5.9.3 Question (SPOILERS hidden in tags)

HollyUSEC

Spoilers hidden in tags, don't click it if you don't want to know.

Dark Side Jaesa returns

in 5.9.3.

I take it she's Sith Warrior only, and other classes don't get her?

I didn't copy any other toons to the PTS.

I also take it that even if you originally got her as Light Side, she's still Dark Side in the Alliance Alert mission, Feeling the Wrath?

BTW, they weren't kidding about the "downgrade process." I trust that's only for the PTS and not coming to the live game?

Edited by HollyUSEC

I only see the mission listed on my warrior, doesn't show up on my agent so yeah it's warrior only. Not sure about lightside Jaesa but I think they've said before that she'd be in a different return, and you'll only get darkside Jaesa back if she was darkside in your class story.

This is PTS, no need to use spoiler tags. Anyway, the quest appears on Sith Warrior characters in the Contacts window but from what I heard, nothing happens when you click on it. So you can't actually complete the quest.

Nope. You can actually complete the quest. There's just no voice acting. Everything else like her armor, music and other SFX are completed.

This quest appeared for my sith warrior whose Jaesa was LS. I hope that doesn't happen in the actual release, since there seems to be no mention of Jaesa's transition from LS to DS. I trust they just haven't applied a filter yet to prevent SWs with LS Jaesa from doing the mission. If they are intending on making everyone's Jaesa DS, they shouldn't do it like this. They should show a difference between a Jaesa who was made DS during the class story and a Jaesa who went DS after losing the SW.

I have one other major piece of feedback for this mission, which I truly hope the devs heed. The writers have got to stop acting like Lana has never met our companions before their returns. Jaesa is given a specific piece of dialogue indicating that her reunion circumstances are her first time ever seeing Lana. Yet, as an Imperial character, Lana would've been working with us from the start of the SoR prelude right through Ziost. With Jaesa being part of our close circle of companions, they should've met each other already. The fact that the SoR to Ziost section of the story includes almost no interactivity with our companions shouldn't make the game act like they weren't there. I thought that the annoyance of players at Lana acting like she'd never met Quinn before when he arrives on Iokath would've actually had an impact and made the devs write these interactions differently.

Edited by Estelindis

This quest appeared for my sith warrior whose Jaesa was LS. I hope that doesn't happen in the actual release, since there seems to be no mention of Jaesa's transition from LS to DS. I trust they just haven't applied a filter yet to prevent SWs with LS Jaesa from doing the mission. If they are intending on making everyone's Jaesa DS, they shouldn't do it like this. They should show a difference between a Jaesa who was made DS during the class story and a Jaesa who went DS after losing the SW.

I have one other major piece of feedback for this mission, which I truly hope the devs heed. The writers have got to stop acting like Lana has never met our companions before their returns. Jaesa is given a specific piece of dialogue indicating that her reunion circumstances are her first time ever seeing Lana. Yet, as an Imperial character, Lana would've been working with us from the start of the SoR prelude right through Ziost. With Jaesa being part of our close circle of companions, they should've met each other already. The fact that the SoR to Ziost section of the story includes almost no interactivity with our companions shouldn't make the game act like they weren't there. I thought that the annoyance of players at Lana acting like she'd never met Quinn before when he arrives on Ziost would've actually had an impact and made the devs write these interactions differently.

From the fall Roadmap.

Jaesa - Sith Warriors will be able to reunite with Jaesa provided they turned her to the dark side in her original storyline. We’re still tracking down light-side Jaesa and we’ll let you know if we can convince her to return!

Edited by iFenris

From the fall Roadmap.

Jaesa - Sith Warriors will be able to reunite with Jaesa provided they turned her to the dark side in her original storyline. We’re still tracking down light-side Jaesa and we’ll let you know if we can convince her to return!

Yes, I too read the roadmap - once it came out, after my post. ;)

I don't get why they cannot just have LS Jaesa return now. They have the VA in. How hard is it to record a few extra lines for her LS version...?

I'd find very stupid if they don't bring L-side Jaess back when this next Patch goes live. They should have both versions of her.

Edited by MandFlurry

I'd find very stupid if they don't bring L-side Jaess back when this next Patch goes live. They should have both versions of her.

i think intailly last year or earlier this when she was announced they only planned ds of her. but backlash may of forced them to doing a ls one