Changes to 16 Man Progression - Discussion

Why would you skip tracking two entire Ops? I don't see any logical reasoning behind that.

And you are...?

Its HM, and as mentioned many times, will probably be cleared by most guild in first 1 or 2 days, so whole race is about who get to log on first. We had a discussion in NiM progreesion therad, that only NiM ops are worth tracking

It won't be however a bad idea to keep track of guilds that actively do 16 man raiding, not as World First race though

Edited by Shandellon

In general I'm against tracking HM for rankings. There's no point if most guilds listed clear it the first week. On the other hand, keeping track of who is trying content is a good thing, and there's always the chance no balancing was done since the PTS, meaning killing raptus or brontes would be a huge accomplishment deserving some recognition. If thin wants to go to the effort to track it I'm not going to complain, but I'll laugh a little if I see people bragging about world/server/faction firsts in HM, just like I did back when 2.0 came out.

I think it's good to track, you never know how difficult an instance will be until it goes live. As a 16man community, I think we've always done a good job of rising above the bickering and boasting, so I don't forsee any of the current guilds making a big fuss out of firsts. I'd say after 10 clears, we can totally stop tracking progression on any given tier.

About changes to the way it works, math in spreadsheet or rules, I'm happy with the current system, I think it works well for very different instances that come out, HM or NiM. I definitely liked the discussions that were had with the entire community pre-2.0, so if changes are being considered, I'd suggest pulling everyone together for a 16man community conversation.

Something that hasn't been specified for this tier elsewhere: I'm assuming the current rule is that you cannot skip bosses within an instance and claim kills, but doing a few in HM DF, and then a few in HM DP would be legal.

Good luck to everyone, hopefully this HM tier allows more guilds to participate in 16 and then stay on for the next NiM tier.

In general I'm against tracking HM for rankings. There's no point if most guilds listed clear it the first week. On the other hand, keeping track of who is trying content is a good thing, and there's always the chance no balancing was done since the PTS, meaning killing raptus or brontes would be a huge accomplishment deserving some recognition. If thin wants to go to the effort to track it I'm not going to complain, but I'll laugh a little if I see people bragging about world/server/faction firsts in HM, just like I did back when 2.0 came out.

You just jelly MoX US first HM S/V :rak_01:

And you are...?

Its HM, and as mentioned many times, will probably be cleared by most guild in first 1 or 2 days, so whole race is about who get to log on first. We had a discussion in NiM progreesion therad, that only NiM ops are worth tracking

It won't be however a bad idea to keep track of guilds that actively do 16 man raiding, not as World First race though

Me? I'm just some random scrub running NiM ops.

I agree with not tracking HM's. When you said "this tier of ops", I thought you were talking about not tracking the Dread ops at all, at any difficulty. That wouldn't make any sense, which is why I posted as such.

... no less welcome to his opinion than you are, Your Majesty.

Providing he is doing 16 man ops as well. With no signature I could as well be speaking with random casual 8 man (whos opinion would be ignored in this thread), thus my question

Comparison to S&V HM is very well placed. We cleared it shortly after French did (sorry, cant recall which guild in particular :p) because when they had 16 55's we only had 15 and we started a bit later. Both our guild cleared it before Americans only because we are like 6 hours ahead when it comes to raid schedule. This is not a type of race I want to participate in

Edited by Shandellon

Providing he is doing 16 man ops as well. With no signature I could as well be speaking with random casual 8 man (whos opinion would be ignored in this thread), thus my question

Comparison to S&V HM is very well placed. We cleared it shortly after French did (sorry, cant recall which guild in particular :p) because when they had 16 55's we only had 15 and we started a bit later. Both our guild cleared it before Americans only because we are like 6 hours ahead when it comes to raid schedule. This is not a type of race I want to participate in

ACE

5char