No Participation Crystals for Solo ranked this season

FerreusSteelTip

Spread the word so PvEers, trolls and the like know that the participation crystals are only for GROUP ranked. They'd need to do 10 GROUP ranked matches to get the crystals unless they achieve tier 2.

"Ranked Warzone Black-Silver Striated Color Crystal Box (group queue only for this tier)" - direct quote.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol is that for real?

it will help clean up soloQ, but...that has to be the dumbest thing I've seen in terms of trying to encourage group participation. it isn't going to do a thing for the good teams (****** unranked teams), and it's going to make the PVEers rage even more, thus increasing the animosity between formats.

lol is that for real?

it will help clean up soloQ, but...that has to be the dumbest thing I've seen in terms of trying to encourage group participation. it isn't going to do a thing for the good teams (****** unranked teams), and it's going to make the PVEers rage even more, thus increasing the animosity between formats.

SEASON 4 REWARDS ANNOUNCED HERE

The new color crystal is (at it's lowest availability) 1000-1349 rating requirement in TEAM rateds. Meaning it definitely DOES promote teams to queue to acquire that. Because chances are even after your first 10 matches, you'd still be above 1000 and would get it.

The color crystal only becomes available to SOLO queuers when they reach 1350+. So technically it's a really good system. Though I wish that color crystals in general were EXCLUSIVE to team rateds. Thus, promoting even the solo rated champs to queue for teams if they want that crystal.

Also, all that said, I think the mount is really weak. Season 1 still has the best rated pvp mount in the game. :rak_03:

Edited by SOULCASTER

• Dev Post
Though I wish that color crystals in general were EXCLUSIVE to team rateds.

This is the first foray into group and solo having different rewards, albeit at a single tier. If all goes well and feedback is positive then we will consider expanding/differentiating the rewards the future.

This is the first foray into group and solo having different rewards, albeit at a single tier. If all goes well and feedback is positive then we will consider expanding/differentiating the rewards the future.

4s should definitely have more exclusive rewards. Even having it in the lowest bracket will encourage people to q up - perhaps moreso than if the crystal was 1625+.

That's not "different" rewards, that's just solo NOT getting a reward. Instead of giving solo LESS rewards, how about giving them actual different rewards, like having different tiered titles for solo and group?

Again, not LESS. Don't give solo LESS rewards, give it different rewards but the same amount.

SEASON 4 REWARDS ANNOUNCED HERE

The new color crystal is (at it's lowest availability) 1000-1349 rating requirement in TEAM rateds. Meaning it definitely DOES promote teams to queue to acquire that. Because chances are even after your first 10 matches, you'd still be above 1000 and would get it.

:rak_03:

who benefits from bad teams jumping into the queue, getting stepped on and leaving after 10 games or, worse, queueing against each other at odd hours?

I agree that it gets the participation monkey wrenches out of solo, and I'm glad for that even though I'm not doing it this season. but...this is going to go badly. it'll be like sitting in my pve guild on a pve server listening to my pve guildmates rage about getting "ganked" while minding their own business trying to do the (wait for it) pvp daily.

Someone said this already, but I think it would be great to have AC specific awards aside from the top 96 title. This way to encourage others to play more then just what is currently the strongest (FOTM) class in ranked. Also, would like to see legacy gear make a comeback for season 5 if we arent getting that this season.

The problem here is that certain classes right now are persona non grata in group ranked.. you are effectively telling us we cant get these unless someone wants to carry us or that we have to re-roll. This is not right, or fair.

That's not "different" rewards, that's just solo NOT getting a reward. Instead of giving solo LESS rewards, how about giving them actual different rewards, like having different tiered titles for solo and group?

Again, not LESS. Don't give solo LESS rewards, give it different rewards but the same amount.

^ This right here. I have nothing against group rated getting other rewards than solo rated (like a different recolor) but if it means that solo players are going to get less rewards, it's a bad idea.

While I am all for grouped play, it is an MMO after all, I am in a PvE guild and I can't set up a PvP group AND get high rating unless I join a PvP-only guild, so I'd rather solo queue.

Edited by Jerba

The problem here is that certain classes right now are persona non grata in group ranked.. you are effectively telling us we cant get these unless someone wants to carry us or that we have to re-roll. This is not right, or fair.

You can still get it from going 1350+ in solos. Which is like lower than what I ever started on with any character at all..

Also, 1k rating in team ranked. I seriously doubt you can get below that even if you lose all 10 games at the start.

^ This right here. I have nothing against group rated getting other rewards than solo rated (like a different recolor) but if it means that solo players are going to get less rewards, it's a bad idea.

it's easier to get grp rewards anyway. it's an easier system to game or just create kickball teams at odd hours. I mean...if it's just the participation that you care about for the 1000 rewards...that's a really really low rating. you could get it with kickball.

