Seriously? Dxun doesn't have a guaranteed loot drop?

sharkfishman

Words can literally not express how I felt after discovering that, even after 3 hours and numerous wipes, DXUN DOESN'T EVEN HAVE a guaranteed set bonus piece or tactical drop at the end!!?!?!!?!!

The first time we ran it a few weeks ago, it did drop a set piece, mind you. But this week... nothing. Just regular gear drops I can get anywhere. So... you're telling me... I would've been better off with 12-15 Hammer Station MM runs (shoot me now) in the same amount of time invested vs. a 1/8 chance of a single set bonus piece that DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A GUARANTEED CHANCE OF APPEARING?

Just... wow.

Words can literally not express how I felt after discovering that, even after 3 hours and numerous wipes, DXUN DOESN'T EVEN HAVE a guaranteed set bonus piece or tactical drop at the end!!?!?!!?!!

The first time we ran it a few weeks ago, it did drop a set piece, mind you. But this week... nothing. Just regular gear drops I can get anywhere. So... you're telling me... I would've been better off with 12-15 Hammer Station MM runs (shoot me now) in the same amount of time invested vs. a 1/8 chance of a single set bonus piece that DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A GUARANTEED CHANCE OF APPEARING?

Just... wow.

Yup, it sucks :mad:

Edited by DarkTergon

The only thing worth doing time wise if you want gear and a drop is to do RR or HS on MM over and over again as the chances in those Flashpoints are higher over the time spent then in any other content. Uprising really only have 1 boss so one set of drops maybe two, but RR and HS both have 3 and are easy to get to. Ilum is about as fast if you know how to skip mob sets or are with all stealthers. Tarel V is about the same speed as Ilum but the bosses can challenge a bit more.

Other than those the game has been reduced to just those. Some people have been running just story modes as they can melt anything in those FPs but no chance to get tact or set piece. This game has so little to offer and they have attacked all forms of play. PVP gives you nothing Renown barely gives you something. Loot is only worth one twentieth of what it used to. Lose of possible income from selling on the GTN gear and the nerf to 1/10th of the credits from vendoring them or the lowered credit loot from mobs.

All FPs, URs, Ops should be changed to level 75 and OSSUS, Dantooine, and the chapters should be raised to level 75 as well as they just don't work anymore or are way above the intended difficulty level.

The only good this this expac has made easy is getting to max gear level. Sure it is not perfect stat wise, but you can get there in a few dedicate (Read mind numbing repeats of RR and HS) hours. Everything else is broken. I leave a group with more than half the random flashpoints cause I know they either cant heal it or they cant tank it. Most likely we cant survive even if they can.

Not uping these areas have broken more things and will take more time to adjust then just up grading the areas to 75 would have taken.

Better to take level sync completely out of the game and reset everything to the intended level they started with. You would have the intended result in things being worthless to play, but at least interesting in how many adds can you really collect in a Flashpoint or operation and still survive. I used o collect groups and let them beat on me for a few minutes just to see if they could whittle me down.

Personally I haven't done Dxun yet but once I get around to it, I'll do it a couple of times and that's that probably. If it's really fun then maybe a few more times. Loot in operations is a general overall problem. There is no more gear progression in raiding in SWTOR since 5.0 and that makes it kinda pointless to do in general.

Yes people say why don't you just do it for fun but wiping in NiM with the repair bills you get with it for achievements you already have or the handful that the new ops brings is not a long term thing. And it doesn't feel rewarding either which is part of the equation. It can be fun to go through an ops and beat it but once you've beaten all the bosses that purpose is gone.

That's why everybody's running vet FPs mostly I guess. Quick and the best return on your time/effort for both gearing and conquest. That's the current endgame it seems.

The only thing worth doing time wise if you want gear and a drop is to do RR or HS on MM over and over again

I dont mean to be rude, but u r horribly wrong. Just sheep following the one sheep that is leading. U wanna be doing random MMs every time. The extra 2 crates r a lot. And seriously, this constant hammer pop is getting mind-numbing by now.

Back on topic: i already made a bug report about it, probably going to get ignored. Im not sure what difficulty OP is talking about, but i think on SM last boss does drop one set piece/tactical. On HM too (cant remember, only killed it once so far) and the rest of the bosses on HM basically never do from what i can tell, which is a huge problem. Should be guaranteed drop like in Nims, cause it is current raid.

Edited by Benirons

I dont mean to be rude, but u r horribly wrong. Just sheep following the one sheep that is leading. U wanna be doing random MMs every time. The extra 2 crates r a lot. And seriously, this constant hammer pop is getting mind-numbing by now.

Back on topic: i already made a bug report about it, probably going to get ignored. Im not sure what difficulty OP is talking about, but i think on SM last boss does drop one set piece/tactical. On HM too (cant remember, only killed it once so far) and the rest of the bosses on HM basically never do from what i can tell, which is a huge problem. Should be guaranteed drop like in Nims, cause it is current raid.

Nope. SM last boss is not guaranteed to drop any tactical or set piece.

It may happen from time to time, but not on all of the runs I have been on.

Many group members also relayed that they had the same experience on VM as well (last boss not always dropping).

I am speaking of 8 man as well, not sure if you have been running on 16 man, which may increase the drop chance of a single item.

P.S. - I wish your advice on MM FPs were true (I am so sick of HS I could throw up) but unfortunately it's not.

