marr speaks to the inquisitor as an equal. Just as he does the wrath to be honest. Don't forget that when the Wrath fought Baras he fought him the point where Baras, when he tried to draw in more power, failed. Then started begging the council to kill the Wrath. He too threw everything at the warrior and in the end couldn't stop him.

If we're going by opinions there were other members of the council who felt they could take Thanaton. Now some people use that to knock Nox but that is faulty logic as well. Even if they're stronger than Nox.. we saw that Nox by the end of the fight wasn't really trying anymore. He'd just have to try harder for other members of the council. Marr points this out by telling the council that Thanaton is a better Sith than they give credit. So what am I trying to say? I think Nox can take the voice as well but then.. I've been advocating all four are equal.

If no one kills any of the PC characters they all have potential to be very scary. All four of them are pretty young.

Edited by Rhyltran

I too favor Nox over the other Force users (other than the Knight) but currently the only logical (and sane) conclusion is that they are equal. I do believe the four Force using classes are the most powerful Force users in the game currently, apart from the Emperor. You know we'll defeat Arcann and possibly Vaylin eventually, we just hope it's a cool justified victory and not some kind of deus ex machina *** pull.

That being said, I do see Nox as the one to potentially do the greatest feats and were this a regular story, become the next big threat. However I could also see the Knight and/or the Consular as being the ones who defeat him. I also see Nox outliving the current generation, maybe distancing himself from the conflict the way Vitiate himself did to rebuild and threaten the Republic down the road- at which point it'll be the descendants of the Knight and/or Consular who defeat him.

It's like poetry it's sort of, they rhyme. Every stanza kind of rhymes with the last one. Hopefully it'll work.:D

I too favor Nox over the other Force users (other than the Knight) but currently the only logical (and sane) conclusion is that they are equal. I do believe the four Force using classes are the most powerful Force users in the game currently, apart from the Emperor. You know we'll defeat Arcann and possibly Vaylin eventually, we just hope it's a cool justified victory and not some kind of deus ex machina *** pull.

That being said, I do see Nox as the one to potentially do the greatest feats and were this a regular story, become the next big threat. However I could also see the Knight and/or the Consular as being the ones who defeat him. I also see Nox outliving the current generation, maybe distancing himself from the conflict the way Vitiate himself did to rebuild and threaten the Republic down the road- at which point it'll be the descendants of the Knight and/or Consular who defeat him.

It's like poetry it's sort of, they rhyme. Every stanza kind of rhymes with the last one. Hopefully it'll work.:D

Well put. :)