4s should definitely have more exclusive rewards. Even having it in the lowest bracket will encourage people to q up - perhaps moreso than if the crystal was 1625+.

I would love the color crystals be something like:

200 games played under TEAM ranked. Doesn't matter if you win or lose. THAT will keep people playing and enjoying the team queues. Then you leave the titles or mounts for the 1600+ guys that enjoy that.

Having things like NO color crystal for the solo queues, and ONLY having it be team related is another thing (like i mentioned earlier) that will keep the team queues going.

This game definitely should NOT promote the solo queues. Because 90% of solo rated matches are 4 dps vs 4 dps and that is NOT a game play style that classes should be balanced around. Which means over 2/3rds of the classes each season just aren't competitive. Teams is where the competition and class balance should be, and thus, better rewards.

Edited by SOULCASTER

who benefits from bad teams jumping into the queue, getting stepped on and leaving after 10 games or, worse, queueing against each other at odd hours?

Literally everyone benefits from bad teams jumpin in the queue! ALL of the mediocre/mid-tier teams would LOVE to see worse teams queue. You think they enjoy fighting the top 2 teams every night? =p Its nice to queue against someone at your skill level or lower for a change for those teams. And the ''bad teams'' get their participation reward, which is the only reason they likely are in the team queue in the first place. It's a win win.

And if they change team rateds to remove ELO and implement a "games played'' participation method, there would be even more teams queueing. IE: not just get 10 games played and stop. Maybe make the participation crystal like 50 games played (win or lose). Then there is a HIGH chance that other ''bad teams'' will queue and then all of a sudden...out of no where....the match making system will work! and the bads play the bads, the mids play the mids and the top teams go head to head and a perfect team rated queue is born. Well...almost. Missing cross server still :rak_03:

Edited by SOULCASTER

This whole season was basically worthless to participate in for solo, unless you had had the fortune of starting it with one of the OP classes primed and ready to go. Then it was all right. For anyone else, especially those on overpopulated imp servers filled with trolls and morons - good luck cracking 1375. Edited by clearsighted

This whole season was basically worthless to participate in for solo, unless you had had the fortune of starting it with one of the OP classes primed and ready to go. Then it was all right. For anyone else, especially those on overpopulated imp servers filled with trolls and morons - good luck cracking 1375.

Sadly this is true for many people/classes. They really need to do a class balance patch before they launch a rated season but hey...

Edited by SOULCASTER

You can still get it from going 1350+ in solos. Which is like lower than what I ever started on with any character at all..

Also, 1k rating in team ranked. I seriously doubt you can get below that even if you lose all 10 games at the start.

you're kidding right? you start at 1200. you would have to literally win every single one of your first 10 matches to start at 1350.

What garbage. I have over forty wins but because I have more losses I won't be getting jack. :mad: And no I'm not in PvE gear; I've had full Exhumed and better the whole season (I'm presently one piece away from full Reaver). I have stims, full augments -- everything I can think of to get an edge. Every week I queue up, every week I try my damnedest, and every week I think I lose more points than I gain. I was already upset I wouldn't even get close to silver; now I find out I'm not even eligible for the booby prize. Unless, of course, I try to get a group together for ranked and hope that I can at least get one win and not just get farmed by premades. With my luck I'll probably get flagged for win-trading and get suspended on top.

Fix your damn rating system, BW. :mad: Or at least set your baseline so that an average player (or someone who doesn't play FotM) has a chance of getting something.

you're kidding right? you start at 1200. you would have to literally win every single one of your first 10 matches to start at 1350.

No. if you win all 10 of your 1st matches you would be at 1500+ rating. It's been posted numerous times. To get to 1350 you'd have to go maybe 7wins and 3 losse though. 8-2 would definitely make you over 1350.

And proving once again that you know less than half of what you think you know.

Literally everyone benefits from bad teams jumpin in the queue! ALL of the mediocre/mid-tier teams would LOVE to see worse teams queue. You think they enjoy fighting the top 2 teams every night? =p Its nice to queue against someone at your skill level or lower for a change for those teams. And the ''bad teams'' get their participation reward, which is the only reason they likely are in the team queue in the first place. It's a win win.

that is a glass half full to my empty. I don't think this will be any different from the first time ranked 8s dropped. they'll maybe stick it out for the 1000k participation, and then they won't queue beause...why bother? not gonna gain rating unless you queue when the actual teams aren't in queue.

No. if you win all 10 of your 1st matches you would be at 1500+ rating. It's been posted numerous times. To get to 1350 you'd have to go maybe 7wins and 3 losse though. 8-2 would definitely make you over 1350.

Can confirm, I went 8-2 in my placements, started at 1393.