If you're talking about getting tech fragments and random 302-206 gear, then yes, I agree those random group finder missions are valuable. But if you're talking about getting set bonus pieces and tacticals (what this thread is about), then the random missions are a poor use of time, sadly.

Don't get me wrong, I always queue random anyway, because I despise HS, but Hammer is what provides the best time investment/reward, unfortunately.

Edited by sharkfishman

P.S. - I wish your advice on MM FPs were true (I am so sick of HS I could throw up) but unfortunately it's not.

If you're talking about getting tech fragments and random 302-206 gear, then yes, I agree those random group finder missions are valuable. But if you're talking about getting set bonus pieces and tacticals (what this thread is about), then the random missions are a poor use of time, sadly.

Don't get me wrong, I always queue random anyway, because I despise HS, but Hammer is what provides the best time investment/reward, unfortunately.

the point is that you don't rely on random drops for set bonus pieces and tacticals. you buy those at the vendor. the goal from content is tech fragments, so anything that increases those is good. that is the best way to gear quickly and rng frustrations free.

the point is that you don't rely on random drops for set bonus pieces and tacticals. you buy those at the vendor. [...].

only useful if your set is available there

TBH all Operations Boss loot is a bit crap right now... I've gotten more and better running FP's, much easier and faster too.... doesn't matter if it's grouped or solo, static or random. For Time invested I'd estimate that I get twice the loot from FP's, for half the effort... and that's being conservative.

as for whether it's better to queue random FP's or not? I walk in solo if it's not prime time, and queue random during prime time (because there's almost always someone that has limits set to fast FP's)... no point chancing broken/unbalanced content

Also, Queue De-Rarndomization Tricks are mostly working if you have a preformed group... TBH if you have a preformed group you shouldn't be punished for picking a specific OP/FP, but it wouldn't be SWTOR apparently if you weren't made to jump through stupid hoops.

The random reward is very nice and it does have a chance to drop set and tactical pieces. However, time wise HS and RR are the better options for grinding tech fragments and gear because in the time it takes to do the average random FP I can do RR stealth mode with a friend or two twice or even three times.

How many times do you get the harder flash points that had gear restrictions that are now impossible to complete If going for MM FP? How many times does the group break up or the healer just cant handle it? Why waste time in those FP?

Operation should give a gold crate after each boss and not 2-4 pieces of random gear. The reward should be 8 for SM 12 for Vet or 8 with a tact or set piece and 16 for NiM or 8 and a tact and set piece. Per Boss Increased reward for weekly content which is what Vet and NiM content is. You should get a weekly crate for each boss.

Time is Money friend - Random goblin vender/banker

All FPs, URs, Ops should be changed to level 75 and OSSUS, Dantooine, and the chapters should be raised to level 75 as well as they just don't work anymore or are way above the intended difficulty level.

Actually this is something I noticed while doing the Black Hole dailies. I can recall running these in the Black Hole set gear on my merc, running with 21k HP, with the new "tweaked level sync" I run with about 15-16k HP (306 gear).

I have no idea what BioWare have done with Level Sync compared to pre. 6.0, but it's quite simply not appreciated.

The whole point of level sync was to make old content relevant and to play the game the way the developers intended for that content to be played. How is making content harder than intended the way it was meant to be played?

Only partially true.

Queuing random (especially in peak server activity hours) when solo is good advice, sticking around with whatever random group in whatever random instance is not.

Get under-leveled, under-geared, and clueless players in one of the longer, more highly tuned, and / or more mechanical flashpoints, and it is a colosal waste of credits and time to stick around.

I have so many alts I can just fish the queue - depending on the instance, I drop before even zoning in, other times I'll see how the first trash or even just getting around the map goes - if the others are clearly clueless, I drop.

And while some of this is me being jaded - a lot is due to the nature of the gearing system and the excessive repair costs - I'm just not willing to spend 2X, 3X, or more time in an FP, end up with a large repair bill, and get nothing extra for it.

Edited by DawnAskham

Only partially true.

Queuing random (especially in peak server activity hours) when solo is good advice, sticking around with whatever random group in whatever random instance is not.

Get under-leveled, under-geared, and clueless players in one of the longer, more highly tuned, and / or more mechanical flashpoints, and it is a colosal waste of credits and time to stick around.

I have so many alts I can just fish the queue - depending on the instance, I drop before even zoning in, other times I'll see how the first trash or even just getting around the map goes - if the others are clearly clueless, I drop.

And while some of this is me being jaded - a lot is due to the nature of the gearing system and the excessive repair costs - I'm just not willing to spend 2X, 3X, or more time in an FP, end up with a large repair bill, and get nothing extra for it.

Well, i may have forgotten to mention that i pretty much only q on tanks and rarely on healers to fill whatever is needed. I always do randoms, pops r almost always instant, and guess what most of the time it is still hammer station..... ugh. What u r failing to realise is most windowlickers still only q HS, and u have a very high chance of getting that as a pop even if u pick random. U get bonus rewards for "free."

I feel for u about, badies, it rarely happens to me though. When it does, i get that mofo kicked (usually a dps) and either just summon my comp and make do or just try luck with the next dps in q, rinse repeat. Maybe i just have better luck with pugs than most, i dunno.

Edited by Benirons

16 man story mode run with guild. 0 set bonuses or tacticals from any of the bosses yet again. No wipes, but still a waste of 2 hours as far as gearing is concerned.

Honestly, I find this appalling that the newest content is basically the least rewarding to run for progression.