Downtime: 30 November 2016

TaitWatson

It stuck me with Theron. Since I'd basically ignored him prior to this expansion, he was only affection rank 8 for me. Some helpful person told me about the "snack" channeling, so I was interrupting that, but he still just killed me easily. So how do you get more allies?

I think there is someway to give medicine in food to the animals and you get a mini sparky. Can't be 100% sure as while I got the food by the time I went looking who to give it to it was too late and the sick creature was in the arena looking for a fight.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It stuck me with Theron. Since I'd basically ignored him prior to this expansion, he was only affection rank 8 for me. Some helpful person told me about the "snack" channeling, so I was interrupting that, but he still just killed me easily. So how do you get more allies?

Go to Kitchen, click on food in the dumpster, bring it to the Pit, mix it with medicine and feed to the beast.

Not what I meant... you are always there with Theron, that's simply "in the script"... but there is a way to get additional allies, albeit unconventional ones.

I do not want to spoil it outright, neither for you or anyone else reading this... so let's just say that there is a being somewhere inside of that palace that could use some help and would remember you helping them very kindly indeed. ;)

Well there's some strange things about the chapter. I picked up the sick beast medicine but couldn't use it on anything. I didn't find anyone needing help, maybe if I every run another toon through, I'll look again. It took me forever to get past the maze. The palace layout was not very intuitive.

Go to Kitchen, click on food in the dumpster, bring it to the Pit, mix it with medicine and feed to the beast.

Alternatively you can take the medicine first too since this whole optional chain only unlocks after that dialogue played in the beast pen... but yeah, that's the gist of it.

Well there's some strange things about the chapter. I picked up the sick beast medicine but couldn't use it on anything. I didn't find anyone needing help, maybe if I every run another toon through, I'll look again. It took me forever to get past the maze. The palace layout was not very intuitive.

The answer is now in this thread behind those spoiler tags. =)

I wasn't really all that troubled by the layout, I simply used the map and was able to deduce my way from the rooms' names/functions.

The only somewhat obscure thing was doing the bonus mission to get into the server room... took me ages to find a certain interactable object that finally enabled me to get it done. =D

Don't worry, you will get plenty of kill-time with your character before finishing the first 9 chapters. =)

I guess the main reason for the number of enemies when in a Walker is simply that this is the best way to demonstrate just how much more powerful you now are because of the Walker... if it were just 3-4 silver mobs, I reckon any well-equipped DD could take them out about as fast if not faster (due to the heavy Walker abilities-cooldown) as a Walker... but with those big groups, and sometimes multiple waves of them in short order, it really demonstrates the destructive power a single Walker can bring to bear in the hands of a skilled pilot.

Yeah, I don't mind the large groups of mobs. I mind that there's so many of those groups. ;)

Regardless, I still think it's a fun idea, and I wish it had been implemented just slightly differently.

Hey folks,

We are going to be bringing the servers down temporarily at 8AM PST (1600 GMT). The servers are going to be unavailable for approximately an hour.

Thank you for your understanding!

The servers are still offline for me.

Do you have any current or additional information about this maintenance?

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

All servers are now live! Let's talk about why we did this quick maintenance. The Planetary Missions button in Galactic Command has had its functionality turned off to address a bug. The intent is to address the underlying issue and turn the functionality back on during our launch maintenance on Friday.

The reason we made this change is a bug where if someone pressed the Planetary Mission button there was a chance it could automatically complete some Missions. Meaning that by simply pressing the button, they could receive CXP. Additionally if someone declined the pop-up they would receive a new set of Missions which could continue this effect.

The actual effect of this bug is fairly minimal as it only impacted a limited amount of Planetary Missions. We are not taking action against individuals who experienced this bug. I also want to thank everyone for being discrete about the nature of this bug as we received quite a lot of personal messages indicating what was happening. That allowed us to isolate and address the issue quickly.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

u can disable bit raider as all wise people already did

And bioware could simply disable it too. I did disable it on my desktop many moons ago, but I play on my laptop now and haven't thought about it since then.

But of course...blame anyone but the company who puts out a product with that kind of crap in it....and they'll keep doing things like that. Or do companies just spontaneously do stuff because no one tells them or complains?

No problem, always happy to report exploits. :) Also glad to hear you won't sanction players since a lot of my guildies accidentally clicked the button and were wondering why they auto-completed the quests. Edited by Jerba

Hey folks,

We are going to be bringing the servers down temporarily at 8AM PST (1600 GMT). The servers are going to be unavailable for approximately an hour.

Thank you for your understanding!

hi sorry for trouble but the dervers are not on line .. about 3 hours . d you kw were will be up?

Hey folks!

All servers are now live! Let's talk about why we did this quick maintenance. The Planetary Missions button in Galactic Command has had its functionality turned off to address a bug. The intent is to address the underlying issue and turn the functionality back on during our launch maintenance on Friday.

The reason we made this change is a bug where if someone pressed the Planetary Mission button there was a chance it could automatically complete some Missions. Meaning that by simply pressing the button, they could receive CXP. Additionally if someone declined the pop-up they would receive a new set of Missions which could continue this effect.

The actual effect of this bug is fairly minimal as it only impacted a limited amount of Planetary Missions. We are not taking action against individuals who experienced this bug. I also want to thank everyone for being discrete about the nature of this bug as we received quite a lot of personal messages indicating what was happening. That allowed us to isolate and address the issue quickly.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Thanks for the very fair way of handling this, and for openly admitting to having missed a major bug in the system, Eric!

Maybe not everyone will appreciate this, but I certainly value this kind of approach to dealing with one's community! =)

The Chapter XVI Arcann bug still isnt fixed after the downtime! Come on now I want to progress with the story T__T

There are a few workarounds with that bug that you can use. I personally used the attuned lightsaber reflect skill you obtain as he goes into his final shield phase, without using the bash to get stuck. Alternatively, Ive been told you can do it in master, and the bug isnt there, and you can do something else if you were a consular, but I cant remember that one.... theres a thread that has those workarounds in it as well:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=902324

hope that helps you!

Thanks for the very fair way of handling this, and for openly admitting to having missed a major bug in the system, Eric!

Maybe not everyone will appreciate this, but I certainly value this kind of approach to dealing with one's community! =)

Still, combined with the posting telling us how to handle exploits, it feels a bit like those shrewd security-awareness checks they sometimes do in my company: First there is some security-advice mail or newsticker and a week later you get an email from <your boss>@wrong.domain, telling you to send a copy of those documents you were working on.

:rolleyes: